What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Reflector

Juniors
Darren Treacy getting chicken at the Greek take away place off King Street mall in Rockdale. I think he might be a local.

Sam McKendry with his family in the line behind me at Big W Narellan. Was wearing my Panthers cap but being the socially awkward person I am I tried my best to avoid eye contact as I am sure he just wanted to be left in peace and didn't want to some fan boy harassing him.

If you makee eye contact with them, a friendly nod is all you need. They'll knows you recognise them, and will respect the fact you don't act like a fan-boy. Even moreso if you clearly support the team he plays for.

Cowsboy

Juniors
A few years back on a work trip to Cairns, wood-fired pizza and beverages at the Rattle n Hum on the Esplanade, and Matty Bowen walks past so I just raised my beer and drained it. My favourite player.
Same trip, completely unrelated, saw Sam Backo staying at Loyalty Beach in Cape York - shared the kettle as we both made our cuppa in the morning.

Bazal

Post Whore
Corey Horsburgh riding an E scooter along Bunda St.

Probably a surprisingly intelligent decision in light of recent events

Just saw Seibold in a cafe in McMahons Point.
Thought I heard Lockyer coming out the door with that gravelly voice, turned out to be Seibold.

They all sound the same.

mongoose

Coach
Saw Nathan Brown earlier in the season in Southbank...was on a saturday and warriors were playing on sunday at redcliffe. I told him "good luck tomorrow" - i think they lost lol

Wb1234

Referee
Nathan blackock taking a wizz next to me at the urinal at some club in fox studios when he was playing union. Some weirdo was telling him he should go back to league whilst he was wizzing

k.hunt at the old mooseheads way back. I was telling him what a good player he was and his friends getting mad he was hanging with us too long

Paul Gallen at sapphire was so cool. Tried to fix me up with his hot ex but she wasn’t interested. Told him he took a dive against the dragons and milked a penalty to win and he laughed. Said he hated the dragons to which I replied next time you are at kogarah look in the crowd I’ll be giving you the finger.

absolute champion guy

kdalymc

Bench
Walked past Jayden Campbell at Harbour town on the weekend some other 30 year old blokes were behind me going oMg wAs tHaT CaMpBeLl

Pippen94

First Grade
Ex nine commentator tried to push in front of me at local IGA when new checkout opened.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
*Guess who, don't sue*

Saw a recently retired NRL player leaving a brothel in South-West Sydney. I was walking by and went to tie my shoe when I looked up and saw him.

MKCS

Juniors
I grew up living next door to a well known Dragons players parents, I was waiting for my mum to take me to school one day and a massively hungover Trent Barrett emerged from the house, gave me a wave (I guess he noticed me staring) and got into a cab out the front.

Saw Amos Roberts there once as well (Different day) but if he was hungover he hid it much better than Barrett did...

Latest posts