What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Hooked

Juniors
Yeah that’s what I vaguely recall. I remember it made ALL the major headlines and there were literally calls to have him banned, executed, etc.....(or so it seemed).

Then I remember his first game back which was against the Dragons at Penrith Stadium. It was sold out and the Dragons fans were absolutely giving it to Gower, yelling out, “ALCOHOLIC” and other “pleasantries”.

He went on the tear the Dragons a new one and got man of the match honours (I think). We ended up winning 27-6.

I remember that game. In the 1st half, we didn't make one mistake. Brandy was a last-minute inclusion and like Gower, played a blinder.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
Why ?

You probably need to offer a good player for next to nothing for the club even to consider this........

Why? Because their club is so incompetent they can't develop their own players and have to result in stealing other clubs.
It is not our fault with the position they are in. They have Flanagan, Averillo, Lewis, and Wakeham. How many more halves do they need this year?
Burton is not going to be their saviour.

Releasing Burton weakens us. If Luai or Cleary go down I want Burton there instead of May or Salmon.

Screw them and make them wait. If Burton is kicking stones he can pull his head in.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why? Because their club is so incompetent they can't develop their own players and have to result in stealing other clubs.
It is not our fault with the position they are in. They have Flanagan, Averillo, Lewis, and Wakeham. How many more halves do they need this year?
Burton is not going to be their saviour.

Releasing Burton weakens us. If Luai or Cleary go down I want Burton there instead of May or Salmon.

Screw them and make them wait. If Burton is kicking stones he can pull his head in.

According to Nathan Taylor (Western Weekender) Dean Whare has been given an immediate release to travel to France......

No quotes from Burton in the story @Jane Murray posted. Just Riolo's opinion. Riolo can go f**k himself in the arse with his opinion.

The only way I would consider it is if they come up with a decent swap & wear Hetherington's contract at full freight so he is off our cap now.

If his manager is agitating publicly I’d say there’s some truth to it, would make things a little uncomfortable for Burton if his manager is just going it alone.

Jane Murray

Bench
No quotes from Burton in the story @Jane Murray posted. Just Riolo's opinion. Riolo can go f**k himself in the arse with his opinion.

The only way I would consider it is if they come up with a decent swap & wear Hetherington's contract at full freight so he is off our cap now.
He did mention that Burton is 100% for the release.

He did mention that Burton is 100% for the release.
Of course he is, and I would too. However, there is no way Penrith should be releasing him since he is next man in your halves. I would if Averillo was offered. Now if he was a development player with two years left on his contract I most certainly would release him!

Latest posts