What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Napa discounted would be ok i guess if they think we can cover the halves without Burton. I would be using him in a limited role though, maybe start him and let him tackle for 20 minutes then bring on Spencer or Leota and let one of them play more minutes off the bench.

WestyLife

First Grade

Blade23

Juniors
I left Taree in the mid 1970's. Saxbys creaming soda is the VERY BEST EVER. I follded a team called TAREE OLD BAR SURF LIFESAVING CLUB. They wore the same colours as the Roosters do. But instead of a rooster on the chest it had a suf reel.

According to my Dad if you signed for the club in the 40's and 50's you were expected to take your place at the surf reel at Old Bar Beach. It was a way of keeping fit in summer.

Sadly the club folded in the 90's. The Old Bar Pirates (whom Cordner played as a junior for) is the off shute of this. But sadly they llost all that wonderful history.

Taree has changed so much since I was a kid, then it was a railway town. That has all but gone now.

Watching an under 18's game at Taree during the early 70's. My older brother pointed out a rather large gentleman who was yelling instructions to the under 18 players. He told me he was Harry Wells the Australin centre.

Getting back to now. Reports have just come out saying we wanted Napa for Burton is that correct ?

They have offered Napa, we didn't specifically name him. All the club is doing is listening to any offer at the moment.
We hold the most important card.

Sime_11

Juniors
i dont mind Napa but hold firm and dont release Burton,

it will be inevitable that Romey or Clez go down injured at some point this season - Burton will get game time for sure in a Panther jersey - gaining Napa wont cover the cost of losing Burton.

im also fearful if we lose Burton - Romey/Clez wont feel the pressure of keeping their starting spot with Burton itching to get in, I think that has been very understated in 2020 and hence why we saw Romey/Clez have an outstanding 2020 season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They have offered Napa, we didn't specifically name him. All the club is doing is listening to any offer at the moment.
We hold the most important card.

Penrith are holding a 'royal flush' I have no idea what it means other than it's a bloody good hand.

I would imagine IF he came across we would need some of his frieght paid (as he's on huge money)

As a long term Fan and member its so good to see Penrith playing with the big boys regarding the backroom stuff.

I believe Penrith got a good deal with MOM, and as long as Penrith hold their nerve the same will happen here.

betcats

Referee
Napa in a contract year might have something to prove. If Burton really wants out I think we could do worse. I wouldnt re-sign Napa though, use him as a bench prop for a year and hope he lifts. Anyway he is stupid though and i dont like stupid very much.

Bob

Juniors
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/43dc1c1aa3f787621624a8cf1abbcd7c

Twist in Matt Burton battle as Bulldogs reject Dylan Napa trade deal

Comment from reddit which was gold:

Tbaz: "plz gib Burton now"

Panthers: "Ok but only if we do a player-swap"

Tbaz: "No take only give"

Agent and Journos: "the Panthers are literally ruining the game by not just giving away talent for nothing in return"
You just have to look at the arse clown who wrote the article, Paul "The Dick Head" Crawley

Bob

Juniors
Napa in a contract year might have something to prove. If Burton really wants out I think we could do worse. I wouldnt re-sign Napa though, use him as a bench prop for a year and hope he lifts. Anyway he is stupid though and i dont like stupid very much.
If Burton really wants out and starts kicking stones at training get him an Uber and send it to The Kingsway and introduce him to Shane Elford, (St.Marys RM Coach)

betcats

Referee
If Burton really wants out and starts kicking stones at training get him an Uber and send it to The Kingsway and introduce him to Shane Elford, (St.Marys RM Coach)

If it comes to that id rather use him to improve the squad in another area tbh.

Bob

Juniors
If it comes to that id rather use him to improve the squad in another area tbh.
I'd like him to improve the squad as well if he is totally committed, but if he's being pressured by either his agent or Barrett then nope, send him to CC or RM Cup

betcats

Referee
I'd like him to improve the squad as well if he is totally committed, but if he's being pressured by either his agent or Barrett then nope, send him to CC or RM Cup

What i mean is if the situation breaks down to the point we need to send him to RM cup we are better off getting someone we can actually use in a trade. I wouldnt trust him to play FG again for us if it got to that point even if we needed him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Napa? I'd rather get herpes
Big Papi can probably help you with that.

Not a fan of him either. Dont think he would improve our squad at all. Getting a former tough man after releasing a future one in Hetherington just seems silly.

Bulldogs really don't have anyone worth trading for. They would gain more than us. Rather keep Burton tbh. Whether we use him or not. Having a half of his quality ready to go if we lost Cleary or Luai is more valuable than any of theirplayers would be

Latest posts