What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
On the official forum I saw someone put a video from souths training last week and commented on how a lot of their players look to be carrying a bit of extra weight from the Christmas break still and then compared it to our guys when everyone is looking fit and ripped. Looking at Bj and Jet the difference is insane compared to 12 months ago

Mate have you seen Latrell? he looks like hes eaten wayne bennett.

Although Physique doesn't exactly translate to winning football games, it tells you who is dedicated and who is a lazy f**k

Vozzy

Juniors
Who do you guys think should start at lock? I guess lock now days isn't what it was a lot of teams use a back rower with foot work. I personally would like to see Joe Off if we don't sign anyone. I think Twal is great as an out and out prop.

Starting pack and bench for me:
8: Twal
9: Liddle
10: Tamou
11: Garner
12: LL
13: Joe
14: Mbye (Simpkins if injury in team)
15: Musgrove
16: Blore
17: Stephano

Garner to me is on a last chance needs to be not soft in defence this year. If not Blore will take his spot but he is good impact of bench for now. Garner/Mikaele are playing for careers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Who do you guys think should start at lock? I guess lock now days isn't what it was a lot of teams use a back rower with foot work. I personally would like to see Joe Off if we don't sign anyone. I think Twal is great as an out and out prop.

Garner to me is on a last chance needs to be not soft in defence this year. If not Blore will take his spot but he is good impact of bench for now. Garner/Mikaele are playing for careers.

that’s exactly the pack I want

apparently Joe O was signed as a lock and as you say Twal played his best footy at prop

The POM was saying something like 13 will be our best defender, so Twal?

stryker

First Grade
I want a ball playing, defensively sound and upwardly mobile lock.
Not a third prop.
Is this something young Blore could do? I haven’t seen enough of him to judge.
Maybe CheeKam?

Rumble in the jungle: Wests Tigers duo Luciano Leilua and Jacob Liddle in training ground bust-up

Wests Tigers duo Luciano Leilua and Jacob Liddle were involved in a heated altercation and had to be separated at training last week at Concord.

Foxsports.com.au understands that tensions flared between the Tigers teammates when 114kg back-rower Leilua took exception to Liddle’s passing out of dummy-half.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/4ddb472fc893cc6b5162fa6b602f3a35

Good to see some agro at training, good to see Liddle standing up to a much bigger guy.
So hopefully Liddle can work on his passing ? Or perhaps Leilua on his handling ?

gordsy

Juniors
Two things bother me re our club the fact that these training incidents make the papers, something like this leaked last year.

Momo's remarks re the no bullshit re training at Penrith. I know he's left but it seemed to be clean and his sentiments seem to add up given the pussy like whinging about training standards last year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/4ddb472fc893cc6b5162fa6b602f3a35

Good to see some agro at training, good to see Liddle standing up to a much bigger guy.
So hopefully Liddle can work on his passing ? Or perhaps Leilua on his handling ?

100%

Standards are high if a bad pass or two in training results in an ambulance having to be called.

I guess our idea of team bonding is breaking a hookers arm!

You gotta respect that and the fact that the rest of the boys barely raise an eyebrow afterwards and take it in their stride. All friends now anyway.

Coaches dream to see this dedication.

Im afraid our squad is as mad and chaotic as a cut snake. Good stuff.

I’m sure Momo has caught up with the Huth and both pleased to be out of the cauldron. Pissing on us no doubt. Boo hoo.

Young Laurie would be really loving the passion. Put some fear and fire into him. Belt the smug out him I say.

Welcome to Tigers Daine, remember your training and you will live through it.

Big wraps on Stefano. He’s also on the learning curve socially. I remember he thought the first week of pre season was tough lol. Poor kid is probably shell shocked. To his eternal credit, he wanted out of the eels last year to join us.

As the team settles in, I’m beginning to see a bit more respect for us from the media. Bout time.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Two things bother me re our club the fact that these training incidents make the papers, something like this leaked last year.

Momo's remarks re the no bullshit re training at Penrith. I know he's left but it seemed to be clean and his sentiments seem to add up given the pussy like whinging about training standards last year.
I think if you look for faults, you can find them. They are a group of (at least) 30 athletes expected to put there bodies on the line, I would think there are bound to be an issue or two surface.
As for the training, well it's the way the coach does it, right or wrong, but our blokes do look fit?

gordsy

Juniors
Like I said it's not the flare up I don't like , it's the leaking to the press. Things like this happen at every club but the only other club I've heard about it happening at is the Broncos. You don't hear about this happening at the Storm or Roosters.

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Like I said it's not the flare up I don't like , it's the leaking to the press. Things like this happen at every club but the only other club I've heard about it happening at is the Broncos. You don't hear about this happening at the Storm or Roosters.

It wouldn't be leaking, they've been in Tamworth holding open training sessions. There would have been press there.