What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

So U keep saying...but Laurie may be useless for us when he arrives coz he’s not nrl tested ....I’m happy he’s here, but if u can’t let a league fan have that point of view in peace - which is reasonable, and he may be right, regardless of what we need desperately or who wants to leave - then imo you’re just looking for an argument...and for now it’s a bullshit argument (it’s like arguing that you should gamble because you need the money) and hence for me will be irritating to watch and pointless . Don’t you think?
What?

The Rosco

Bench
I can see the news paper headlines already Mac....Tigers player out for 8 weeks with ruptured testicles.

I hate seeing players do those big dives.....too risky!!!!
Yep TT. All he has to do is get rid of the stupid union/Vunivalu dives.
f**k, he's quick !!!
Dare we get excited about him and the jet ?
We missed out on JAC, now we got 2 of them.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m not sure when that started but I’ll say it’s good WT learnt /got something positive out of the Mitchell debacle ...I’m sure they wouldn’t want to go through that again..maybe Mitchell wouldn’t have been a good fit then anyway. The important thing is next time around when the time is right we maximise our chances and maybe get lucky.
Although I think we already have with Roberts

Vozzy

Juniors
Laurie is definitely worth the risk. Even if it takes a season to get him to where Madge sees him. We could though keep playing an experienced player on 950k to run the ball back 5m and never support the ball carrier whose best games were with another club or bring in someone untested but looks exciting with potential he may even bring the enthusiasm to the team which has been lacking since Marshall was young. It's no different then signing any young player or promoting someone from your own juniors.

Yep TT. All he has to do is get rid of the stupid union/Vunivalu dives.
f**k, he's quick !!!
Dare we get excited about him and the jet ?
We missed out on JAC, now we got 2 of them.
I have wondered who was going to support the Jet, Rosco.

You watch some games and just know when the ball gets to some outside backs in their own 20 it's 'look out time'. Tigers haven't had that since, maybe Larry Corowa?

Now there's some genuine speed. Only hope that the other backs have done plenty of sprint training in the silly season.

That momo thinks he won’t get a first grade berth with Roberts and BJ in the squad tells us a lot about where he thinks the squad is at.

Not a sign of anything less than being ready, willing and able.

And he has much more insight and knowledge into how these lads are going than anyone on this forum.

I wouldnt mind trying to sign him next year for trading or on selling purchasing purposes. He’s been a rock solid investment.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s being reported (on Instagram) that Musgrove has been called into the Maori All Star team.

Bunnies have some work to do in relation to retaining Reynolds.

I’d be surprised if we haven’t checked on his welfare if the Brooks experiment ( ie giving him decent forwards for once in his life) goes wrong.

Madge and Renno are close mates and Harto would know he can use that relationship.

He should stay at Souths but he deserves something decent. Gags or Latrell to be offloaded.

Bunnies have some work to do in relation to retaining Reynolds.

I’d be surprised if we haven’t checked on his welfare if the Brooks experiment ( ie giving him decent forwards for once in his life) goes wrong.

Madge and Renno are close mates and Harto would know he can use that relationship.

He should stay at Souths but he deserves something decent. Gags or Latrell to be offloaded.
They want Latrell for 3 or 4 years, money all agreed. He only wants a two year contract -he’ll sign eventually. Gags would be my tip as to who is surplus to requirements.

They want Latrell for 3 or 4 years, money all agreed. He only wants a two year contract -he’ll sign eventually. Gags would be my tip as to who is surplus to requirements.

LMs been out injured for awhile. He’s grossly overweight and all that, you’d think he show some respect for the bunnies, although he signed on for beer money.

I thought gags had been on the player car lot for ages. Clubs come to inspect him and there’s a broken windscreen wiper or the tire in the boot is flat etc. Always a reason.

But an auction to throw money at Renno and a reserve is a good idea for the rabbits.

I love my brooksy but if we have the go forward this year and he’s not following on, the Adam Reynolds is a solution very few of us could challenge for want of footy excellence. Luke needs to run forward. He doesn’t want to end up like Hunt.

We could do a player trade plus some of our cash.

He knows dougie and everything about his improving game. He’d arrive “ready to play”

He’s a game legend, tough as nails, but he might be ready to move on.

I think anything less than $750 and a wholesome tpa package would be an insult. 2-3 years.

Last edited:

When the catweasel was being unkind with you and you were going to meet him at the aquarium to discuss your differences.

I stepped in to assist.

We don’t want any real life aggro stemming from LU. It’s not who we are. It’s not on. Less than Zero tolerance.

I had your back.

And for the lads here, it’s up to all of us to report and make sure this sad stuff doesn’t get out of hand.

Not that I have any personal issue with the cat weasel. But two friends in argument is always a bad idea.

Brother Stryker is in qld so it’s going to take his post an hour to arrive.

Last edited:
Things are looking promising with the new talent coming to the club, but I’m not going to lose sleep if these young blokes don’t turn out to be superstars ,as they probably are not breaking the bank,Mbye however, seems a nice guy but it just brings tears to my eyes when I see the amount of coin he is on for an average player.

WA Tiger

Bench
I had, sorry if I didn’t mention it. The funniest thing was that “argument” was the most liked comment I have ever had.
That is funny

And still know one knows if Laurie is likely to succeed in the NRL...like I said I don’t mind him coming to WT.. At least it gives us a chance of improving..For the people that do mind losing Momo for Laurie tho, because he’s unproven, your argument means nothing, and trying to push it on them even repeating it over and over, will still hit a brick wall.....obviously. Too much drama

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
When the catweasel was being unkind with you and you were going to meet him at the aquarium to discuss your differences.

I stepped in to assist.

We don’t want any real life aggro stemming from LU. It’s not who we are. It’s not on. Less than Zero tolerance.

I had your back.

And for the lads here, it’s up to all of us to report and make sure this sad stuff doesn’t get out of hand.

Not that I have any personal issue with the cat weasel. But two friends in argument is always a bad idea.

Brother Stryker is in qld so it’s going to take his post an hour to arrive.
Lol thanks

Latest posts