What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau

rasaint

Juniors
Nothing ventured nothing gained, so we took the road less travelled. Now we are dark times but when it gets dark enough you see the stars. The media is shovelling dirt at us but the most beautiful of flowers has to grow the dirt before it blossoms.

Next post please. Keep your chin up everyone.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
But this time the finger should not be pointed at the coach. What do we have to do to get a fresh board??
I'm sure you're aware that a good portion of fans have been critical of the board for some years.

Words will mean nothing. But if you are a St George Leagues Club member with voting rights, you have the potential to scare the shit out the current SGID board.

possm

Coach
If we can't be positive before a ball has been kick in anger, we have problems.
After 8 years of the Peanut, until otherwise noted, l'm installing as much faith as possible in Hook & Co.
We still have two left over staff who are in key positions. Their lack of professionalism and inability to get things done quickly is what is holding the Club back now. Horan and Millward need to be the next to go.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
He has the right to say what he wishes.

He has the right to post on on social media parts of scripture that suit him.

Private entities have the right to employ those whom to the company are inclusive and beneficial.

No one's "rights" have been infringed.

If he believes that he has been wronged, then expect another "gofundme" site like he did with the ACL in his Union dispute.

Last time he raised over 2 million.
Funny that for a wealthy " servant " he depended on the public to raise money.

Spare me any sympathy for Izzy.

It was poor form a person of such wealth did the go fund me thing. He raised $2 million dollars and they closed it down with the money still rolling in. It did show he had a lot of support but it is unclear whether the support was mainly backing his views on same sex relationships or his right to freedom of speech. Maybe we should start a go fund me page to raise money to get a board with a bit of commonsense and a back bone.

Dragons4me

Juniors
It was poor form a person of such wealth did the go fund me thing. He raised $2 million dollars and they closed it down with the money still rolling in. It did show he had a lot of support but it is unclear whether the support was mainly backing his views on same sex relationships or his right to freedom of speech. Maybe we should start a go fund me page to raise money to get a board with a bit of commonsense and a back bone.

Yeah. I've avoiding making a comment re Folou. There's been enough said....until now. We've dodged a massive bullet here. Glad we haven't signed him. We'd have to put up with anyone and everyone's comments and focus for two years. Journo's who think I want and need their opinion. Don't need it. Don't want it. When I want a footballer to tell me how I should live my life, I'll go look for one and ask him. Until then.....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When I want a footballer to tell me how I should live my life, I'll go look for one and ask him. Until then.....
I’d be pretty happy for Cam Munster to tell me how to live my life..

That guy seems to be genuinely loving life & having a ball.

The jerk.

Splinters

Juniors
Interesting but somewhat confusingly contradictory news from Victoria:

1. Government outlaws conversion therapy ( a non-violent. surgery-and-drug-free therapy) where it causes "injury" or "serious injury" (physical or mental) with penalties of up to 10 years in prison and fines of $200,000.

Note that this law is called the "Conversion or Suppression Practices Act"

This law applies to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, religious people, body corporates, and family members. In other words, no one is permitted to help you if you are in a state of gender dysphoria.

Why not? Not even kind words and sympathy?

2. At the very same time, at this Victorian government site, the oh-so-wise government explains sexuality to all of us dummies. Apparently it can change over time.
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/Sexuality-explained

It explains
  • Sexuality is diverse, and there are many different types. It can take time to figure out the sexuality that fits you best. And your sexuality can change over time.
So sexuality can change over time but you may not counsel anyone about that?

Odd.

3. Now, I don't know what the situation is in Victoria, but it may be out of step with Queensland where:

A 13-year-old transgender child can be given puberty blocking medical treatment without the consent of her father, according to a landmark Queensland court ruling. The decision would overrule a previous determination that both parents must give consent for such a treatment to occur. The mother of the child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, applied to Queensland’s Supreme Court to urgently access the treatment.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...ocking-medicine-by-queensland-court-c-1962174

So in Queensland sex-change therapy using drugs and surgery is approved for minors.

But in Victoria you'll get ten years in prison for offering someone advice about his or her dissatisfaction about his or her sexual feelings.

It appears that as a whole Australia needs a "Munchhausen Syndrome Act" to protect children who destroy their own children to satisfy their own sick compusion to be the center of attention and sympathy. It is rampant nowadays.

I might note here that typically, with time, feelings of gender dysphoria will abate. In contrast, more than 40% of people who undergo transgender surgeries ultimately wish they had not and commit suicide.

MY CONCLUSION:

The standard of public discussion of these issues - the contradictions and hypocrisies - is insane and we are now living in a 100% clown world.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Interesting but somewhat confusingly contradictory news from Victoria:

1. Government outlaws conversion therapy ( a non-violent. surgery-and-drug-free therapy) where it causes "injury" or "serious injury" (physical or mental) with penalties of up to 10 years in prison and fines of $200,000.

Note that this law is called the "Conversion or Suppression Practices Act"

This law applies to psychiatrists, psychotherapists, religious people, body corporates, and family members. In other words, no one is permitted to help you if you are in a state of gender dysphoria.

Why not? Not even kind words and sympathy?

2. At the very same time, at this Victorian government site, the oh-so-wise government explains sexuality to all of us dummies. Apparently it can change over time.
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/Sexuality-explained

It explains
  • Sexuality is diverse, and there are many different types. It can take time to figure out the sexuality that fits you best. And your sexuality can change over time.
So sexuality can change over time but you may not counsel anyone about that?

Odd.

3. Now, I don't know what the situation is in Victoria, but it may be out of step with Queensland where:

A 13-year-old transgender child can be given puberty blocking medical treatment without the consent of her father, according to a landmark Queensland court ruling. The decision would overrule a previous determination that both parents must give consent for such a treatment to occur. The mother of the child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, applied to Queensland’s Supreme Court to urgently access the treatment.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...ocking-medicine-by-queensland-court-c-1962174

So in Queensland sex-change therapy using drugs and surgery is approved for minors.

But in Victoria you'll get ten years in prison for offering someone advice about his or her dissatisfaction about his or her sexual feelings.

I might note here that typically, with time, feelings of gender dysphoria will abate. And I should also note that more than 40% of people who undergo transgender surgeries ultimately commit suicide.

MY CONCLUSION:

The standard of public discussion of these issues - the contradictions and hypocrisies - is insane and we are now living in a 100% clown world.
With all due respect, you’re a f**kwit.