What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2020/2021 (Mens and Womens)

simmo1

First Grade
Sixers were head and shoulders above every other team this season.

Much better quality overall than some of previous seasons. Seemed like more closer games too. Grounds like Canberra and Hobart are much better for T20 than shit holes like Spotless and the Melbourne grounds.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Callum Ferguson told by the Thunder he will not be offered a new contract. I think it's a good decision. They have some good young guys like Oliver Davies who need more opportunities and maybe they can get an upgrade elsewhere with the cap savings.

Despite doing a good job of rebuilding the innings a few times this season I just feel he wastes too many balls. For long periods he bats without even attempting to hit the ball hard and low to the boundary let alone over it. He just looks for tap and run singles for overs on end. He also lacks the power to hit over the ring consistently you'd expect from a #3 batsman. Too many innings of 37 runs from 36 deliveries.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'll miss the BBL, although it was largely village/comical it at least was something to watch over the 87 weeks it was on.
Highlights:
Wadey's dropped catch in the Hurricanes last match.
The stars failure
Lowlights:
The umpiring
Warnie
The lack of Clive Rose

TheParraboy

Staff member
Callum Ferguson told by the Thunder he will not be offered a new contract. I think it's a good decision. They have some good young guys like Oliver Davies who need more opportunities and maybe they can get an upgrade elsewhere with the cap savings.

Despite doing a good job of rebuilding the innings a few times this season I just feel he wastes too many balls. For long periods he bats without even attempting to hit the ball hard and low to the boundary let alone over it. He just looks for tap and run singles for overs on end. He also lacks the power to hit over the ring consistently you'd expect from a #3 batsman. Too many innings of 37 runs from 36 deliveries.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/bb...r-season/07c82042-3f12-46e1-9c54-0dfb81fd33ff

"I think the initial reaction was just shock. We'd gone to the Thunder before the start of the season and we were looking to re-sign. They wanted to hold on it.

"I started the season really well and we went back to them again and they wanted to hold again.

"Missed out a few times in the middle of the season and then finished really well, so we went back to them again and non-committal would be probably a bit of an understatement.

"My manager literally couldn't get a return phone call from the Thunder for a week and a half I reckon. No response to text messages and emails, which was frustrating.

"We finally heard from them yesterday. It is disappointment and shock, I think, initially, and then it probably got to anger at different stages throughout the day.

"In the end, I think I got to the point where I was like, 'Well, you know what, one door closes, hopefully another one will open'."

Ferguson will seek a spot with another BBL franchise and has also indicated his desire to play T20 cricket abroad. He retired from first-class cricket last year after a distinguished career for South Australia that reaped a lone Test appearance.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sad to see Fergo go, I would have kept him on for one more year

I reckon Green gets the captaincy

Bazal

Post Whore
Classic Thunder.

Fergo will offer plenty to someone like the Renegades or the Strikers.

Latest posts