What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

jargan83

Coach
Screenshot-2021-02-15-Parramatta-Eels-2021-Macron-Adults-Away-Jersey.png

Parra 2021 Away jersey

https://shop.parraeels.com.au/parramatta-eels-2021-macron-mens-away-jersey/

That's awful

sempmrh

Juniors
That Eels away jersey would be a lot better without the contrasting sleeves. The collar and shoulder panels does them no favours either since it pushes everything down the body of the jersey.

Overall it’s not offensively bad.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looks like a training shirt for me. I wouldve expected the 86 design with reversed colours. I might get used to it, I mean its horrible but not a huge fan

GAZF

First Grade
At a bare minimum, the chest stripe should have been wider. Perhaps the four stripes could have been integrated into the top part of the sleeve, where the sponsor doesn't cover it up.

MugaB

Coach
At a bare minimum, the chest stripe should have been wider. Perhaps the four stripes could have been integrated into the top part of the sleeve, where the sponsor doesn't cover it up.
Yes this, im no parra fan, but am a rugby league jersey fan, and if a company is making terrible designs, and the club is signing off on it, that just shits me, i get the sponsors somehave a huge say in where they want there brandings and also how big it might be (looking at you NIB)
But there is no excuse for a terrible design like this, however i do like that it is mostly gold/yellow, being the eels are the only nsw team to somewhat use that color, its good to see them use it properly (even if it is an away)
Its a shame the bronx don't try to use their '88 strip in someway, i watched a replay of a 90s game, and that stacked "QLD rep side" called the brisbane broncos looked amazing in their strip.
I also have to congratulate wests for also bringing back the orange this year, (even if its away again) what had the world come to when a team called the tigers dont wear predominantly orange

yakstorm

First Grade
The Parramatta Away jersey is based on their 1981 strip, which is why it has the blue band for Aland and Blue Collar.

I'm not sure why they chose to go with blue sleeves and not try to mimic the shoulder stripes in some way.

images

chiefy1

Juniors

2021 jersey away striped darker blue.jpg
Gazf, I got this improved design from a great Jersey designer (Jamsey) on 1 eyed eel site. Took him 24hrs to what took the club months, & it absolutely annihilates the club's away Jersey

Last edited:

The Marshall

Juniors
The Parramatta Away jersey is based on their 1981 strip, which is why it has the blue band for Aland and Blue Collar.

I'm not sure why they chose to go with blue sleeves and not try to mimic the shoulder stripes in some way.
View attachment 45982
Gazf, I got this improved design from a great Jersey designer (Jamsey) on 1 eyed eel site. Took him 24hrs to what took the club months, & it absolutely annihilates the club's away Jersey
Just thinking out loud but could the three or even four stripes running along the shoulders like that possibly infringe on a copyright from Adidas? Maybe that’s why they can’t use it?

yakstorm

First Grade
Just thinking out loud but could the three or even four stripes running along the shoulders like that possibly infringe on a copyright from Adidas? Maybe that’s why they can’t use it?

It's highly probable that it came up as a reason why the Eels & Macron didn't include the lines.

Whilst Adidas did lose their right to trademark the stripes in isolation in the EU a couple of years back, closer to home Adidas did sue Pacific Brands back in 2013 for the use of four stripes on a bunch of their either Dunlop or Slazenger branded shoes.

Adidas was successful in 4 of their 9 claims, and whilst the Eels arguably would have a better claim for use than Pacific Brands (ie. Prominence of Macron branding, history of their own use of the stripes, etc) and could use the EU decision to help their argument, the fear of legal action alone would be deterrent enough.

chiefy1

Juniors
It's highly probable that it came up as a reason why the Eels & Macron didn't include the lines.

Whilst Adidas did lose their right to trademark the stripes in isolation in the EU a couple of years back, closer to home Adidas did sue Pacific Brands back in 2013 for the use of four stripes on a bunch of their either Dunlop or Slazenger branded shoes.

Adidas was successful in 4 of their 9 claims, and whilst the Eels arguably would have a better claim for use than Pacific Brands (ie. Prominence of Macron branding, history of their own use of the stripes, etc) and could use the EU decision to help their argument, the fear of legal action alone would be deterrent enough.

yes but our home Jersey still has stripes.20210206_175000.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
View attachment 45982
I had the stripes going the other way but this is definately a better balanced design which would have worked well on Macron's raglan template.

38135308_l.jpg

Parra seems to be completely ignorant of how their sponsors clutter up whatever sleeve striping they have. They've worked hard to be known for their unique striping again, but then go ahead and cover it up with a white box. The terminated striping @yakstorm posted helps with this issue for stripes running along the shoulder. I reckon they would be better served moving the stripes further up the sleeve when they run across the shoulder as they do on the home design.

chiefy1

Juniors
Four thin stripes, plus one significantly larger stripe / bar around the sleeves, looks very different than three strips across the shoulders, which is something Adidas has done previously for jerseys.

Attachments

• 20210217_075131.jpg
    20210217_075131.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts