What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Er no..... :joy::joy:

Off the top of my head I’d put him behind McKenzie, Havili, Clarke, Telea, Jordie, Umaga-Allen, Will Jordan, Sevu Reece not to mention Beudy if they decide to start Mo’unga at 10...

then there’s some absolute superstar prospects coming through the factory production line.

NZ Rugby aren’t short of outside backs... infact thats NZ’s strength.
I get that those boys you have named are talented. No doubt about it. And I get it that it's a different game. Point taken.

But. Roger is a one in a million talent and he'll get to showcase that by being on the end of that backline and by having plays that are solely focussed on him. He doesn't get a chance to shine here because he is carrying us on his back. On top of that he is squeaky clean image-wise and has mana. There is no way he isn't walking into that All Blacks WC team.

shiznit

Coach
I get that those boys you have named are talented. No doubt about it. And I get it that it's a different game. Point taken.

But. Roger is a one in a million talent and he'll get to showcase that by being on the end of that backline and by having plays that are solely focussed on him. He doesn't get a chance to shine here because he is carrying us on his back. On top of that he is squeaky clean image-wise and has mana. There is no way he isn't walking into that All Blacks WC team.

I think you’re being arrogant to think he would just walk into the AB’s.

If you think he’s 1 in a million... the reality is he’s gonna find out he’s in a shark tank with other 1 in a million talents.. even 1 in 5 million talents...

And they have been developed in the best Rugby nursery on the planet... where Roger only spent his earlier years in that system.

I’ve seen Roger through his entire career... I personally think he can make it... he has the work ethic and attitude to make it...

but he ain’t going to walk in to a starting spot.... :joy::joy:

he will be flat out getting a starting spot in the Blues... let alone the AB’s...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Roger is at the same talent level as SBW or Brad Thorn. Neither waltzed in to the ABs but it’s wasn’t really ever in doubt that either would make it there if they wanted to.

JJ

Immortal
This one in a million is a bit silly... Just at fullback in the NRL Tedesco, Ponga, Turbo, Papenhuizen say hello, not to mention many in other positions...

NZ rugby is stacked with our elite talent... clearly RTS is elite, but or best young athletes continue to play union... The names Shiznit mentioned are those RTS has to show he’s better than, and regardless I reckon he’ll end up in the midfield

shiznit

Coach
This one in a million is a bit silly... Just at fullback in the NRL Tedesco, Ponga, Turbo, Papenhuizen say hello, not to mention many in other positions...

NZ rugby is stacked with our elite talent... clearly RTS is elite, but or best young athletes continue to play union... The names Shiznit mentioned are those RTS has to show he’s better than, and regardless I reckon he’ll end up in the midfield

here’s something I just thought about...

how will RTS’ switch affect Ponga??

He’s been rumoured to want to make that shift even more than RTS... I wonder if this will have an affect on him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

He’s been rumoured to want to make that shift even more than RTS... I wonder if this will have an affect on him.
"I was born here, went to school here. To be honest it wasn't that tough pledging my allegiance to Queensland and Australia.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tu...obrainer-for-kayln-ponga-20180127-h0p6t7.html

Why one kiwis side and not the other? Is it because one team wins everything and the other doesn't?

Not trolling, a genuine question. Wouldn't that be more of a turn off for the All Blacks?

Matua

Bench
"I was born here, went to school here. To be honest it wasn't that tough pledging my allegiance to Queensland and Australia.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tu...obrainer-for-kayln-ponga-20180127-h0p6t7.html

Why one kiwis side and not the other? Is it because one team wins everything and the other doesn't?

Not trolling, a genuine question. Wouldn't that be more of a turn off for the All Blacks?
I've always found that article weird as it tries to imply his Mum is an Aussie.

But to your point, Thorn did the same thing. But he was saying from early in his career that he always wanted to play for the ABs.

I think that if Ponga could have played for NZ and State of Origin then he'd be a Kiwi now.

JJ

Immortal

Always the Wallabies lol

shiznit

Coach
I've always found that article weird as it tries to imply his Mum is an Aussie.

But to your point, Thorn did the same thing. But he was saying from early in his career that he always wanted to play for the ABs.

I think that if Ponga could have played for NZ and State of Origin then he'd be a Kiwi now.

I mean I played both sports growing up... was in the junior rep system in both sports... played with and against future All Blacks and Kiwi’s...

I can tell you the dream for me and all my mates was to be an All Black... The higher the rep levels went the more obvious it became I wasn’t good enough to be one... but that was always the dream.

it’s not to say I wouldn’t have been proud to play for the kiwis if I was even close enough to that level... but to me being an All Black was kind of a different level... it’s like a feather in your entire family’s cap if you have an All Black in your family...

Benek

Juniors
Super sad that we've seen his last game as a Warrior, but you can't blame anyone for giving him the early release given the travel conditions.

JJ

Immortal
He was generally great for us, but TBH leaving the Chooks was among the dumbest things he's ever done

Matua

Bench
He was generally great for us, but TBH leaving the Chooks was among the dumbest things he's ever done
I don't know if that's true, he got his premiership ring and then got to go home and captain his home club.

I'd rather be trying to win for the Warriors than continuing to play for the Roosters.

Anyway, I think it's the right decision to release him, Auckland NPC will be happy, plus it was just getting annoying seeing him plonked on the wing.

Latest posts