What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

possm

Coach
Would not expect for anyone to get compensation.
We still have to pay him for the year.
Next season, the Sharks get him as per contract.
Isn't there insurance for circumstances like this? Surely players should be overed by an insurance policy and clubs exempt from salary cap for that which is paid by insurance.

Gareth67

First Grade
Would not expect for anyone to get compensation.
We still have to pay him for the year.
Next season, the Sharks get him as per contract.

Bad luck for Cam , wish the man a speedy recovery.

I believe that the Dragons should be able to successfully claim some form of compensation from the NRL . The man is still registered with the Dragons for 2021 - regardless of the if’s and maybe’s to an early move to the Sharks this season .

Anyway I am sure that the Joint Venture only need to put a claim forward to the governing body for salary cap relief as did the Rorters for Boyd Cordner - of the 2 , I know which is the more genuine article.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I believe that the Dragons should be able to successfully claim some form of compensation from the NRL . The man is still registered with the Dragons for 2021 - regardless of the if’s and maybe’s to an early move to the Sharks this season .

Anyway I am sure that the Joint Venture only need to put a claim forward to the governing body for salary cap relief as did the Rorters for Boyd Cordner - of the 2 , I know which is the more genuine article.
Garath67, why do you refer to our club as a joint venture? Which other club holds the licence?

Manly has a joint owner but no one refers to them as a joint venture. Canterbury / Bankstown has two locations in their name but no one refers to them as a joint venture.

The joint venture ended when Illawarra sold their licence to WIN Corp who is not a rugby league club.

As an NRL Club, we now represent the St George district and the Illawarra district in the same way the Bulldogs represent the Canterbury district and the Bankstown district.

Gareth67

First Grade
Garath67, why do you refer to our club as a joint venture? Which other club holds the licence?

Manly has a joint owner but no one refers to them as a joint venture. Canterbury / Bankstown has two locations in their name but no one refers to them as a joint venture.

The joint venture ended when Illawarra sold their licence to WIN Corp who is not a rugby league club.

As an NRL Club, we now represent the St George district and the Illawarra district in the same way the Bulldogs represent the Canterbury district and the Bankstown district.

I understand what you are saying possum and as far as I am concerned they are the Big Red V - regardless if one refers them as St.George Illawarra or the Joint Venture - I believe the NRL also often uses both identities.

And yes I also realize that the WIN Corp actually owns 50% .

However let’s stay on the subject of the thread buddy .