What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Bad luck for Cam , wish the man a speedy recovery.

I believe that the Dragons should be able to successfully claim some form of compensation from the NRL . The man is still registered with the Dragons for 2021 - regardless of the if’s and maybe’s to an early move to the Sharks this season .

Anyway I am sure that the Joint Venture only need to put a claim forward to the governing body for salary cap relief as did the Rorters for Boyd Cordner - of the 2 , I know which is the more genuine article.

Gareth67,
You are indeed correct!
The 'Rorters Clause' .............. can be used in our defence.
We've lost a player for the year, so surely, we entitled to claim compensation for half the team !
Good old uncle Nick.
He's the gift that just keeps giving!

To be honest, it just brings Hooks plans in a bit early less AM.

And while logic dictates its catastrophic, I’m not entirely convinced.

It may well be the catalyst for other players to stand up and I consider this was part of thinking that wanted him gone.

I was for an early departure, but if that had happened, Hunt would have done his ACL instead.

Time to grasp the positives, you will survive and perhaps do better.

thebigredv

First Grade
You do realise that he’s still contracted to you guys? He has a full season of rest and rehab (paid by you) then will be fresh as a daisy for ‘21.

He will never be the same. Plus his heart wasn't going to be in it so his leg might as well not be either.

This is the exact reason we shouldn't sign the likes of Bird and McCullough.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
He will never be the same. Plus his heart wasn't going to be in it so his leg might as well not be either.

This is the exact reason we shouldn't sign the likes of Bird and McCullough.
Hard to say mate... plenty of good players have recovered from acl injuries and gone on business as usual. Conner Tracey had a good season last year and has done 3 acl’s previously.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hard to say mate... plenty of good players have recovered from acl injuries and gone on business as usual. Conner Tracey had a good season last year and has done 3 acl’s previously.

My club should be going hard for Brandon Smith. He is the exact player we need at the exact time and instead we are taking gambles on players with major previous injury. You can't snap a block of cheese.

randomdragon

Juniors
If roosters get cap compensation for boyd f**king coroner we better get some too. Coroner should’ve retired ages ago cam is still in his prime

SGMax

Juniors
Gareth67,
You are indeed correct!
The 'Rorters Clause' .............. can be used in our defence.
We've lost a player for the year, so surely, we entitled to claim compensation for half the team !
Good old uncle Nick.
He's the gift that just keeps giving!

I'm pretty sure the salary cap relief the Roosters are getting is because he was injured during SoO.
Forget that that was only his last concussion, and all the others were in NRL games, the Roosters will be treated favourably.
We will get nothing because its not a SoO injury.
If a player is injured and forced into early retirement, then they also qualify for cap relief.

My recollection is when Dragons applied for relief re Dan Hunt and Farrell, it took so long to approve we couldn't benefit.
When Souths applied for Inglis and Burgess it was almost immediate.

possm

Coach
There’s no point being bitter guys... it is what it is. You have another guy in Jack Bird coming off an acl too. I honestly hope that both he and Cam McInnes have successfull returns from their respective injuries.
Come on now, if McInnes was still unsigned, the Sharks would not have signed him at all. They would have moved on to another player.