What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Fangs

Coach
https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/30910169/penrith-panthers-drop-brent-naden-first-nrl-month

Brent Naden has been dropped to reserve grade for the first month of Penrith's NRL season as further punishment for testing positive to cocaine after the grand final.

The Panthers have confirmed coach Ivan Cleary has told the centre he will not pick him for the first four rounds, as part of a decision led by the Penrith coach and senior players.

The decision to axe Naden from Penrith's top team is not an official punishment determined by the club and comes on top of a $20,000 suspended fine.

CCJohnC

Juniors
https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/30910169/penrith-panthers-drop-brent-naden-first-nrl-month

Brent Naden has been dropped to reserve grade for the first month of Penrith's NRL season as further punishment for testing positive to cocaine after the grand final.

The Panthers have confirmed coach Ivan Cleary has told the centre he will not pick him for the first four rounds, as part of a decision led by the Penrith coach and senior players.

The decision to axe Naden from Penrith's top team is not an official punishment determined by the club and comes on top of a $20,000 suspended fine.

He dropped himself.

ACTPanthers

Bench

From another article posted elsewhere, Naden has made this decision on his own - Pretty big of him to know that the trust in him needs to be earned and not just given.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From another article posted elsewhere, Naden has made this decision on his own - Pretty big of him to know that the trust in him needs to be earned and not just given.

Perhaps Naden's manager doing a 'pre emptive strike' with a dash of PR. Western Weekender jurno's believe SMH closer to the truth.

forby

Juniors
Does anyone know what is happening with the crowds this year?
Will it be like last year and we have to apply for tickets?

Kilkenny

Coach
Does anyone know what is happening with the crowds this year?
Will it be like last year and we have to apply for tickets?

Given current zero community transmissions I suspect it will be normal full crowds. Although the next time we get an outbreak as a consequence of returned travellers no doubt it may revert back to limits being imposed.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I work with a guy who was involved in one of our training sessions recently (possibly last week) where the first side played reserves. He said there were 3 sessions scheduled and it was full-on opposed, Kiks was hitting guys high and one of the young guys in the second side was getting very niggly with Luai. In the second session it was almost punch on between Luai and this other guy and it got to the point they cancelled the third session because they could tell it was going to be on if they continued . My mate reckons the boys looked very fit, very sharp and 100% ready to go.

panthersam

Juniors
I work with a guy who was involved in one of our training sessions recently (possibly last week) where the first side played reserves. He said there were 3 sessions scheduled and it was full-on opposed, Kiks was hitting guys high and one of the young guys in the second side was getting very niggly with Luai. In the second session it was almost punch on between Luai and this other guy and it got to the point they cancelled the third session because they could tell it was going to be on if they continued . My mate reckons the boys looked very fit, very sharp and 100% ready to go.

Interesting you bring that up, just last night I watched Chad Townsend on Bloke in a Bar podcast and he reckons this type of stuff is happening all the time at every single team - he also mentioned that he had never seen it happen more in the year that he won the premiership with Cronulla.

I’m just going to let my brain process your post with the outcome being that we will take out the premiership this season with Luai winning the Dally M and Kikau the Clive Churchill medal :sob:

WestyLife

First Grade

The headlines will be "Panthers in crisis" after this. They sound fired up.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Good hear that the players are looking sharp and fit. I don't mind a little bit of niggle from the 2nd grade 'kids' (I'm in my 60's so anyone younger than 50 is a kid)

Now Kiks keep those hits lower we don't want you sitting in the naughty corner in 2021. Lui I think can be a bit of a smart mouth 'grub' in the heat of battle. Needs to keep this under control. Sounds good though doesn't it. Is this what they refer to as a 'scrimmage' ?

Kilkenny

Coach
Wife and I are not long back from a road trip part of which was five nights at the Mantra Salt Resort at Kingscliff. The Gold Titans were there so caught up with Mitch Rein and Tyronne Peachy. They could be the quiet achievers in 2021. Seemed to be a really positive spirit around there camp.

Latest posts