What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

jk13

First Grade
I just remember Tim getting owned by us every time we played him. Bog average for a big fella

T.S Quint

Coach
Is Simona even allowed to play NRL anymore?
Would we have to go to V’Landys and ask them to let him play (like the Folau situation)?

84 Baby

Referee
It's a much smaller sample while he's been stuck in shit teams. It just means he's been chasing the money, not that he's forgotten how to play.
I don’t think you can prove that conclusion based on evidence. Therefore it becomes a subjective measure of his current ability which I, and likely most others, think whatever talent he did have is no longer worth pursuing too riskily, at least not for our squad. Even though we have need of a starting centre and even if he was better than our current options.

It’d be like signing Ben Roberts all over again.

Glenneel

Bench
wingers are more important, and we produced one of the best from the last 20 years......Semi.....
Probably the best attacking winger ever, defence meh! They're still raving about him in yawnon where defence not so important as a lot played in forwards particularly in UK.

Glenneel

Bench
Can Haze play centre?
Our juniors haven't been great but we unearthed a 5/8, hooker and what looks like a few props. If this Russel guys any good we may of unearthed a fullback also. 3 spine players. I would take that over 10 centres or wingers.
Unfortunately stuck behind Gutho unless makes it at centre plus Penisini means we could have 2 juniors as centres hopefully next 2-3 years. However could lose him if chasing fullback money and Gutho still there.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's a much smaller sample while he's been stuck in shit teams. It just means he's been chasing the money, not that he's forgotten how to play.

I've never minded Lafai. It's easy to look bad in a poor side. Especialy in centers. If your defense is always tired and retreating your going to be exposed.
If your attack isn't pushing them back every centre will look limited in attacking raids...

hindy111

Post Whore
Unfortunately stuck behind Gutho unless makes it at centre plus Penisini means we could have 2 juniors as centres hopefully next 2-3 years. However could lose him if chasing fullback money and Gutho still there.

Won't suprise if Guth ends up 5/8 down track

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t think you can prove that conclusion based on evidence. Therefore it becomes a subjective measure of his current ability which I, and likely most others, think whatever talent he did have is no longer worth pursuing too riskily, at least not for our squad. Even though we have need of a starting centre and even if he was better than our current options.

It’d be like signing Ben Roberts all over again.
The Storm signed Ben Roberts and made the finals. Everyone looks better in a good team and worse in a bad team, including Tim Lafai. Look at his whole career, not just three seasons. He is 29 not 35.

84 Baby

Referee
The Storm signed Ben Roberts and made the finals. Everyone looks better in a good team and worse in a bad team, including Tim Lafai. Look at his whole career, not just three seasons. He is 29 not 35.
You reckon Scum thought/decided Roberts was worth gambling to the extent of him being (paid) a starter like you said Lafai would in our team? And subsequently we have decided he is not:
And my point (Pou, not Gronk) was you can’t use someone’s wildly varying win rate as a marker of whether you should sign them. And even if you did, surely the more recent rate is a better indicator.

Latest posts