What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I could be a card carrying member of the church of Satan & say whatever I like on my twitbook or instachat feed..

Nobody could stop me doing that..

But I imagine I’d have a hard time trying to get a job at a catholic school.

I’ve said nothing illegal and my rights haven’t been infringed..

It’s a misalignment of values between me and my potential employer

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm sorry, but what the hell has my opinions on any of this got to do with anything? And, please don't be a smartarse and go assuming what my opinions are, or what my position on gays/LGBt folk is. Quite frankly its none of your business.

This is about Folau and him being persecuted for making an opinion that is shared by a lot of people. Oh, and a little thing called freedom of speech, which is going down the gurgler more and more in this country.

But it looks like its no longer an issue for us Dragons supporters.
It was a joke you idiot Trying to make light.

FMD, the sook force is strong in you. Did someone take away your favourite bigot?

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Agree redv13 , the topic is entering new grounds where unfortunately some appear to be enjoying themselves at the expense of other members .

True that, G67.

Its only natural that there will be many a opinion and reason for and against but at the end of the day, we are all Dragons supporters and l for one, would not like to see fellow members fall out with each other over something that has already been determined.

Over to you ladies & gents as l leave the arena.
Enjoy your evening, folks.

There was a time when the Club had an uneasy affiliation with the fans. It was sometimes a strained relationship, but at least we were on talking terms.

But things changed.

I posted earlier in this thread that the Club doesn't really care what the fans think.

Then I thought maybe fans found a voice and had an influence by tying up their emails and phones. Doubtful if the Club will ever admit to it.

Either way, fans are treated like customers nowadays.

When the Club started going down that path some 20 years ago, I said "careful what you wish for."

Badly implemented corporate facsimiles. All clubs are guilty.

The game gets more distant and remote to its fan base every year. Its pretty much about selling widgets now and giving mates jobs.

Webby and Pascoe need to do a lot more for the common fan punter.

Some of these ticketed membership prices border on ridiculous and virtually no one can afford the food and drink prices at the canteen.

Transport is shite and try parking near Leichhardt without getting booked. The goons are out in force.

The basic premise is that we are all suckers and idiots.

In my honest opinion, I don’t like Israel, especially when he set up his go fund me to pay his legals when he owned 7 houses. Bludging off the poor, preying on their faith, the arrogant, egotistical, low life, intolerant flog.

Being a first class hating prick is the best of his virtues. That is my belief.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There was a time when the Club had an uneasy affiliation with the fans. It was sometimes a strained relationship, but at least we were on talking terms.

But things changed.

I posted earlier in this thread that the Club doesn't really care what the fans think.

Then I thought maybe fans found a voice and had an influence by tying up their emails and phones. Doubtful if the Club will ever admit to it.

Either way, fans are treated like customers nowadays.

When the Club started going down that path some 20 years ago, I said "careful what you wish for."

well...if you’re interested, I sent them a respectful email asking what the dragons thought process was in wanting to sign Folau...2 days later and I’ve heard diddly squat. So you’re right...we mean nothing to these shit merkins.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
well...if you’re interested, I sent them a respectful email asking what the dragons thought process was in wanting to sign Folau...2 days later and I’ve heard diddly squat. So you’re right...we mean nothing to these shit merkins.
They might have been overwhelmed. Maybe resend next week. Attention CEO with a few others cced in.

Gippsy

Bench
It was a joke you idiot Trying to make light.

FMD, the sook force is strong in you. Did someone take away your favourite bigot?

Yeah right.

If I was the sook you think I am I would have told you to go f**k yourself you self righteous prick! Hey, just joking man!

And, by the way I'm not too disappointed we are not signing Folau. I would've preferred we sign a top quality back rower.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
They might have been overwhelmed. Maybe resend next week. Attention CEO with a few others cced in.
Hahaha...I guess my question was answered by the circus over the last 2 days...that is...”they were too stupid to realise what signing Folau would actually bring them”

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah right.

If I was the sook you think I am I would have told you to go f**k yourself you self righteous prick! Hey, just joking man!

And, by the way I'm not too disappointed we are not signing Folau. I would've preferred we sign a top quality back rower.
I stand corrected. You're the forum tough guy who moonlights as a sook.

I’m personally a bit disappointed this fell through because I want quality players at my club.

But. Gotta say I don’t really get the outrage. If I was gay and someone said because you’re gay you’re going to an imaginary hell. Big whoop. This would hold as much weight as saying if you’re gay you’ll be devoured by the Jabberwock.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I’m personally a bit disappointed this fell through because I want quality players at my club.

But. Gotta say I don’t really get the outrage. If I was gay and someone said because you’re gay you’re going to an imaginary hell. Big whoop. This would hold as much weight as saying if you’re gay you’ll be devoured by the Jabberwock.
Or be banned from Facebook. Oh no I can stand it anymore I want this to end. Shit we should have signed him be like Martin Offiah weeeell maybe no him but Ricky Walford or Nathan Blacklock. Lol

The_Frog

First Grade

It is confected outrage. They find themselves now possessed of great power, but power is of no use unless you wield it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

So your argument is based on IF you were gay you wouldnt be offended, then ypu proceed to ridicule any gays that might be offended.

If you speak for others for long enough I suppose you can kid yourself into anything.

And Folau is no longer a proven quality player at NRL level. I watched the highlight package of his season in the ESL and he was running through some paper thin defence. He won't get away with that in the NRL. Plus the video failed to show anything about his defensve game, which raises some questions.