What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

panthersam

Juniors
Is he even that good? I know there's wraps on him but he looked plod last year.

Definitely don’t think he will be close to being the ‘best prop in the world’ like he has already been labelled but I’m sure he will improve with a full Australian pre season. I’d say he is also definitely the best out of that Dogs forward pack too. He was a mixed bag when he played last season but you are right to me he seemed more on the average side of things.

Jane Murray

Bench
Three players left this season, and five players have re-signed. I hope that the cap space is in order, so we will be cap compliant when the auditors come looking. I have no doubt that will be the case.

Fangs

Coach
Is he even that good? I know there's wraps on him but he looked plod last year.

As panthersam said he is the best of their pack. A better player than what he showed last year I think (Just based on some footage I've seen from his work in the ESL).

He would also form part of a forward 'pack'...something the Bulldogs have lacked for quite some time.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow just had a quick read over at The Kennel. Never seen a more delusional supporter group. The entitlement is f**king ridiculous.

Poor @WestyLife is trying to be a voice of reason. But the idiots are numbering up arguing against the facts.

You released Mansour. You HAVE to release Burton. Tigers let Ivan go early... You HAVE to release Burton etc. Thought about signing up. But they're so stupid they can't see why they're wrong.

Edit
They must also forget they signed Des Hasler under similar circumstances to us with Ivan. Short memories

Whino

Bench
I bet Laundry doesn't let people out if contracts in his multimillion dollar business.
If he does, I bet he gets his pound of fle$h.

Whino

Bench
Wow just had a quick read over at The Kennel. Never seen a more delusional supporter group. The entitlement is f**king ridiculous.

Poor @WestyLife is trying to be a voice of reason. But the idiots are numbering up arguing against the facts.

You released Mansour. You HAVE to release Burton. Tigers let Ivan go early... You HAVE to release Burton etc. Thought about signing up. But they're so stupid they can't see why they're wrong.

Their brain dead. A few of them think Burton is the missing piece to a top 4 roster :)

WestyLife

First Grade

Edit
They must also forget they signed Des Hasler under similar circumstances to us with Ivan. Short memories

Pretty much. This idea Panthers are spiteful and hurting Burton is an attempt at emotionally manipulating the situation so people don't look at the facts.

1. Burton signed the contract.

2. If he does a deal just like every other person in the nrl he will go there this year.

3. They won't get a 50/50 deal because it's us with the player they want early BUT they'll get him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Their brain dead. A few of them think Burton is the missing piece to a top 4 roster :)
Without doubt.

They cant even understand the salary cap forced us to cut the likes of Mansour and Whare, stopped us keeping Tamou etc.

To keep our juniors we had to cut players on bigger contracts. They think mininum wage Burton and $500k Mansour are the same thing.

We can save money letting Josh move on. We move Burton on and we pay same figure to an inferior player.

Theyre a big reason we had to cut players throwing insane overs at all our players too. Pretty sure we would have happily kept the same roster on same contracts if we could.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Pretty much. This idea Panthers are spiteful and hurting Burton is an attempt at emotionally manipulating the situation so people don't look at the facts.

1. Burton signed the contract.

2. If he does a deal just like every other person in the nrl he will go there this year.

3. They won't get a 50/50 deal because it's us with the player they want early BUT they'll get him.
Some club must have a spare quality prop and needs a 5/8th couldn’t Penrith offer Burton to them for the year.

WestyLife

First Grade
Some club must have a spare quality prop and needs a 5/8th couldn’t Penrith offer Burton to them for the year.

I'd say we get a prop and they can have Burton. His manager should be sourcing the comp and other managers to get something happening. It's their best move by far.

Jane Murray

Bench
Laundry is getting involved, and is attempting, to use blackmail to force our hand? If a player, under contract, wanted out of the Bulldogs, no doubt he would expect some compensation, and this situation is not any different.

I can not remember a sponsor so actively involved in player retention and recruiting. Matt's development will suffer going to the Bulldogs, and, hopefully, he has a clause which will allow him to leave when Barrett gets the sack, I am doubtful he does.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Edit

I think the poor bloke needs a medal.

Latest posts