What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
Ehh, it's taken him awhile to come good. These things are partly just luck regarding who picks up those kinda guys maturing at the right time. The Sharks picking him up is different from say the Raiders sticking with Wighton through the times when he was shit.

Besides we can't keep a guy like that and Kikau for long. One of our second rowers needs to be a bit more workman like instead of having the most flashy highlights real. That'd cost too much to have both our second rowers like that.

He was in our 21 man squad a few times, so wasn't that far off when he was with us. Was also only 12 - 18 months into playing backrow as well, so was only going to improve. You're never going to get them all right but I think we get caught up with our juniors sometime & overlook others eg. Talakai, Sele.

The_Frog

First Grade
You can not renege anymore. Both sides must now agree to terminate the contract, which of course The Dogs never will. How does Canterbury have so much money, they just can’t stop spending!
He wanted to be a regular first grade 5/8, he will get that wish next year, and on a fat salary to boot. Unfortunately, he's likely to have to operate behind a pack of forwards that are beaten most games, in a club that is renowned for its instability.

panthersam

Juniors
He was in our 21 man squad a few times, so wasn't that far off when he was with us. Was also only 12 - 18 months into playing backrow as well, so was only going to improve. You're never going to get them all right but I think we get caught up with our juniors sometime & overlook others eg. Talakai, Sele.

Sele has benefited and improved since the change of rules in the game, didn’t show anything too special when he did play for us. I don’t think either of those players would be huge upgrades (if upgrades at all) to what we currently still have in the squad.

franklin2323

Immortal

Talakai was St Marys contracted. He was in AA and other off field stuff at the time. Great he got over it and is going well

The_Frog

First Grade
Reading the Bulldogs Kennel forum, their fans just don't get it. The Panthers are in a premiership window. We could easily lose one or both halves at some stage this season. Unless the Bulldogs can come up with the right "consideration" that makes it in our interests, why would we release Burton, who we have scouted and developed and who is under contract to us, just to give his agent an early payday?

Jane Murray

Bench
I regularly have to be up at 3am for a 4am start. My usual start is 6am, but if i do overtime I start early so I can still finish at 2 and pick the kids up from school.

The hours dont seem that crazy when you've been doing it for a while.
I am deep in sleep at that time. I suppose it would be handy in your situation. My children are adults now.

Sime_11

Juniors
hypothetical question here - should Baz flop at the Dogs and Laundry sacks him, would we take him back as an Assistant? considering the multiple players he's tried to poach this off season, would we ever welcome him back?

WestyLife

First Grade
Reading the Bulldogs Kennel forum, their fans just don't get it. The Panthers are in a premiership window. We could easily lose one or both halves at some stage this season. Unless the Bulldogs can come up with the right "consideration" that makes it in our interests, why would we release Burton, who we have scouted and developed and who is under contract to us, just to give his agent an early payday?

They want him to throw games and makes things unbearable here.

Smug Panther

First Grade
hypothetical question here - should Baz flop at the Dogs and Laundry sacks him, would we take him back as an Assistant? considering the multiple players he's tried to poach this off season, would we ever welcome him back?
Targeted no one in our top 17 or under contract so he's fine with me if our board thinks he's the man for the job

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I’d have him back, I don’t think he’s done much wrong. He’s a decent coach, so why not.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Gee those dislickers are getting desperate.

Penrith Board to dogs board. 'we want Napa, Jack Hetherington's freight paid for 2021, Baz's first born and some flowers thanks'

I think the Penrith board know they have dogs board in a corner (throwing haymakers) Penrith aren't just after a good deal, they want a great one.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am deep in sleep at that time. I suppose it would be handy in your situation. My children are adults now.
Monday to friday i frequently get up between 3am and 4am. Friday night / saturday night I'll regularly be going to bed around that time. Well i guess its saturday and sunday morning.

Only way to get any extra time to myself is robbing myself of a bit of sleep over the weekends.

My kids have started Year 2 and 3 this year. Long way off being adults yet. But hey their old man is no closer to being an adult than they are.

Blade23

Juniors
Is this the NRL versions of the 12 days of Christmas.

Never mind that this pub barron went and spoke to Burton's family in the country before he was actually entitled to do..........Hmmmmmmm

He did the same to Staine's family. They didn't buy into his bullshit of the glory years of Bulldogs of the past and how he was going to get the good ole days back.

Latest posts