What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Membership

Dogs Of War

Coach
There's always going to be issues. Particularly with this year and COVID. The Storm had all sorts of issues getting theirs up.

It's not like you think of it after the grand final is played. Those sorts of things should be settled by the end of July after you have done your accounts for the financial year, so you could then probably send out renewals valid for say 3 mths after the season is completed. Early sign up bonus's. Then you have a push around Xmas, and one just before the season. And really the NRL should be ensuring that all clubs have this setup and are brought into the 21st century.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's not like you think of it after the grand final is played. Those sorts of things should be settled by the end of July after you have done your accounts for the financial year, so you could then probably send out renewals valid for say 3 mths after the season is completed. Early sign up bonus's. Then you have a push around Xmas, and one just before the season. And really the NRL should be ensuring that all clubs have this setup and are brought into the 21st century.
Like I said, this year was an outlier - a later Grand Final and COVID concerns would be playing into a lot of clubs' plans.

Id say the 3 clubs not reporting at this time last year , Broncos Sharks & Titans would have had a tally of something like 35 to 37K
meaning we had around 237 to 239K members all up at this point last year

the 6 clubs not reporting ATM .. Broncos , the premiers Melbourne .. Cowboys , Penrith , Sharks & Titans
i think would reasonably be expected to have 90K members between them

meaning we're at around 245 to 247K members.
guess work... but id say pretty close to the mark

This Year?

Immortal
I wonder why the 6 clubs are yet to supply. It would be really interesting to see the Panthers' numbers after the season they just had and also given the increase in membership to their Western Sydney rivals.

sempmrh

Juniors
Still waiting for my Storm membership pack and no sign of when it might be coming other than 'we'll begin sending them in late February'. Cutting it very fine considering our first home game is in three weeks.

moffla

Bench
Still waiting for my Storm membership pack and no sign of when it might be coming other than 'we'll begin sending them in late February'. Cutting it very fine considering our first home game is in three weeks.

Worst case they'll just send us an e-ticket for the souths game

azza29

Juniors
Worst case they'll just send us an e-ticket for the souths game
I suspect the membership cards will be mostly symbolic this year, given COVID distancing requirements it's likely the seating will be allocated on a round-by-round basis with a new ticket issued for each game.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Gee gotta feel for Manly fans. If this article is accurate, then they are being gouged deluxe - https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/manly-...-fans-revolt-as-ticket-prices-released_180221
Well when you already aren't getting the numbers through the gate to support the business, and then add difficult times on top of that, then the club has to make up the financial difference somehow, and if you are unwilling to make meaningful changes to the club to attract more customers and diversify it's income streams (which has traditionally been the case with Manly fans), then inevitably that will result in price gouging.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well when you already aren't getting the numbers through the gate to support the business, and then add difficult times on top of that, then the club has to make up the financial difference somehow, and if you are unwilling to make meaningful changes to the club to attract more customers and diversify it's income streams (which has traditionally been the case with Manly fans), then inevitably that will result in price gouging.

given they had a sub 9k crowd avg a couple of years ago I guess they don’t see fan revenue as that important!