What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish In 2021?

Where Will Penrith Finish In 2021?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 13-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

Abacus

Juniors
I see the same top 6 from last year being the same this year just the order changing.

Parra look weaker. Canberra around the same. Souths I think make the 4 though
And there is always a team that comes from nowhere. Titans may be a shot, Manly keep Turbo on the field all year with Jurbo, DCE...

Besides other teams, I don't see us maintaining or improving on 2020 - just too tough mentally for a young team & historically injuries have hit us hard.

franklin2323

Immortal
And there is always a team that comes from nowhere. Titans may be a shot, Manly keep Turbo on the field all year with Jurbo, DCE...

Besides other teams, I don't see us maintaining or improving on 2020 - just too tough mentally for a young team & historically injuries have hit us hard.

I think both those sides are a chance of the 8 just not the 4. Take GC they were 5 wins from 4th.

Wheras us. We could of lost 5 extra games and still been 4th with that is how dominate we were

In a normal 24 round comp. 16 wins gets you in top 4. Even allowing for minor slumps as and Storm will get that easy.

Teams with new coaches. Or a roster turnover. Key players back from injury probably can't get there. Leads to a handful of teams that can make top 4

Abacus

Juniors
I think both those sides are a chance of the 8 just not the 4. Take GC they were 5 wins from 4th.

Wheras us. We could of lost 5 extra games and still been 4th with that is how dominate we were

In a normal 24 round comp. 16 wins gets you in top 4. Even allowing for minor slumps as and Storm will get that easy.

Teams with new coaches. Or a roster turnover. Key players back from injury probably can't get there. Leads to a handful of teams that can make top 4
GC finished 2020 hot though and look to have recruited well. As I said, it only takes 1 team to get on an unexpectedly good run (in 2020 it was us) and the top 4 gets that bit harder.

Also, opposition will be spending more time preparing to nullify the Panthers - it will be interesting to see how the coaching staff & young team cope.

franklin2323

Immortal
GC finished 2020 hot though and look to have recruited well. As I said, it only takes 1 team to get on an unexpectedly good run (in 2020 it was us) and the top 4 gets that bit harder.

Also, opposition will be spending more time preparing to nullify the Panthers - it will be interesting to see how the coaching staff & young team cope.

Lets take GC. Say they do start well they will have a few in SOO then will fall back. Kind of like Newcastle last year

Natural Development should counter some of that

Abacus

Juniors
Lets take GC. Say they do start well they will have a few in SOO then will fall back. Kind of like Newcastle last year

Natural Development should counter some of that
All teams will have mid-season Origin to deal with. We'll have more reps than GC (will they have anyone besides Brimson?).

What if 2020 was the peak for our squad?

MugaB

Coach
Have to remember it was a shortened season last year, if it was normal 25 round comp, Gold coast make the finals easy, knights not so much.

Hell even our streak could have been longer too

roofromoz

First Grade
Glass half full: cautiously optimistic of a top 4 finish.

Glass half empty: I have this ominous feeling that it will be a slow start and rising up the ladder gradually throughout the season rather than be a front runner all season.

WestyLife

First Grade
Glass half full: cautiously optimistic of a top 4 finish.

Glass half empty: I have this ominous feeling that it will be a slow start and rising up the ladder gradually throughout the season rather than be a front runner all season.

Glass half empty sounds like a typical Roosters season.

Crashtest

Juniors
Im confident in us finishing top 2. I see more improvement out of Nathan and Luai, individually and as a halves combination, to keep us near the top of the table this season.

But if a another team like Souths goes on a winning run and leap frogs us in the top 2, then I see top 4 as worse case.

The_Frog

First Grade
Imagine a 35yr old Cameron Smith there too
Could be a serious contender to Gold Coasts "young talent time"
View attachment 45930
Kylie Minogue failed the audition for Young Talent Time, when her sister was already on the show. A bit like Panthers management in 1974 telling the 17 year old Les Boyd he'd never make it in the game.

Sime_11

Juniors
We should finish Top 4, but when expectation is put on us - Penrith attitude of crumbling - hoping this is not the case in 2021

Regular season we will finish 3 or 4 - depending on how we track through SOO as well as injuries.

