What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Jane Murray

Bench
First of all not every Christian is a homophobe. There are many that realise much of what is written in the bible needs to be interpreted for our modern world or flat out ignored. Secondly they can believe what they want but if they make public statements on it they should expect a similar back lash.

Religion has been used as the justification for so much horrible shit, it’s not ok to be a bigot cause it’s in the bible IMO.
Likewise, religious people are up in arms when their believes are ridiculed, it works both ways.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Here are some other crazy Bible quotes -
Leviticus 24:16
"Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death"
or

Deutronomy 28:53

"Then because of the dire straights to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you."

Basically, this "book" was written 2000 years ago, considering social standards have evolved even in the last 30 years, 2000 years is a very long time ago to be quoting passages from a allegorical work of fiction to conveniently condemn our LGBTIQ brothers and sisters.

The_Frog

First Grade
Here are some other crazy Bible quotes -
Leviticus 24:16
"Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death"
or

Deutronomy 28:53

"Then because of the dire straights to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you."
Lot of weird stuff in the Old Testament. Very little of which even purports to have relevance to current times. Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Songs, Isaiah, that's about all they teach in modern churches. It's more a background, a history. Basically you need a theologian to explain it to you. There are sites online that can make sense of these quotes of yours if you are interested.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
On one hand I think Israel is pretty stupid. If you want to warn against a biblical precursor to societal fire and brimstone why don't you start with usury? Or maybe just take the "vengeance is not mine, it's the lords" principle.

But I completely agree with anyone who notes the hypocrisy in cheering for people who have committed actual assault while demonising Israel. The social circus around what amounts to nothing more than words is ridiculous and does more harm than good for the people it purports to be "protecting".

Anyway it's not realistic to consider him a target. He won't be getting an elite sporting contract again.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Lot of weird stuff in the Old Testament. Very little of which even purports to have relevance to current times. Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Songs, Isaiah, that's about all they teach in modern churches. It's more a background, a history. Basically you need a theologian to explain it to you. There are sites online that can make sense of these quotes of yours if you are interested.
Thanks Frog but growing up Roman Catholic (Croatian at that), I have had my fill of Bible passages and Old Testament rantings. Allegories and fables were a common storytelling tool then as they are now but they aren't meant to be literal.