What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CDF where art thou?

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
This season promises to be as shit as any in our history.

I think we need a season preview.

Pascoe makes Noyce look a genius.

We have lost Ronald who is selling real estate ion Campbelltown with Junior Burger and throwing in free Wokka noodles with every 3 bedder bought in Aids I mean Airds.

The weatherman has ensured the jerseys contain barely any orange.

We play home games against Parramatta in Parramatta and a home game in Tamworth.

We have the garbage Luke Brooks whose kicking game makes Prince's of 06 look like Ricky Stuart of 94.

The right edge defence is still garbage and we have Moses Mmmbop as our utility player on 850k who is shit in whichever position he plays.

We haven't made the finals for 10 years.

Give me some hope that we can at least make the top half of the bottom half.

Tiger05

First Grade
We have a forward pack that isn't full of plodders.

8. Zane Musgrove
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Alex Twal

14. Joe Ofahengaue
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Sean Blore
17. Jake Simpkins

These guys potentially miss out on making the top team:- Thomas Mikaele, Russel Packer & Michael Chee Kam. These guys aren't bad players. Packer is probably our top paid forward. Mikaele might make the team. Chee-Kam has a good running game.

If Blore comes good he could take the 13 or 12 spot and that would improve us a fair bit. That pack should be competitive this year

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
We have a much improved looking backline:-

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. James Roberts
4. BJ Leilua
5. Asu Kepaoa

6. Adam Doueihi - Madden for first week
7. Luke Brooks

Talau and Momo are missing out and they both are decent. AD and Brooks can both score points. Mbye when he first came here was good at fullback apart from the dropped balls. Those centre/winger combos are all going to be able to score points.

The spine has plenty of pace and ability. They all have flaws but if you are looking for positives if they fire we will have a good season.

I see us having a team that should be at the bottom of the ladder but we aren't plodder like anymore. We have speed and power in the team.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

8. Zane Musgrove
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Alex Twal

14. Joe Ofahengaue
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Sean Blore
17. Jake Simpkins

These guys potentially miss out on making the top team:- Thomas Mikaele, Russel Packer & Michael Chee Kam. These guys aren't bad players. Packer is probably our top paid forward. Mikaele might make the team. Chee-Kam has a good running game.

If Blore comes good he could take the 13 or 12 spot and that would improve us a fair bit. That pack should be competitive this year

Depending on how Garner goes I think Blore is tipped to take his spot full time, it really is make or break year for Garner

macnaz

Staff member
CDF has landed a suply contract with heavy weights Hills Science Diet ive heard ? Im sure he is extremely busy but a jersey sponsor may be in the pipeline with his new found success:thumbsup:

BrotherJim05

Bench

8. Zane Musgrove
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Alex Twal

14. Joe Ofahengaue
15. Stefano Utoikamanu
16. Sean Blore
17. Jake Simpkins

I think our forward pack is severely underrated. There are some huge bodies in this pack and a lot of emerging talent to keep up the energy. Then we've finally got a fkn leader in the pack in Tamou, which we have been sorely lacking for a while. I don't know why Garner was moved to right side. He was killing it with Brooks on the left, then they moved him to right and he lost a lot of form? I hope he can get back to his best as he is a pretty good ball runner when he is on.

We have a much improved looking backline:-

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. James Roberts
4. BJ Leilua
5. Asu Kepaoa

6. Adam Doueihi - Madden for first week
7. Luke Brooks

Talau and Momo are missing out and they both are decent. AD and Brooks can both score points. Mbye when he first came here was good at fullback apart from the dropped balls. Those centre/winger combos are all going to be able to score points.

This is where I think our glaring issues are. A lot of questions in this backline that are yet to be answered. It's basically make or break for everyone apart from Nofo in that backline if they don't perform: Mbye and Brooks will get the tap, Jimmy and BJ won't get a new contract, Kepaoa and AD could easily be pushed to reserves....it all puts a lot of pressure on this backline to score off the back of what I think will be excellent go-forward from our pack.

Despite the backline issues, I have a feeling Jimmy and Nofo are going to form a very deadly combination and the two of them will cement a right edge combination we've been lacking for a long long time

gordsy

Juniors
I remember CDF and his mate MOTH. I am still sad they left, especially when you considers some of the dick heads we left stay on this forum. *cough Rhyno* cough

Vozzy

Juniors
Unfortunately Pistol Pete we probably will miss the 8 again but having 9 years of poor management from the top/and inconsistent coaching it's going to take a lot more then 2 seasons with Madge to turn it around. I think the tigers as a whole are learning from past mistakes. This season we have a mix now of experience and youth. Also there is a centre of excellence being built which will attract young juniors. It's not so much about 2021 (even though as fans we are sick of watching finals without us in it ever) it's about the next 5 years. I feel like the tigers are at the stage we were around 2004 with young players with potential. It's not so much about signing the JAC to me it's more about keeping the next JAC from leaving. Our forward pack has size and mobility now. Although Brooks hasn't ever reached his potential ceiling he will need to be at his best because Madden will be eyeing his spot plus there are big raps on another younger halfback Mikey Tannous. I think we have the right coach to change the club from not being soft then once we get rid of the dead weight that's holding Madge back I think we will be trending upwards. This year I'm going in with no expectations but at the same time the side looks exciting and fresh and should play a good brand of football .

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I used to like this time of year because I’d be pumped for the footy season,

truth be told I’m more excited that MAFS starts soon.

super_coach

First Grade
Will be seeing CDF tomorrow. He told me a few months ago that he had hung the can opener up and was not going to give the Tigers a preview for 2021. I might try and twist his arm, so much material to take the Mickey out of.

As for me, two months ago I would have been saying spoon, now I really think we might give the eight a shake, but a lot will depend on how Jimmy the Jet and BJ go. Consistent is not a word that you associate with either of them. My only concern is...has Madge put together a squad that is not in tune with the new rules.

Anyway Iam never positive when it comes to the Tigers, but I am feeling things are on the change.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
He needs to come out of retirement Jason Moodie style. Get off the durrys at Ashfield RSL and have him run the ball up with a bit of Jason Cayless starch.

Will be seeing CDF tomorrow. He told me a few months ago that he had hung the can opener up and was not going to give the Tigers a preview for 2021. I might try and twist his arm, so much material to take the Mickey out of.

As for me, two months ago I would have been saying spoon, now I really think we might give the eight a shake, but a lot will depend on how Jimmy the Jet and BJ go. Consistent is not a word that you associate with either of them. My only concern is...has Madge put together a squad that is not in tune with the new rules.

Anyway Iam never positive when it comes to the Tigers, but I am feeling things are on the change.

Latest posts