What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
About equality? Ffs now they may have some transgender merkins or some queers as dancers.

#f^*kthekarensoftheworld

Apparently storm broncos raiders ditched theirs ages ago. Rusty replaced them at Rabbits with drummers in 2007.

Six NFL teams don’t have cheerleading squads: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cheerleaders are exploited workers whose 'sexiness' is used against them

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-exploited-workers-sexiness-used-against-them

strider

Post Whore
I once worked with a roosters cheerleader .... dont think she felt exploited in any way ... it was a means of advancing ones dancing career (not that dancing)

Noise

Coach
I once worked with a roosters cheerleader .... dont think she felt exploited in any way ... it was a means of advancing ones dancing career (not that dancing)
Yep, I went to uni with a Souths cheerleader. She was also some aerobics champion. They get paid only a little. They do it because they love it and love performing.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Eels supporter Dr Brad is getting harassed by merkins who aren’t happy with whatever they aren’t happy with about this.

eels_fan

First Grade
The article has direct quotes from the Eels CEO and the head cheerleader stating it was a financial decision regarding reducing game day expenditure/costs due to financial pressures and instability of Covid and how it still may affect 2021.

strider

Post Whore
we need to follow the lead of the japan olympics .... sit in your seat, STFU and don't move .... the PA parra clap clap clap will be game winner

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

So if they get the 1500 signatures, which is looking like they will, that's only 3% of PNRL members that signed and that's assuming all that sign are Eels members

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Look I can understand it being a financial and COVID decision. Unfortunately we are in difficult times and its uncertain when this pandemic will finish. I mean when it does finish who knows if they decide to bring it back, but it is probably unlikely since other clubs are taking the direction of not having cheergirls.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the social media warriors are in support of not having cheerleaders as it exploits women so its a good thing apparently