What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test India v England at Chennai, Feb 5-9 2021

jim_57

Staff member
RoMyth Sharma.

Ditch this passenger.

There really are so many average openers in test cricket at the moment. Warner and Latham are probably pick of the bunch.

Not so long ago there was the likes of Hayden, Langer, Smith, Sehwag, Cook, Gibbs, Jaayasuriya, Gayle etc. Is it a case of any decent batsman wanting or being forced to bat 3-5?

TheParraboy

Staff member
There really are so many average openers in test cricket at the moment. Warner and Latham are probably pick of the bunch.

Not so long ago there was the likes of Hayden, Langer, Smith, Sehwag, Cook, Gibbs, Jaayasuriya, Gayle etc. Is it a case of any decent batsman wanting or being forced to bat 3-5?

lol

Id have Warner over a few of those blokes, Smith and Cook aside. Couple of others toss of a coin

Would take anyone of them over Latham though, maybe over Wade and Burns ;)

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
That was dead set shit test cricket.

Root must have seen me predict a draw and agrees with me :sunglasses:
Was a little surprised that India pushed for the wickets when it was clear that England weren't keen on declaring.

Guess maybe they think they are a chance to chase anything down or save a game after SCG and the Gabba

jim_57

Staff member
lol

Id have Warner over a few of those blokes, Smith and Cook aside. Couple of others toss of a coin

Would take anyone of them over Latham though, maybe over Wade and Burns ;)

An in form Warner would be middle ground of that lot for me, no other current opener I can think of would top any of them.

Gill and Pucovski look promising if they don't get bumped to the middle order.

Bazal

Post Whore
I still think England win but they've made it unnecessarily difficult for themselves.

Wickets to fall per day have been 3, 5, 8, 15? Allow for England not exactly digging in for the fight second innings, and you'd still say day five is likely to be a 12+ wicket pitch in theory.

I guess if anyone can do it it's India at home. That's why I Defs would have enforced the follow on, no way India survive two days.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ind 4/104

The resistance begins..

Kholi will be not out at days end I reckon, draw or loss

Latest posts