What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
Just about anyone is as good as Burton for 150k? I don’t think so.

Sure he's phenomenal for his price but there's certainly a trade that we could do to improve things IF the plan is to just sit him in reserve grade.

Much harder if he's, for example playing centre.

betcats

Referee
Sure he's phenomenal for his price but there's certainly a trade that we could do to improve things IF the plan is to just sit him in reserve grade.

Yep a back is still just a back up at the end of the day, he was the back up last year and played 5 or 6 games. If they are still negotiating with the dogs then obviously they see some possibility of a trade that benefits us.

No team has a back up half as good as Burton because a kid that talented pushes his way into the top 17 or goes elsewhere. We definitely should not give him away for peanuts but if the dogs meet our asking price I would be happy to move on from Burton let him go and start his dogs career, its a potential source of tension and distraction at least until June 30 from the dogs and possible more if Burton ever does become unhappy with spending this year in reserve grade.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep a back is still just a back up at the end of the day, he was the back up last year and played 5 or 6 games. If they are still negotiating with the dogs then obviously they see some possibility of a trade that benefits us.

No team has a back up half as good as Burton because a kid that talented pushes his way into the top 17 or goes elsewhere. We definitely should not give him away for peanuts but if the dogs meet our asking price I would be happy to move on from Burton let him go and start his dogs career, its a potential source of tension and distraction at least until June 30 from the dogs and possible more if Burton ever does become unhappy with spending this year in reserve grade.

Can't really add to this. Word for Word how I see it.

betcats

Referee
correct. If the trade improves the team, Burto can go.
If not, we don’t just release him.

Definitely. There is no way we just let him go, he is valuable as a back up plus f**k the dogs, but if we can improve our forward pack somehow that would be pretty valuable over the course of a season also.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I agree, which makes me wonder why you see this as the club being stubborn

panthersam

Juniors
That's sad. Some guys there keen to see.

Yeah I wonder if it’s the fact that’s it’s not being played at Panthers stadium and it may be too hard to get a good stream at St Mary’s.

Outside of that I can’t really think of any reason why they wouldn’t, especially after they showed the Dragons vs Sharks game last week.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree, which makes me wonder why you see this as the club being stubborn

I'm just saying under normal circumstances a player in this situation would have been moved on by now so either the dogs aren't making an offer worth our while or he's part of the game plan this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I personally think that Naden is lucky still to be at the club. I get the feeling he's a troubled soul.

Did have a giggle when reading that leadership group (that includes Nathan) helped to decide that Naden misses the 1st month......(irony anypne, Tick Tok)

PS (my brothers dislike of Cleary must be rubbing off on me LOL) Nah......can see the whole joke though LOL

Jane Murray

Bench
I personally think that Naden is lucky still to be at the club. I get the feeling he's a troubled soul.

Did have a giggle when reading that leadership group (that includes Nathan) helped to decide that Naden misses the 1st month......(irony anypne, Tick Tok)

PS (my brothers dislike of Cleary must be rubbing off on me LOL) Nah......can see the whole joke though LOL
The difference is, Cleary made two mistakes, including his lying, and Naden had a few, one which led to him being cut before I believe.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I wonder if it’s the fact that’s it’s not being played at Panthers stadium and it may be too hard to get a good stream at St Mary’s.

Outside of that I can’t really think of any reason why they wouldn’t, especially after they showed the Dragons vs Sharks game last week.

It has nothing to do with St Mary’s Stadium, certain games have been live streamed from there for years. Just a cost factor I guess.

Kilkenny

Coach
The difference is, Cleary made two mistakes, including his lying, and Naden had a few, one which led to him being cut before I believe.

As I recall Brent Nadens original, primary issue which led to his release from the club was a minor issue around his being in an area of our academy which was restricted to members of the NRL squad. That was the story put out anyway at the time anyway, there was probably more to it. Gould obviously forgave him, given he brought Naden back to the club when he was not resigned by the Knights.

Latest posts