What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
The trick is to navigate this year .yes the upgrades start but so does the ending of Blake mansour hethrington top ups we are paying

Which is the tricky part. Someone wanting out likely wants a multi year deal. We need someone that is happy with this year only

I’m not sure why some of you smuggies are coming onto our forum being nasty to us about the Huth and his standards bullshit.

We want to see you, there’s a certain affinity since Ivan abandoned us, but come over and be constructive and nice.

Especially you @The_Frog Use your obviously high intellect and sound knowledge of the game for the good.

Join me in condemning social intolerance as well. Live and let live. You’re in a position to make a difference.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful thing to not be desperate in negotiations and be a team other players want to come to.
I was just having a look at the bulldogs team.
I am a bit surprised Napa would be on the table, they have less depth at prop than we do.
Luke Thompson the grub is suspended, toleman gone. That Leaves Hethrington and Napa starting.
Apart from a couple of second rowers we don't need, or maybe hopoate or averillo at centre I can't see much we would be interested in.
I have never understood The Dogs buying every back on the market (they have four FB’s) when their problem is clearly a distinct lack of forwards. Injuries to forwards will kill them. They will be with us, Sharks, Dragons, and Broncos fighting to stay out of the bottom 4.

The_Frog

First Grade
I’m not sure why some of you smuggies are coming onto our forum being nasty to us about the Huth and his standards bullshit.

We want to see you, there’s a certain affinity since Ivan abandoned us, but come over and be constructive and nice.

Especially you @The_Frog Use your obviously high intellect and sound knowledge of the game for the good.

Join me in condemning social intolerance as well. Live and let live. You’re in a position to make a difference.
Cheeky bastard. No idea when I last posted on the WT forum. Probably never under this account.

They clearly have not been watching the Huth in action recently -very low playing standard. Throw Rennings in there too!

Cheeky bastard. No idea when I last posted on the WT forum. Probably never under this account.

Well ffs then come over and settle down some of your brethren.

Jeez Willow had a bite out of you recently! I ducked under the table. Anyways:-

My alt as @murraymob has been very successful here.

I set him up to spy on Ivan, be a toady grumbler and in discussions with me, make the real tsp look good.

Of course it backfired and at last count my mobster alt has 3,573 followers and 4,000 trophy points. I’ve tried following myself, but it doesn’t work. I’ve amassed 3 trophy points for liking @BradParkerTheGoat. He goes ok.

When I get to 5000 points, I get a lunch with @Twizzle and the mighty ezine lads. I have to pay for it though, my shout for everyone if you check the fine print on lu terms and conditions.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I

I set him up to spy on Ivan, be a toady grumbler and in discussions with me, make the real tsp look good.

Of course it backfired and at last count my mobster alt has 3,573 followers and 4,000 trophy points. I’ve tried following myself, but it doesn’t work. I’ve amassed 3 trophy points for liking @BradParkerTheGoat. He goes ok.

When I get to 5000 points, I get a lunch with @Twizzle and the mighty ezine lads. I have to pay for it though, my shout for everyone if you check the fine print on lu terms and conditions.
am now availa

i am available for celebrity appearance wedding bar mitzmah parties photos autographs if I reach 5000 followers possible calendar and tv appearance with other D grade celebrity’s lol

I actually don’t mind the idea of Napa.

He was (yes I know, was) a beast when he made his debut and his form hasn’t been the same since playing for the Dogs.

Perhaps a change of scenery could do him some good.

I took a screen shot of this last night:

452A4FD4-F4BD-4415-B276-66F47D411167.jpeg

When my alt mobmeister makes moderator, when he has some power around the place, I am going to use his influence to bring most of you over to Tigers.

That’s the plan anyway.

Just to be serious for a moment:

You’ll enjoy this too:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/

I can’t imagine what it cost to put together, but like all things connected to our league unlimited it’s free.

And in a world of selfish bludging greedy scum, that’s rare and wonderful. Kudos and thanks due.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
We need a half if Burton goes. Throw Wakeham or Lewis in too and then deal

Blade did mention other players.
Maybe one option is a half?
If the Dogs did get Burton this year they would have surplus requirements in their squad.
Flanagan, Lewis, Averillo, Burton, Wakeham, and if desperate Marshall-King.

Whino

Bench
Depends what he's asking. I suspect it would be at least what Hetho was on, and what would be the point of that?

Isn't he on $600k?
So far about a quarter of his wage for this year has been paid. If we could get the Dogs to chip in $150- $200 it could be a bargain pick up.
Only trouble is he is off contract end of this year. He wouldn't come across just for this year.
He would want another year or 2 years added to the deal, and that is where we would struggle.

franklin2323

Immortal
If the Dogs did get Burton this year they would have surplus requirements in their squad.

Napa and a half is worth letting him go early. A half alone no because he covers several positions and decent coverage during Origin

franklin2323

Immortal
Isn't he on $600k?
So far about a quarter of his wage for this year has been paid. If we could get the Dogs to chip in $150- $200 it could be a bargain pick up.
Only trouble is he is off contract end of this year. He wouldn't come across just for this year.
He would want another year or 2 years added to the deal, and that is where we would struggle to do.

They would prob chip in. It is the extra years that becomes the issue

I’m pretty sure they’d be happy to give you Lewis now because he is so shit, and that’s according to the fans. Wakeham would be worth it, hut I doubt he’s likely to from CC at Canterbury to CC at Penrith without an upgrade. Napa is rubbish, I have no idea why anybody wants him.

Latest posts