What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Brandon Smiths manager Stan Martin spotted in Wollongong this morning getting out of an Uber .... doesn’t sound like a holiday to me .. wouldn’t be surprised Dragons try to break the bank and offer Brandon Smith a record breaking contract especially after the hammering the club is getting from all media they need to redeem themselves in some way.. cash is there especially if Mciness is off the books by round 1 and the Sharks agree to take him only needing to pay $300k of his contract this year as Dragons have already paid 4mnths worth ..wild theory but some coincidence !
Martin also manages Agnatius Paasi so don't get too excited Mickey.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I wouldn’t be holding much hope for Brandon Smith, I think you will find he’s Broncos big target in 2022.
I recall the story last year that his Family are moving from NZ to live in Brisbane & he wanted to be near them, after living apart.
That tells me either the Broncos or Titans would be his preferred clubs to land.
The fact the Storm CEO starts soon as the new Broncos CEO may have some baring with any forthcoming deal.

FlameThrower

Bench
We’ve missed the boat again on many players. But as I posted elsewhere, why is it previously struggling clubs can recruit and we can’t sign anyone of major standing. Is the Wollongong base, such a turn off? Is it our old fashioned image and club that hangs on the glory days of the 50’s and 60’s...
Is it the proposition that we are bottom dwellers and no longer a successful and competitive Club...
The divided BOD, exodus of big names in recent years, dwindling memberships and crowd numbers would not be helping...

Coffs dragon

Bench
We’ve missed the boat again on many players. But as I posted elsewhere, why is it previously struggling clubs can recruit and we can’t sign anyone of major standing. Is the Wollongong base, such a turn off? Is it our old fashioned image and club that hangs on the glory days of the 50’s and 60’s...
Is it the proposition that we are bottom dwellers and no longer a successful and competitive Club...
The divided BOD, exodus of big names in recent years, dwindling memberships and crowd numbers would not be helping...
Flame I believe the buck stops with the BOD as they are the decision makers & set the agendas with appointments. They have history in making some woeful stinker decisions over the last 10 years, based on survival and divided alliances.
Surely player Managers understand the challenges dealing with this circus.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
All of the above

Dragon David

First Grade
We as a club could offer the world to above average players but for some damned reason, we would still miss out in signing them. Maybe Flame Thrower is right with his reasoning.

Are we becoming a joke club to many players?

Come on Dragons management get your acts together guys and get some good deals done. We need to show others that we can do it!! If we get Brandon Smith, he will give us so much go forward. Please.....

SaintPauli

Juniors
Don’t be ridiculous..

He should feel honoured just to wear the red v..

$375k.
Totally agree about loving the Red V.
Muzby orange man, if you can get a deal like this over the line, you will suddenly become very popular on this forum! perhaps even get a mention for Dragons recruitment officer ?

goldiesaintz

Juniors
What are the odds that anyone would know what Stan Martin looked like?

You have a choice between ...............

8e5c59e2d3c72d6b5e0b857f12f2895b.jpg

Or ............

02a9446d-4735-448b-bc5f-18e19b474733-XXX_D01_MAD_ALFRED_18.JPG

Overseas dragon

Juniors
For what it's worth this is my team round one
1 Ramsey
2 Feagai
3 Lomax
4 Feagai
5 Ravalawa
6 Bud Sullivan
7 Clune
8 Vaughan
9 Hunt
10 Lawrie
11 Sims
12 Ford
13Faamausili
14 Bird
15 Alvaro
16 Ellis
17 Fuimaono

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
For what it's worth this is my team round one
1 Ramsey
2 Feagai
3 Lomax
4 Feagai
5 Ravalawa
6 Bud Sullivan
7 Clune
8 Vaughan
9 Hunt
10 Lawrie
11 Sims
12 Ford
13Faamausili
14 Bird
15 Alvaro
16 Ellis
17 Fuimaono
After seeing various things on social media, Dragons website and this forum I believe our side will be pretty close to this.
1.Dufty
2.JP
3.Feagai
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McCullough
10.Lawrie
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.McInnes
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Alvaro
17.Ellis
It’s dependant on McCullough signing and McInnes not leaving obviously.
Some points;
We are pretty weak depth wise up front.
If there was going to be one shock selection it would be Ramsey in the #1
Would not be shocked to see Wiliame start ahead of Feagai round 1.

Latest posts