What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
you make a good point. Why are the NRL apparently considering giving the Roosters a exemption to allow Joseph Suaali to potentially play when he doesn’t turn 18 till August. From my perspective you make rules you have to stick to them, but it’s the Roosters I guess.
The age rule is a joke. Wade was ready when we picked him but it is a rule

Kilkenny

Coach
The age rule is a joke. Wade was ready when we picked him but it is a rule

I can’t remember when the age rule was introduced I just think it was introduced for a reason and I fail to see why we should be bending the rules for the Roosters. They are going to get salary cap relief for the Boyd Cordner situation, Suaali will no doubt play NRL before August if he is the real deal if it was us in there situation we would have to suck it up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Also easy to cheat the cap though. Just have some awesome players outside the top 30.

In theory yes in reality no chance.

Look at the garbage with Burton staying here and he is top 30 and possibly top 17.

Anyone that is good enough will be playing elsewhere before you get to stack a team

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s a pointless conversation I know but where is the reward for developing Laurie, Burton, Blore (Shawn), and others only to see them leave because of a flawed salary cap, Many others in seasons gone by. We invest more than any other club, including the Broncos, in junior development only to get screwed over time and time again.

WestyLife

First Grade
It’s a pointless conversation I know but where is the reward for developing Laurie, Burton, Blore (Shawn), and others only to see them leave because of a flawed salary cap, Many others in seasons gone by. We invest more than any other club, including the Broncos, in junior development only to get screwed over time and time again.

To be fair we get the benefit of having a constant flow of nrl ready players so we shouldn't have "premiership windows" but be constantly competitive if not top 4.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ivan the terrible signed one of this types of contracts when he got off the bus!

Penrith Panthers and the Clearys cotinue to live rent free in the heads of the Penrith Faithful.

Like others have said, surely it's time for W/T and their faithful to build a bridge and move on.

It is interesting to note that Pascoe did this in 2015......(whilst were are highlighting history). Penrith though didn't recieve a cents compensation either.

https://westernweekender.com.au/201...ad of Rugby,confirmed the news this afternoon.

Kilkenny

Coach
To be fair we get the benefit of having a constant flow of nrl ready players so we shouldn't have "premiership windows" but be constantly competitive if not top 4.

Well I guess we have enjoyed success based in the work initiated by Gould when he returned to the club. He was instrumental in developing junior pathways which have certainly contributed to our successes of consistent finals appearances with the exception of Ivan’s first season back in charge. This season is very important for our future going forward, we need to build on our achievements of last season. I think it is going to be tough equaling or bettering what we achieved last season and I will probably be slandered for being a negative Nellie for saying that. It’s a tough competition, you need things to go your way and have a slice of good fortune to finish top four. Am I optimistic absolutely, but if things don’t fall our way, I will understand it and there may be valid reasons why we don’t deliver in our premiership favouritism which is largely bullshit anyway.

Kilkenny

Coach
Before I get blasted for it, I simply make the point the betting odds are meaningless, not saying we can’t win the GF or make the top four just saying whatever odds we are don’t mean anything in the overall scheme of things.

Jane Murray

Bench
Penrith Panthers and the Clearys cotinue to live rent free in the heads of the Penrith Faithful.

Like others have said, surely it's time for W/T and their faithful to build a bridge and move on.

It is interesting to note that Pascoe did this in 2015......(whilst were are highlighting history). Penrith though didn't recieve a cents compensation either.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2015/09/panthers-boss-quits-to-join-tigers/#:~:text=Penrith Panthers Head of Rugby,confirmed the news this afternoon.
You will confuse them. Half does not know the meaning of the word hypocritical.

WestyLife

First Grade
Well I guess we have enjoyed success based in the work initiated by Gould when he returned to the club. He was instrumental in developing junior pathways which have certainly contributed to our successes of consistent finals appearances with the exception of Ivan’s first season back in charge. This season is very important for our future going forward, we need to build on our achievements of last season. I think it is going to be tough equaling or bettering what we achieved last season and I will probably be slandered for being a negative Nellie for saying that. It’s a tough competition, you need things to go your way and have a slice of good fortune to finish top four. Am I optimistic absolutely, but if things don’t fall our way, I will understand it and there may be valid reasons why we don’t deliver in our premiership favouritism which is largely bullshit anyway.

It is a tough comp. 5% down and the other top 6 teams will take you. Gotta be ruthless and consistent.

The_Frog

First Grade
They tend to come in bunches though, like the group that came through at Parra around 1980 and the Raiders of 89 or so.