What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Zadar

Juniors
Christmas is a commercial holiday now not a religious observance.

the name should really be changed then, and be treated like Ramadan or Yom Kippur which are celebrated by only the people who believe in their respective faiths.

Mothers and Father’s Day are now slowly being abolished too with Woolworths celebrating special people day instead.

Bazal

Post Whore
what I do find amusing is the amount of people we all know that don’t believe in the “fictional book” who then go out and buy Christmas gifts for their families and friends.

Yeah look people are about a week away from celebrating a day named for a bloke who supposedly gave sight to some blind chick and then got stoned and beheaded by giving each other sappy trinkets and f**king like animals, so I'm not sure that argument holds a lot of weight tbh

Zadar

Juniors
Yeah look people are about a week away from celebrating a day named for a bloke who supposedly gave sight to some blind chick and then got stoned and beheaded by giving each other sappy trinkets and f**king like animals, so I'm not sure that argument holds a lot of weight tbh

the day you are talking about includes all though and does not cause any angst, the “Christmas” holiday name must infuriate certain groups because of what it actually stands for, but they still celebrate it in some form.

A name change must be on the cards soon.

AJB1102

First Grade

At least he squeezed a bit of fun in.

Bazal

Post Whore
the day you are talking about includes all though and does not cause any angst, the “Christmas” holiday name must infuriate certain groups because of what it actually stands for, but they still celebrate it in some form.

Or most of them understand that these things change, and are constantly incorporating new traditions...Christmas in terms of it's place in the calendar isn't even Christian apart from the mythology, it's a Pagan winter solstice celebration shoe-horned into the Christian calendar.

Christmas trees and a fat bloke in red are probably the most well known "icon" of the holiday, and they have nothing to do with Jesus. Trees were co-opted from German Yule celebrations and Santa is another St Valentine-esque bastardisation....both have essentially zero connection to Christianity.

It's just not a very good point, sorry.

AJB1102

First Grade
the name should really be changed then, and be treated like Ramadan or Yom Kippur which are celebrated by only the people who believe in their respective faiths.

Mothers and Father’s Day are now slowly being abolished too with Woolworths celebrating special people day instead.

Yeah I don't see advertising departments relinquishing the selling power of "Christmas" so Jesus and friends will be the ones brainstorming a name change.

Perth Red

Post Whore
. . . . . He didn't SINGLE them out. Far from it..
In his quoting of the bible ( someone else's words, not Izzy's ) the thieves, adulterers, Fornicators, drunks, idolaters, and others are all listed as going to hell. Long bow to draw saying he singled out the gays when in fact they were in a group of 7 or 8 others.
If you see the bible as a fictional book, why the hell would you be SO wound up by anything it says ?
But do rant on.

It wasnt just a single Instagram post though was it. And I'm not wound up, Im putting across a point of view that saying sht things about a minority group that still has a massively higher rate of youth suicide due to the isolation and way they feel they are being shunned is not a good way to behave, regardless of what some fictional book says. I find it interesting that others do not have the same level of empathy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what I do find amusing is the amount of people we all know that don’t believe in the “fictional book” who then go out and buy Christmas gifts for their families and friends.

You do know that Christmas has zero to do with Christianity for the majority of the population dont you? If the Govt changed its name to coco-cola day we'd still all enjoy the time off, the dinner and getting presents lol Pretty much every element of christmas you can trace back to some other religious ceremony pre christianity, so really christians are being pretty hypocritical supporting it dont you think?

_Johnsy

Referee
It's my opinion. I hope that is OK with you. You seem to have enough of them for us both.
Not really, you have delivered this as if it is a fact.

Sad that the baying mob, most of whom aren't even supporters of the sport, can force the hand of a club like this.

You’ve clearly stated that people who aren’t even supporters of the sport have forced the hand of St George Illawarra. If you intended to have it as your opinion all you had to do was say “I believe it’s sad that the baying mob, most of whom aren't even supporters of the sport, can force the hand of a club like this” That is of course unless you didn’t undertake English past year 4.

Not a difficult premise to grasp, is it.

_Johnsy

Referee

I don’t think the Pagans will kick up a fuss that their festival has been stolen & bastardised.

you seriously think Folau was on $800k in the super league?? That would have made him the highest earner in the league when he was viewed as the third rail to everyone except some french bigots. I doubt he would have been on more than $100k

In the NRL he is taking up considerable cap space. $100k? You’re having a laugh.

This Year?

Immortal
What reading comments in this thread is like:

tenor.gif

shear_joy9

Coach
In the NRL he is taking up considerable cap space. $100k? You’re having a laugh.

he's taking up zero nrl cap space and it will forever be mystery what he could have earned.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was on less than $100k in the super league. No way in the world would it have been anywhere near $800k.

Last edited:

Latest posts