Top 4 this year will be South, Chooks, Penrith & Storm (whatever order you want to make it)

we need guys like Burns, Eisenhuth, May & Kenny to kick on this year to put pressure on our Starters, but i feel it will be inevitable this year we cop some injuries to key personnel - our depth will be tested in 2021.

i think if we can finish the season like last year with our tails up and a healthy roster, we'll go 1 better and be celebrating Premiership No.3 - we played some poor Finals football at times in 2020 - our squad knows what the intensity & expectation is, so we should be able to control our nerves and trust the process to get the result.

most of all - we cant expect to walk the regular season - some clubs look like they havent progressed, we cant get sloppy, maintain the hunger & enthusiasm.

hindy111

Post Whore
Raiders lost Bateman and Cotric. Hodgson coming back from an ACL.

Parra look weaker too

And 7 and 8 are too far behind the top 6

Why do Parra look weaker? Most there players are still in their peak age.

Moses,Fergo had terrible seasons. They won't be that bad again.
I'd expect Brown and Mahoney to improve a lot also. Along with Kafusi.

They lost Takarangi,Alvaro,K.Evans.D.Gower,Salmon,Terepo, G.Jennings,Daveys,M.Jennings.

Of those MJ and Evans where the only consistent first graders.

They have gained Hipgrave,Cartwright, Paapli, Opacic, Lussick, Roache, Oldfield. Some handy players. Not stars at all.
And once MJ is found guilty will have 3 spots left to fill and whatever money he was on. Id suspect around 250-300k.... I would also add they have a few highly rated juniors that may surprise later in the season.

Against Souths in the finals the Eels lost Sivo,Fergo and MJ the week before. Niaukore there best bench forward also suspended. Highly doubt they lose if those 4 played.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the Sharks and Knights could flop. I wouldn't be shocked if Parra,Raiders or Rooster had a poor season also.

I'd lock in Storm,Souths,Panthers as certain top 8 sides. I feel Parra and Raiders should be there but history shows they are due for a bad season for a couple of top 5 seasons in a row.

The Roosters I am not sold on. Cordners gone, Morris boys a year older along with Friend and Hargraves. A rookie halfback.. If they copped 2 or 3 injuries they will struggle .

hindy111

Post Whore
Tigers are my surprise packet. I like the side tbh. A tough pack and big skilfulll backs.

WestyLife

First Grade

They lost Takarangi,Alvaro,K.Evans.D.Gower,Salmon,Terepo, G.Jennings,Daveys,M.Jennings.

They have gained Hipgrave,Cartwright, Paapli, Opacic, Lussick, Roache, Oldfield. Some handy players. Not stars at all.
And once MJ is found guilty will have 3 spots left to fill and whatever money he was on. Id suspect around 250-300k.... I would also add they have a few highly rated juniors that may surprise later in the season.

Against Souths in the finals the Eels lost Sivo,Fergo and MJ the week before. Niaukore there best bench forward also suspended. Highly doubt they lose if those 4 played.

They are mentally weak(especially moses) not trying to be offensive but they had a few injuries and crumbled. Nathan got suspended by the nrl and came back to have his best season so far. Naden had similar even while battling off field mental health.

franklin2323

Immortal

Who will be centre for Jennings?

The bench looks weak. Parra are unable to grind out the wins as you to to be a good side. None of those signings will fix that

Souths have improved their roster enough to jump them

Fangs

Coach
Why do Parra look weaker?

Similar if not worse top 30 in 2021. And Arthur as coach who I don't rate. The back half of 2020 wasn't very convincing from the Eels and I don't see how Arthur fixes that.

Souths for Eels in the 4 looks logical to me. They have an improved squad with Arrow in the pack. Potentially Bennett's last year as coach. They will go close to winning it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Similar if not worse top 30 in 2021. And Arthur as coach who I don't rate. The back half of 2020 wasn't very convincing from the Eels and I don't see how Arthur fixes that.

Souths for Eels in the 4 looks logical to me. They have an improved squad with Arrow in the pack. Potentially Bennett's last year as coach. They will go close to winning it.

Souths are my favourites. But Reynolds is made of plastic.

I based Parra potential on Moses/Fergo/Blake having had their worse year. D.Brown & Mahoney improving as very young along with Kafusi who could become very good. The packs tough
Wouldnt suprise if they flop either. Sides can do this. Get off to a poor start and just fold.

Just keep an eye on those Tigers. I'm going to have a sneakie 50 on them to make the 8