What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
Hastings was repeatedly punching on with his manly teammates, the players forced the club to get rid of him. Same happened at the roosters. Roberts is a confirmed drug addict, musgrove has f**ked up on the piss twice now, at the same venue. These blokes don't bring success, only bullshit
I see where you are coming from and in part agree.
If we are signing a bunch of guys who are going to act like lunatics OFF the field, then we are doomed.
If we are signing a bunch of guys who are going to act like lunatics ON the field, i.e. intimidate and bully opposition players then Im all for it. Choir boys don’t win you games of football.
Our club is quickly becoming the misfits. Can Madge and Co. bridle their collective arseholeness into a laser beamed focus aimed at crushing opposition teams? It’s going to be an interesting and wild ride finding out!

Laurie was the Panthers jersey flegg player of the year, beating out the likes of Blore, Crichton, Kenny and Leinu a couple of seasons ago.

Utility back, he can cover numerous positions quite easily, which is what we need if Mbye fixes his game. Young, fast and powerful.

Their reluctance to surrender him without a fist fight suggests they think very highly of him. And it’s not like they have a sub-standard squad despite its unfolding disintegration via the cap cycle.

They didn’t think he was excess to requirements at all.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
I have to say I picked it before Momo went to Melbourne ...there were only a couple of us ..others of u have prob had time to change your minds about him haha
. . . WA, I know you guys are on a time-lag, but I have to clear up this post of yours.
When replying to rhyno, if you say things like "others of u" . . . that give one the impression that rhyno is one of us.
Please be careful to never say that again, mate.
Not even as a joke.
. . . Further, ICleary seems to be doing the same old recruitment strategies at the 'riff.
He loves to re-acquaint himself with past players.
Like the teenage mate that kept going back to his ex.
And we know how both those scenarios worked out . .

WA Tiger

Bench
. . . WA, I know you guys are on a time-lag, but I have to clear up this post of yours.
When replying to rhyno, if you say things like "others of u" . . . that give one the impression that rhyno is one of us.
Please be careful to never say that again, mate.
Not even as a joke.
. . . Further, ICleary seems to be doing the same old recruitment strategies at the 'riff.
He loves to re-acquaint himself with past players.
Like the teenage mate that kept going back to his ex.
And we know how both those scenarios worked out . .
Absolutely I don’t want to have your good work go to waste there Roscoe re Ryno ...Unbelievably I sometimes get mixed up between Ryno and Roscoe so I’m pretty sure that’s what happened there.. ..with the two whats Inames in both your names and all the colour as well ...but yea that won’t happen again My post certainly wasn’t for Ryno. I was just looking for a some bites with that one..
...I can’t put my finger on the teenage dude re Cleary but it might come to me ..

Last edited:
IMO, the worst thing that happened to Momo was getting injured when he was at the storm.

I think the Tigers expected him to return as a proven 1st grade centre as he wasn’t going to displace the wingers at the Storm.

At the Storm, Momo started with 3 games in the centres, rounds 7, 8 & 9. Rd 10 on the wing, Rd 11 on the bench and then Rd 20 in the centres.

In 2019 Momo played 11 games for the Tigers (5 on the wing, 5 in the centres & 1 at fullback).

In 2018 he played for Wyong in the NSW Cup and was used as a replacement centre in the final.

So he wasn’t a proven, experienced 1st grader when he left the Tigers 1st time or 2nd time.

He's still only 24 but gee, will he get much 1st grade at the foot of the mountains?

gordsy

Juniors
I never like we when people say he is a flegg star, I like when people say he is a good kid who is tough and has a great work ethic and is willing to listen. Far more of the latter kick on then the former..

I never like we when people say he is a flegg star, I like when people say he is a good kid who is tough and has a great work ethic and is willing to listen. Far more of the latter kick on then the former..

I agree but I don’t think it hurts the cause too much to let people know of his achievements, especially as against some of his more highly thought marquee contemporaries.

Plus general background of a new signing.

But proof is in the pudding, juries out etc, that’s a given.

simmo05

Bench
I see where you are coming from and in part agree.
If we are signing a bunch of guys who are going to act like lunatics OFF the field, then we are doomed.
If we are signing a bunch of guys who are going to act like lunatics ON the field, i.e. intimidate and bully opposition players then Im all for it. Choir boys don’t win you games of football.
Our club is quickly becoming the misfits. Can Madge and Co. bridle their collective arseholeness into a laser beamed focus aimed at crushing opposition teams? It’s going to be an interesting and wild ride finding out!
Correct. I'd gladly have a bunch of on field lunatics! But swapping a young goal kicking centre for a crack head well past his never reached best?

What a twat. Walters must be shattered.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/5a4d79617c327c139fe44cf6a6c7c03a

BREAKING: NRL slaps Haas with huge fine, suspension for abusing police

Silly conduct, but I’m a bit tired of the nrl playing judge and they should stay out of crime.

The suspension hurts the club, fans and the game disproportionately.

I think in minor cases like this, the players should be able to do a penance by extra charity work and fines should be much more measured.

But I’d let him play.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Can see why, LM didn’t sign with us:joy:

How incredibly trim and fit Joey Leilua looks by comparison.

210208---training-tamworth_154.jpg

Latest posts