What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Latu is very lazy. There were a couple of incidents during his time here. He missed a few training sessions and coasted at times.
Very skillful for a big man but doesn't do the hard yards. Not the kind you want around young players.
I think he has run his race.
In an interview Latu once he was about to join the army before Penrith picked him up. I don't think he would have been a fan.

BxTom

Bench
The Australian (Paul Crawley) is reported Yeo has re-signed for 3 years till 2024. (I don't have a subscription so I can't print it out)

Good news.

Penrith are on the verge of announcing the first of three key signings after co-captain Isaah Yeo agreed a new deal to stay at the Panthers until the end of 2024.

The retention of Yeo, who will share the captaincy with Nathan Cleary this season, is expected to be quickly followed by confirmation that half Jarome Luai and centre Stephen Crichton are staying beyond this season.

Yeo was off contract at the end of 2021 and was one of the most prized signatures on the open market after making his State of Origin debut last season.

Penrith managed to fend off interest from elsewhere to retain a player who never wanted to leave and whose value is often underestimated by others, although not his teammates and coaches.

While he may not be the most spectacular footballer on the planet, Yeo is very much the heart and soul of the Panthers.

Once his signature is confirmed, potentially before the weekend, Penrith are expected to begin putting the finishing touches on negotiations with Luai and Crichton.

It is understood Luai’s deal has been agreed and it is only a matter of structuring the payments over coming seasons.

Talks with Crichton have been protracted and painstaking – the Panthers thought they had a deal in place but were forced to return to the negotiating table when he sought out a new agent.

However, he too is expected to stay as the Panthers retain the bulk of the side that led the club to last year’s grand final.

hindy111

Post Whore
Barrett wants Burton now so he can build combos. Last thing he needs is a poor year in year 2. This year he can play the first season rebuild card.
Next season the Fox and Burton coming they need to be in the top 8 or very close. Last thing he needs is to finish poorly next season. It means he only has one more year on Burton who's 3rd year is in his favour. Plays well and the guy could get million dollar offers and walk.

Interesting to see how they go. Cotrics a good player. JAC I reckons overated a little and just in a great side.
Flanagan looks more like an average halfback then a great on and Burton is been hailed a superstar. But I've seen this all before. D.Brown,Moses,Brooks,A.Taylor to name a few.

maple_69

Bench
Have you gone cold on Brown? I’ve thought he looks bloody good for a 20 year old half pretty much every game.

I’d be more convinced by their rebuild if the organisation wasn’t such a shambles. I don’t think they have the pack to make the 8 even next year. Pretty good backline and halves yeah but only 4 good forwards. Not what you want 2 rookie halves playing behind. If you could back Dogs management to be patient like Penrith, Newcastle and Canberra have been, and they can make some astute forward signings, maybe 2023 they are a top 8 side.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith are on the verge of announcing the first of three key signings after co-captain Isaah Yeo agreed a new deal to stay at the Panthers until the end of 2024.

The retention of Yeo, who will share the captaincy with Nathan Cleary this season, is expected to be quickly followed by confirmation that half Jarome Luai and centre Stephen Crichton are staying beyond this season.

Yeo was off contract at the end of 2021 and was one of the most prized signatures on the open market after making his State of Origin debut last season.

Penrith managed to fend off interest from elsewhere to retain a player who never wanted to leave and whose value is often underestimated by others, although not his teammates and coaches.

While he may not be the most spectacular footballer on the planet, Yeo is very much the heart and soul of the Panthers.

Once his signature is confirmed, potentially before the weekend, Penrith are expected to begin putting the finishing touches on negotiations with Luai and Crichton.

It is understood Luai’s deal has been agreed and it is only a matter of structuring the payments over coming seasons.

Talks with Crichton have been protracted and painstaking – the Panthers thought they had a deal in place but were forced to return to the negotiating table when he sought out a new agent.

However, he too is expected to stay as the Panthers retain the bulk of the side that led the club to last year’s grand final.

Thanks so very much Tom. I appreciate you sharing this.

Sime_11

Juniors
Have you gone cold on Brown? I’ve thought he looks bloody good for a 20 year old half pretty much every game.

surely Parra are building around Brown instead of flat track Moses? if you want alot of Parra's first half of 2020, it was Brown & Gutho making the plays.... no idea why Moses gets the praises he gets.....

good way to start the weekend would be our Media team hyping a video of Yeo, Luai & Chrichton all extending with Penrith :p

Hooked

Juniors
You can see the forum without signing up. They definitely didn't appreciate Brandy saying that.

I went on a few days ago and saw the majority of them carrying on. Anyone would think they were under privileged and the club didn't have a half in their squad.
I am not interested in a bunch of cry babies and their abusive comments to us. I haven't bothered since. I don't mind a rational argument where both sides see each others points. No chance on there.
I saw you on there. Brave man to venture into the lair.

WestyLife

First Grade
I went on a few days ago and saw the majority of them carrying on. Anyone would think they were under privileged and the club didn't have a half in their squad.
I am not interested in a bunch of cry babies and their abusive comments to us. I haven't bothered since. I don't mind a rational argument where both sides see each others points. No chance on there.
I saw you on there. Brave man to venture into the lair.

I'm enjoying it. It's fascinating to see the reactions around everything. Some reasonable people and some not so like everywhere.

Weird when they insult us and say how shit we are but want our players though.