What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Be careful. Just read something about Averillo damaging his elbow in training -could miss the first 3-4 rounds. I wonder if The Dogs will be calling early Monday morning!

murraymob

Coach
Today’s paper has us signing Crighton at 650k a season if so .Sensational by the club.Earlier reports where pushing 750 to 800 a season
After seeing mcines injury it highlights the need to have depth to cover all positions.The dragons are really going to struggle now
Prop has to be the next target .And soon
You can’t have players joining the team late injuries and suddenly there in first grade

Abacus

Juniors
Sensational by the club
Not sure I agree. If we paid $750k-$800k for Crichton then management would deserve launching into the sun.

$500k-$550k would have been sensational. $650k plus top up for 2021 is just run of the mill business - & disappointing that we didn't progress the original deal past the handshake.

WestyLife

First Grade
Not sure I agree. If we paid $750k-$800k for Crichton then management would deserve launching into the sun.

$500k-$550k would have been sensational. $650k plus top up for 2021 is just run of the mill business - & disappointing that we didn't progress the original deal past the handshake.

Thing is though it's less than expected and if anyone wants him in future they'll have to pay stupid money up to $800k - $900k.

Abacus

Juniors
Thing is though it's less than expected and if anyone wants him in future they'll have to pay stupid money up to $800k - $900k.
Wasn't the $750k based on a stupid Hooper or Buzz article - which was largely ridiculed on here as unrealistic and overs.

As for future deals, I can see $750k taking Crichton to a new Sydney-based club. IMO, players may take up to $100k less to stay - after that its 50:50 at best to retain.

age.s

First Grade
$650 would be pretty damn good considering the circumstances. It's a bit more than we would have liked to pay, but the cards fell in an entirely different direction and you play the hand you're dealt, not the hand you want. Given the cashed up rival, greedy manager and impressionable young star it'd be a pretty tidy bit of work.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Today’s paper has us signing Crighton at 650k a season if so .Sensational by the club.Earlier reports where pushing 750 to 800 a season
After seeing mcines injury it highlights the need to have depth to cover all positions.The dragons are really going to struggle now
Prop has to be the next target .And soon
You can’t have players joining the team late injuries and suddenly there in first grade
A prop could sign on gameday and play. Its very simple stuff

Whino

Bench
Wasn't the $750k based on a stupid Hooper or Buzz article - which was largely ridiculed on here as unrealistic and overs.

As for future deals, I can see $750k taking Crichton to a new Sydney-based club. IMO, players may take up to $100k less to stay - after that its 50:50 at best to retain.

The $750k was from Dean Ritchie. He claims he spoke to a rival recruitment manager for a figure. The figure then stuck.
Every report on Crichton's future then was tagged with that made up value. Which was by an unknown source. Probably Ritchie's drinking buddie.

mxlegend99

Referee
$650k is 30% increase over the already generous deal we had him agree to. 1 season of NRL and he's getting paid with the elite centres.

Honestly would prefer we lost him. Seeing all the cuts we have had to make to our roster to keep him just pisses me off. I think that sort of money can be a hell of a lot more useful elsewhere.

Hopefully he kicks on to be the next Greg Inglis. But many players have great first seasons and dont really kick on to be more than solid first graders. This is an insane gamble that he will kick on.

Smug Panther

First Grade
$650k is 30% increase over the already generous deal we had him agree to. 1 season of NRL and he's getting paid with the elite centres.

Honestly would prefer we lost him. Seeing all the cuts we have had to make to our roster to keep him just pisses me off. I think that sort of money can be a hell of a lot more useful elsewhere.

Hopefully he kicks on to be the next Greg Inglis. But many players have great first seasons and dont really kick on to be more than solid first graders. This is an insane gamble that he will kick on.
What cuts? The 30 year old winger or the journeyman prop?

panthersam

Juniors

Most contracts for young players will have a certain level of risk/reward to them. If we chose not to re sign him and then he does kick on to be the next GI then we would all be sitting around saying the club screwed up by letting him go.

I trust we have the right people at the club to judge who to keep and who not to, I think they have done a really good job keeping the he core of last seasons squad together coming off a season like we did last year!

Also the numbers put up by the media can never be accurate, we will never truely know how much money any of the players contracts are worth.

betcats

Referee

Id rather pay Crichton what elite centres get instead of any of these so called elite centres. There’s Joey manu and staggs who are better then him and not for long imo, he’s two and four years younger than these guys and staggs just is coming back from an acl.

Blade23

Juniors
Which club was interested in Crichton? Roosters?

No one really. It was BS interest to panic us into paying more.
He never got an offer or did the PR stunt of visiting other clubs facilities. To be fair he wanted to stay. His manager made it difficult.

Bulldogs feigned interest but were never serious. Addo-Carr was there target.

Roosters were never interested.

The Tigers were never in hunt. I think they were looking at an angle for Laurie. It never went anywhere on that front.

MugaB

Coach
Prop is the next target. Just taking their time with the budget we have.
Gonna be close since season starts soon, i can see us getting someone cheap or an unwanted journeyman.

Good thing its just a bench prop we are after tho, in terms of missing out a full preseason with the squad, any other position and I'd be very worried, although thinking of it now Tetevano leaving wasn't a good thing, especially since whoever we end up with won't be as good as him