What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs NRL Fantasy

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know about you boys but I'm ready for a big season fantasy and NRL wise. I made a team up and I like the look of it.

Cook
Taumololo Gilbert Watson
Fifita Ford
Lam Munster
Averillo Roberts
Tommy Turbo Tedesco Holmes

Egan Brailey Davey Liddle

D. Walker Schuster Blore Niu

Not gonna lie after the season took a break I lost interest last year but I'm keen for this season. I'm going with the best possible team for cover
I made a draft with J. Brailey at hooker and I don’t mind what I came up with:

Draft 11:

J. Brailey
A. Crichton Watson LAM
Matterson Davey
Cleary (C) Munster
Hopoate Momorovski
Teddy Tommy T Simonsson/Laurie

Lam Koloamatangi Ford Liddle
Riki Hola Blore Niu

48k spare

hunters

Juniors
Geez I'm having trouble landing on the right centres, particularly with Averillo seemingly injured. Genuinely considering picking a non player and going for the reserve player loop hole right from the start!

callmack1

Staff member
Hey everyone, just regenerated the league from last year. You should all recieve invites via email.

If we can't fill a league of sixteen, anyone new is welcome to join, just let me know if you would like to jump aboard, it's great fun!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I
Hey everyone, just regenerated the league from last year. You should all recieve invites via email.

If we can't fill a league of sixteen, anyone new is welcome to join, just let me know if you would like to jump aboard, it's great fun!
I joined can’t wait!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I made a draft with J. Brailey at hooker and I don’t mind what I came up with:

Draft 11:

J. Brailey
A. Crichton Watson LAM
Matterson Davey
Cleary (C) Munster
Hopoate Momorovski
Teddy Tommy T Simonsson/Laurie

Lam Koloamatangi Ford Liddle
Riki Hola Blore Niu

48k spare

Thats a nice looking draft. I think its tough this year because I honestly don't find any midrange half's except for lam appealing which is making it difficult to make a 17 with good cover. Which makes me think I should make moylan my 18th man.

Im assuming with the recent corey oates news you've probably plugged him into your 17 as well.

I just can't believe your passing on Bird after he told NRL.com he's going to be playing in the backrow

hunters

Juniors
Thats a nice looking draft. I think its tough this year because I honestly don't find any midrange half's except for lam appealing which is making it difficult to make a 17 with good cover. Which makes me think I should make moylan my 18th man.

Im assuming with the recent corey oates news you've probably plugged him into your 17 as well.

I just can't believe your passing on Bird after he told NRL.com he's going to be playing in the backrow
If Bird gets a start I'd be keen but some reports are indicating he may start the season of the bench and might only be pushing out low 20's. Not sure what his break even would be and perhaps that would be enough. Same with Corey Oates.

Rabbits20

Immortal

You not keen on Brooks?

Avg 48-49 when starting halfback last year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Bird gets a start I'd be keen but some reports are indicating he may start the season of the bench and might only be pushing out low 20's. Not sure what his break even would be and perhaps that would be enough. Same with Corey Oates.
Oates is favoured to start in the second row.

hunters

Juniors
My latest draft is:

Cook
Angus LAM Koloamatangi
Waddell Davey
Cleary Munster
Hopoate Roberts
Tommy T Teddy Oates

Brailey Watson Lam Liddle
Hola Blore Simonsson Niu

Come on @Souths Till I Die @hunters share your latest drafts..... we all know we will be hitting delete and starting again once TLT comes around....
Koroisau
Tapau Lodge BMM
Crichton Matterson
Cleary Harris-Tevita
Best Fusitua
Tom Moylan Holmes

Lenui Liddle Watson Riki

Blore Simmonson Niu Utoikammanu

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Alright Mr 20

Cook
Koloa LAM Crichton
Dfifita Davey
Lam Cleary
Averillo Roberts
TTrbo Oates Tedesco

Egan Watson J Brailey Liddle
Moylan Niu Hola Blore

This draft is my best spread draft with guns in almost every tier except centre. I know I have the 4 hooker bench but my 18-21 cover off all other positions and I really rate Egan

Rabbits20

Immortal
Alright Mr 20

Cook
Koloa LAM Crichton
Dfifita Davey
Lam Cleary
Averillo Roberts
TTrbo Oates Tedesco

Egan Watson J Brailey Liddle
Moylan Niu Hola Blore

This draft is my best spread draft with guns in almost every tier except centre. I know I have the 4 hooker bench but my 18-21 cover off all other positions and I really rate Egan
I like it, pretty similar to mine. You don’t think Tevaga takes a few mins off Egan? Egan doesn’t really run so you’re banking on him being a tackling bot!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I like it, pretty similar to mine. You don’t think Tevaga takes a few mins off Egan? Egan doesn’t really run so you’re banking on him being a tackling bot!

Funny you say that you should check out the talking league podcast. Its given me a completely different view on some players. The assistant coach for the warriors gets on it and talks about how they want Egan to play 80 minutes. They understand it might not happen every game but the goal is to get Egan to 80 minutes. They then talk about other options at hooker and say "they're all a big too raw for NRL". I think they plan to use tevaga and sironen as forwards rather than bench hookers. The assistant coach also said that Egan has been working on his conditioning so he can be tackling for 80 minutes. He knows teams need good 80 minute hookers now.

If you've got spare time check out 'Talking League'. Best fantasy related podcast I've listened to. The assistant coaches always drop hints about what they plan to do. For example in the Broncos one the assistant coach talks about how raw Riki is. Makes me think he's not going to be starting for a while.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Funny you say that you should check out the talking league podcast. Its given me a completely different view on some players. The assistant coach for the warriors gets on it and talks about how they want Egan to play 80 minutes. They understand it might not happen every game but the goal is to get Egan to 80 minutes. They then talk about other options at hooker and say "they're all a big too raw for NRL". I think they plan to use tevaga and sironen as forwards rather than bench hookers. The assistant coach also said that Egan has been working on his conditioning so he can be tackling for 80 minutes. He knows teams need good 80 minute hookers now.

If you've got spare time check out 'Talking League'. Best fantasy related podcast I've listened to. The assistant coaches always drop hints about what they plan to do. For example in the Broncos one the assistant coach talks about how raw Riki is. Makes me think he's not going to be starting for a while.
Cheers mate

Rabbits20

Immortal
I knew you'd love it mate
Mate I’ve just researched Egan and in 4 of his 16 games starting at hooker he has scored a try. Take those tries out and he only averages 35.5 a game from the other 12 games at 65mins.

I don’t think I see the upside you do as he tends to make around 35-40 tackles a games and tends to not run more than around 20 running metres a game. Even with hookers making more tackles last year overall with the faster speed of the game Egan didn’t seem to do so.

I think like Tino Egan he will average about 6-7 points above his average which isn’t quite enough to justify starting with them...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Looking at round 13 very briefly, if fit Twal and JFH would both play that round so starting with one of them could save a trade down the line....

I think both are likely to see a bit of an increase in minutes. JFH is 38k cheaper than Twal.

Who would you guys prefer?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Looking at round 13 very briefly, if fit Twal and JFH would both play that round so starting with one of them could save a trade down the line....

I think both are likely to see a bit of an increase in minutes. JFH is 38k cheaper than Twal.

Who would you guys prefer?

It depends on what you like. I think JFH is super up and down whereas Twal just needs the minutes to be an elite gun. I would run with Twal but im not picking a team based on origin yet.