What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

This Year?

Immortal
So you guys are celebrating 100 years of playing in First Grade Rugby League, when in fact its your 101st year.
Seems about right for a dead-end club.
It's kinda like giving Abe Simpson shit about not being able to count because he's old and senile.
They only had a pandemic, a bad coach, some players on criminal charges and other dramas so I can understand them not wanting to celebrate a milestone until they passed it.
Think of it as your birthday being on a Thursday, but having the party on Saturday ( f**k I sound senile now too lol ).

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
So you guys are celebrating 100 years of playing in First Grade Rugby League, when in fact its your 101st year.
Seems about right for a dead-end club.

The club was founded in October 1920 but played our first game in the 1921 Competition.
So this year we celebrate 100 Years of playing First Grade Rugby League.

The club was founded in October 1920 but played our first game in the 1921 Competition.
So this year we celebrate 100 Years of playing First Grade Rugby League.
this year is the 101st season that St.George has been involved in First Grade Rugby League
Use your fingers to count, start at 1921

kit66

Bench
this year is the 101st season that St.George has been involved in First Grade Rugby League
Use your fingers to count, start at 1921

Correct and we're celebrating HAVING played for 100 years.

When did Australia celebrate 100 Years of Federation ? 2001 ( not 2000 ).

kit66

Bench
So is it 100 years?

That's what we're celebrating.
Last year was our 100th but the way it works we celebrate this year - e.g
Cook dropped in in 1770 - that was celebrated in 1970
First Fleet 1788 - Bicentenary 1988
Federation 1901 - Centenary 2001
Dragons - 1921 - Centenary 2021
simples.

GongPanther

Referee
Paul Momirovski and Daine Laurie swap between Tigers and Panthers official.

Penrith Panthers is delighted to confirm Paul Momirovski has joined the club on a two-year deal after being released by Wests Tigers.

The signing of the 24-year-old centre is part of an arrangement that has seen Daine Laurie granted an immediate release from his Panthers contract to join Wests Tigers, with the clubs to complete the necessary paperwork in the coming days.

Laurie, who made his NRL debut last season, had previously signed with the joint-venture club for 2022.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron heralded Momirovski’s arrival at Panthers as a significant boost for the club ahead of the 2021 NRL season.

“It’s always sad to see a player we’ve developed leave the club however Paul is a talented young footballer and we’re thrilled this arrangement has allowed us to secure his services for the next two seasons,” Cameron said.

“Our club has been very strong regarding the circumstances under which we would entertain releasing a player ahead of time. This is clearly one such instance.

“Paul's previous experience at the Roosters and Storm means he understands what winning culture looks and feels like, and the work it takes to get there.

“As shown by our club’s performances in 2020, that’s the culture we have strived to cultivate at Panthers.

“We believe Paul is ready to take the next step in his career and we’re excited he’ll have the opportunity to do it in Panthers colours.”

Momirovski has already been a member of two premiership-winning squads, at Sydney Roosters in 2018 and on loan at Melbourne Storm last season.

The Alexandria Rovers junior has scored 14 tries in his 19 NRL appearances.

“I’m excited to be joining Panthers and can’t wait to start training with the guys,” Momirovski said.

“What the team achieved last season shows how much talent there is at the club. It’s great to know I’ll be part of it for the next two years.

“For now I’m focused on working hard at training to continually improve and set myself up to play some consistent footy for the club.”

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/02/07/momirovski-joins-panthers-as-laurie-departs/

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Paul Momirovski and Daine Laurie swap between Tigers and Panthers official.

Penrith Panthers is delighted to confirm Paul Momirovski has joined the club on a two-year deal after being released by Wests Tigers.

The signing of the 24-year-old centre is part of an arrangement that has seen Daine Laurie granted an immediate release from his Panthers contract to join Wests Tigers, with the clubs to complete the necessary paperwork in the coming days.

Laurie, who made his NRL debut last season, had previously signed with the joint-venture club for 2022.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron heralded Momirovski’s arrival at Panthers as a significant boost for the club ahead of the 2021 NRL season.

“It’s always sad to see a player we’ve developed leave the club however Paul is a talented young footballer and we’re thrilled this arrangement has allowed us to secure his services for the next two seasons,” Cameron said.

“Our club has been very strong regarding the circumstances under which we would entertain releasing a player ahead of time. This is clearly one such instance.

“Paul's previous experience at the Roosters and Storm means he understands what winning culture looks and feels like, and the work it takes to get there.

“As shown by our club’s performances in 2020, that’s the culture we have strived to cultivate at Panthers.

“We believe Paul is ready to take the next step in his career and we’re excited he’ll have the opportunity to do it in Panthers colours.”

Momirovski has already been a member of two premiership-winning squads, at Sydney Roosters in 2018 and on loan at Melbourne Storm last season.

The Alexandria Rovers junior has scored 14 tries in his 19 NRL appearances.

“I’m excited to be joining Panthers and can’t wait to start training with the guys,” Momirovski said.

“What the team achieved last season shows how much talent there is at the club. It’s great to know I’ll be part of it for the next two years.

“For now I’m focused on working hard at training to continually improve and set myself up to play some consistent footy for the club.”

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/02/07/momirovski-joins-panthers-as-laurie-departs/

What are the odds. 2 guys called Daine Laurie and both will have played for the Panthers and Tigers.

simmo05

Bench

Roasted wests nicely there!

mozza91

Coach

Roasted wests nicely there!
Can’t discount the Tigers contribution in his development. They showed him just what it takes to finish 9th.

MugaB

Coach
4xpn21.jpg
This definitely confirmed!

Latest posts