What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

SaintPauli

Juniors
Here is a great comparison for the NRL?
Cordner get 12 weeks off and Roosters Salary Cap relief from NRL
Mcinness injured for season prior season kick of and Dragons get no Salary Cap relief !
Why because Mcinness did not get injured in a rep game. Players Union and CLUB need to fix this BS FAST !!!

Channel 10 said it’s expected Cam will now leave the dragons and begin his rehab with the Sharks.
What does that mean?
We pay his salary while he rehabs with Sharks?

He should go I think, but full salary cap compo to sgi. It’s not your fault, it’s just too big a penalty to pay in all the circumstances. Fighting with one arm etc.

redv13

Bench
Channel 10 said it’s expected Cam will now leave the dragons and begin his rehab with the Sharks.
What does that mean?
To be honest we have an obligation to McInnes to rehab him, sort him out and continue to pay his salary. It’s not Cronulla’s problem

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What does that mean?
We’re paying his salary anyway, so we have the benefit of the Sharts picking up the cost of fixing him. Although, if we need him for the finals I guess we can still use him..

And the benefit for Cam is he gets quality rehab with injections of panda blood, stem cells and HGH.

epDragon62

First Grade
To be honest we have an obligation to McInnes to rehab him, sort him out and continue to pay his salary. It’s not Cronulla’s problem
I don't agree entirely; our focus should be on the players who will represent us and if the Sharks want the best out of him it makes sense that they drive it Cam's rehab to protect their investment.

epDragon62

First Grade
Cam's decision was based on things can change overnight - how clever was he to push the issue and sign?

What does that mean?

this is interesting.
There was talk up in Brisbane yesterday that a deal was close and the tip was McInnes would be playing for the Sharks in around 2.
Will be interesting if a deal was across the line with the Sharks already and if yes then his salary this year is the Sharks problem now.
If it wasn’t quite signed and sealed yet there will be back flipping going on from the Sharks now.
All depends on what was actually true and fiction but if a deal was done then he would be paid by the Sharks this year and rehab will be with the Sharks.

thebigredv

First Grade
this is interesting.
There was talk up in Brisbane yesterday that a deal was close and the tip was McInnes would be playing for the Sharks in around 2.
Will be interesting if a deal was across the line with the Sharks already and if yes then his salary this year is the Sharks problem now.
If it wasn’t quite signed and sealed yet there will be back flipping going on from the Sharks now.
All depends on what was actually true and fiction but if a deal was done then he would be paid by the Sharks this year and rehab will be with the Sharks.

That would be very interesting. Watch this space... Knowing our luck in recent history, we will be wearing the cost. We are good at paying world class players to sit around.

Excuse me cynicism but I can't help be very critical of our current management.

thebigredv

First Grade
What does that mean?

From a very distant position we can only guess. If that is true then it would suggest to me there was already some kind of deal arranged where he would play early with cronulla otherwise I would say it is just a made up rumour.

thebigredv

First Grade
Here is a great comparison for the NRL?
Cordner get 12 weeks off and Roosters Salary Cap relief from NRL
Mcinness injured for season prior season kick of and Dragons get no Salary Cap relief !
Why because Mcinness did not get injured in a rep game. Players Union and CLUB need to fix this BS FAST !!!

I know the roosters applied but did they receive relief?

Opens up a can of worms if they did.

I think the final straw is just around the corner for me as a NRL fan.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I know the roosters applied but did they receive relief?

Opens up a can of worms if they did.

I think the final straw is just around the corner for me as a NRL fan.
Firstly terrible luck for Cam he’s been a whole hearted player during his entire stint with us, I wish him all the best for his recovery.

Secondly I’m still not convinced McCullough is the answer for us, I’d be happier to see Brittian get a run during the trials & if he doesn’t show enough promise then Nathan Peats is available for a fraction of the cost of McCullough

possm

Coach
I'm surprised the Players Union don't have an insurance policy to cover players salary when injured long term.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm surprised the Players Union don't have an insurance policy to cover players salary when injured long term.
I think you’ll find that’s called a contract.

Players have them with clubs.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
We’re paying his salary anyway, so we have the benefit of the Sharts picking up the cost of fixing him. Although, if we need him for the finals I guess we can still use him..

And the benefit for Cam is he gets quality rehab with injections of panda blood, stem cells and HGH.
Finals.....lol

possm

Coach
I think you’ll find that’s called a contract.

Players have them with clubs.
It should be compulsory that the NRL, the Club or the Players Union hold a policy to cover long term injury to players. In many cases it is called workers compensation, in other cases it is liability cover. The are plenty of industries that have such cover.