What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tigerm

First Grade
Being reported on WT site that McInnes has ruptured his ACL and will be out for the season Dragons could be up to their neck in poo.
They have had a horrible off season

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m afraid he’s the best captain in the game.

And the graciousness of Mbye in relinquishing the position has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated by me. Janes was one of priority targets from day one under the Hartigan regime and I can assure you around the forum, some people are envious.
It certainly wasn’t a voluntary decision by the pathetic liability Mbye.Too bad for us that none of the Qld teams want the bum as he has been shopped around to them but it’s glaring to everyone that he is shithouse.I bet his old mate Hasler wouldnt want him at 1/4 of the money he is earning at concord.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Being reported on WT site that McInnes has ruptured his ACL and will be out for the season Dragons could be up to their neck in poo.
They have had a horrible off season
One of a minority of opposition players who I sympathise with after suffering such a shocking injury as he’s a genuinely nice guy & fabulous ambassador for this great sport.

super_coach

First Grade
I get sick all the crap thrown at Moses Mybe on this forum and others. Ok he is not Joey Johns but it’s not his fault that dip stick Cleary threw mega bucks at him. He is a solid first grade footballer, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not his fault our club signed off on the deal and it’s not like he is plodding around like Packer.

He carried a injury most of last year that did not help. As for captain, I have seen worse and was pretty good in front of the media.

This year will be interesting as we now have all his positions covered, but he could end up a very handy 14 if you ignore his wage

Tbh I see a lot of leadership potential in James Roberts. He’s overcome terrible demons.

He’s taken a leadership role with the youngsters, training and teaching them. That’s all humming.

On his day, he’s as strike as it’s gets and he’s got the added mongrel.

You look at his highlights on YouTube and at times, you shake your head in disbelief.

Not just speed, but step, pin-point passing in catastrophic situations, fend, shoulder- he’s got a much wider range of skills and ability at his beck and call than factory. Plus he’s smart.

When you’re watching his attack, you see he f**ks with defenders heads and if they get too close he simply strikes at them. Has hogged the ball at times, but with Laurie and Dougie calling for it in open field, he will need to pass.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I get sick all the crap thrown at Moses Mybe on this forum and others. Ok he is not Joey Johns but it’s not his fault that dip stick Cleary threw mega bucks at him. He is a solid first grade footballer, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not his fault our club signed off on the deal and it’s not like he is plodding around like Packer.

He carried a injury most of last year that did not help. As for captain, I have seen worse and was pretty good in front of the media.

This year will be interesting as we now have all his positions covered, but he could end up a very handy 14 if you ignore his wage

Agree

Hes a pretty handy squad player

I think everyone forgets how good he was in the back end of 2018 when he came here. He never seemed to recover from his MCL in the 19 trials

Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts the year at 1 but doubt he ends the year there

Agree

Hes a pretty handy squad player

I think everyone forgets how good he was in the back end of 2018 when he came here. He never seemed to recover from his MCL in the 19 trials

Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts the year at 1 but doubt he ends the year there

He’d be pretty handy off the bench.

Madge is a whole of squad coach.

There shouldn’t be any shame attached to a spell if you are having a go.

Tiger cull count under Harto and Madge. Stat attack!

2019 nrl predicted round 1 line up v 2021- starting side:

Survivors 2021: Nofo, Brooksy and at the moment I have to weigh up Mbye.

If Mbye doesn’t make it, 2/13 = 15%

That’s an 85% turnover or absence of players.

Moving on to 2020 v 2021

Survivors 2021: Dougie, Nofo, BJ, Brooksy, Lucy but I’m each way on Twal to start.

Say conservative = 5 or 5/13 = 38%

So that’s a 62% turnover or thereabouts.

Not a 100% accurate formula but it gives some idea of the sweeping change in “top tier” personnel over the period.

You can see where the turnover has actually dropped about 25% in the last year, suggesting that a significant growth in retained players for different reasons. Considering the contracts of new players, I’d say the retention rate will increase yet again for 2022. Perhaps more markedly.

So one considers these and the picture emerges of a sustained build and purpose, method in what must be a sometimes chaotic recruitment and retention environment.

I’d rather get the fundamentals right per above and only then spend on the marquee. Obviously that places a heavy reliance on Madge to get the stock to optimum, especially the survivors. I think he’s got dougie, nofo and lucy pumping, but we need Brooks (with forward relief coming) and BJ to fire. He’s looking good BJ and I expect some danger with Roberts. But he’s pretty important. Club option for 22 I think. Hopefully that helps.

The pack is looking ok and Tamou will take care of it.

Tigerm

First Grade
Tbh I see a lot of leadership potential in James Roberts. He’s overcome terrible demons.

He’s taken a leadership role with the youngsters, training and teaching them. That’s all humming.

You look at his highlights on YouTube and at times, you shake your head in disbelief.

Not just speed, but step, pin-point passing in catastrophic situations, fend, shoulder- he’s got a much wider range of skills and ability at his beck and call than factory. Plus he’s smart.

When you’re watching his attack, you see he f**ks with defenders heads and if they get too close he simply strikes at them. Has hogged the ball at times, but with Laurie and Dougie calling for it in open field, he will need to pass.
It would be good, as long as he has overcome his issues, I am a fan.

Tigerm

First Grade
On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Eels fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Eels fans.
Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.
The teacher looks at the girl with surprise, ‘Mary, why didn’t you raise your hand?’
‘Because I’m not a Eels fan,’ she replied.
The teacher, still shocked, asked, ‘Well, if you are not a Eels fan, then who are you a fan of?’
‘I am a Wests Tigers fan, and proud of it,’ Mary replied.
The teacher could not believe her ears.
‘Mary please tell us why you are a Tigers fan?’
“Because my mum is a Wests Tigers fan, and my dad is Tigers fan, so I’m a Tigers fan too!”
“Well,” said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, ‘that is no reason for you to be a Tigers fan. You don’t have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mum was an idiot and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?’
“Then,” Mary smiled, ‘I’d be a Eels fan.’

Shredder

Juniors
This year is going to be very interesting for us.

You would have to say that this is the first year that Madge has pretty much the squad that he wants, we have turned over nearly the entire squad.

There are still obviously question marks, and I'm a little worried about Laurie not having a full pre season, andf the added pressure on Brooks now having a decent pack in front of him, but all going well and with a little luck I'm quietly confident that we might give it a shake this year.

Next year we have 8 players off contract and the Packer money to spend. If McInness is really out for the season, I would make a call and offer MBye and take some of his freight for Billy Britain.

Vic Mackey

Referee

When he was first rumoured I was dead against signed Jet, however now I’m very excited to watch him and agree with all you say.

Even though I followed it from the outside he never seemed to settle at Souths, he looked a shadow of that we saw at Titans/Broncos. 2 tries in 18 games which is 0.11% strike rate compared to his career of 0.55%, something was up.

Watching him now he looks physically in the best shape of his life and as you said appears to be settled off field. The guys doesn’t need to play footy, he’s here on minimum wage, he wants to play.

With younger Indigenous guys Laurie, Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Fitzgibbon and Kiah Cooper he seems to have become a bit of a leader/mentor which he’s probably never been before.

He gives us something we haven’t had since 2017, genuine PACE! We haven’t had a ‘shut the gate’ guy since Tedesco. Nofa has spoken glowingly about the pairing and I’m keen as to see him tearing down the right sideline for us.