What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
Their spine is pretty close to the worst in the comp.

They have a strong forward pack but stuff all depth.

They surely aren’t relying on Laurie just to come in and be a ball playing fullback in the NRL?? He hasn’t got anywhere near enough game time under his belt for that.

I think the benefit of moving Douehi to 6 and Mbye into the sun is a positive of them getting Laurie as well.

Regardless of where the tigers finish they will be watching the mighty panthers holding up the trophy

My theory is that Ivan either forgot about Nado or Nado -he forgot his mouth guard and Ivan sent him home to get it before he could play.

But that doesn’t excuse the worst pass ever thrown in a grand final. That was over-smug.

And then afterwards he said he would’ve thrown it again. No humility, no insight and no care for the broken hearted panthera fans. Proud and way up himself. I was embarrassed for you.

At the Tiges, we would have belted young chin after the game. Instead, poor Josh gets sacked the next day and chin gets the captaincy lol.

Smug has wrecked the Mighty Panthers except Kiks and Dylan.

Young chin as captain? Come on, that’s gross nepotism.

That darling angel of a daughter Ivan has ( the tiger supporter), she’ll be running the licenced club soon.
Reducing the pay outs on the machines. 5 Panthers “ Momo gold” bonus lines goes beserk and pays 5 cents.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I thought Silverdale that Nathan said 'I would throw the pass again, but I would execute the pass better'. Later on in the same interview. He agreed that it was a 'pretty dreadful pass'.

I hope Daine Laurie gets the fullback position at W/T he is a quality kid. I wish him all the luck in the world exceot when playing the mighty mighty Penrith Panthers. I also wish Tamou and Mansour well at their new clubs, except when playing against us.

I must admit even with the protracted decisions re players, no one from management has suggested that a player who chooses to leave should be put on 'lawn mowing duties'.

I do understand Silverdale it's quite challenging to get good help, especially when your team struggles during competition rounds, and misses the finals. Perhaps that is an issue for W/T management too, as in signing or re-signing staffs.

You know do hey employ the ones that 'John West' (or in this case Penrith Panthers reject.

I do think it's very poor form to call folks names and to poke fun at someone's physical appearance. That is not (in my opinion) an appropriate thing to do. Sure challenge them about how they play.....but not how they look. In some circles your continual references to Nathan as being 'chin' or Ivan as 'Chin's father. Not a very pleasant thing to do is it ?

I'm also very sure that none of the words will change the way Silverdale behaves when he comes calling in the Penrith Panthers forum. Just remember to wipe your feet before entering and use your manners when visiting.

Jane Murray

Bench
My theory is that Ivan either forgot about Nado or Nado -he forgot his mouth guard and Ivan sent him home to get it before he could play.

But that doesn’t excuse the worst pass ever thrown in a grand final. That was over-smug.

And then afterwards he said he would’ve thrown it again. No humility, no insight and no care for the broken hearted panthera fans. Proud and way up himself. I was embarrassed for you.

At the Tiges, we would have belted young chin after the game. Instead, poor Josh gets sacked the next day and chin gets the captaincy lol.

Smug has wrecked the Mighty Panthers except Kiks and Dylan.

Young chin as captain? Come on, that’s gross nepotism.

That darling angel of a daughter Ivan has ( the tiger supporter), she’ll be running the licenced club soon.
Reducing the pay outs on the machines. 5 Panthers “ Momo gold” bonus lines goes beserk and pays 5 cents.
I am surprised you know the meaning of the world nepotism? Nathan is an outstanding player, much better than what Luke Brookes is.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm in awe of Silverdale editing skills. They appear to know no bounds, so to speak.

A response might look quite factual, but when you check back later, you realise that Silverdale's been at it again, editing the life and often chnaging the meaning of his original post.

I wonder does W/T management do the same with contracts. Cause it does appear that a good number of players who sign there in great faith, come away quite disallusioned at their non comprehensable workings, and ongoing strategies. Perhaps Mathew Elliott could help out in this matter ?

I do not think that Nathan Cleary has the age, experience, composure or leadership qualities to captain the Penrith Panthers.

I feel there are other players who are much more worthy of this position.

If the club hierarchy feels that his appointment will be free of question marks, innuendo and adverse considerations they are mistaken.

This is beyond smug, it’s wrong.

How dare they make a space available for this kid next to the likes of a Simmons, Wallace or Terry Wickey.

The captaincy is supposed to be earned and not brought about by seemingly other factors.

This kind of thing is ok for the Panther elite, but not for the rank and file.

It looks very miserable from the outside. Closed shop up there. A club within a club and I think its cheerleaders should be a bit more concerned.

I suspect the reign will go on for many years and my bet is that opportunities will be provided to some and not others. Once a club is beholden to a few people, trouble comes with it. The Footy Five.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I do not think that Nathan Cleary has the age, experience, composure or leadership qualities to captain the Penrith Panthers.

If the club hierarchy feels that his appointment will be free of question marks, innuendo and adverse considerations they are mistaken.

How dare they make a space available for this kid next to the likes of a Simmons, Wallace or Terry Wickey.

The captaincy is supposed to be earned and not brought about by seemingly other factors.
How many players actually earn it? Tamou has never played a game for Tigers and was handed it.

Hunt has done nothing but crumble under pressure in big games and was handed it.

Its nearly always other factors determining who is captain.

How many players actually earn it? Tamou has never played a game for Tigers and was handed it.

Hunt has done nothing but crumble under pressure in big games and was handed it.

I think you are missing the obvious connection mx.

Anyone with a pulse can captain the Tigers at the moment! That’s not my point.

Theres no “ Madge” in Tamou plus he’s a ready made leader. The best in the comp. if he did his apprenticeship elsewhere, especially with you guys and your historic and incredible 2020 season that’s better for us. We went after him with both paws!

I think it is appropriate to raise it here instead of home forum or elsewhere.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Nathan Cleary has been made co Captain along with Isaah Yeo. I personally would have preferred with Yeo being made captain, and Nathan made Vice Captain. Although I can live with both him and Isaah sharing the captancy load both on and off the field.

I believe Nathan's Tic Tok episode in 2020 showed a level of arrogance and a lack of maturity. As my older brother said at the time 'It's as though Nathan believed that the rules don't apply to him.' I found this especially galling when he was fined and then banned for attempting to mislead the NRL and the wider community. Hopefully Nathan Cleary learnt some huge lessons about life, about honesty. I would like to see Nathan Cleary carry this into the future.

During games Nathan Cleary does show leadership qualities of a captain, off field I believe he is in the process of learning. Nathan during games though when the going gets tough needs to learn how to fight for the game and the contest at hand (especially when things in the game are going against Penrith). Hopefully this also will improve this year.

I don't know how this year and how his co captaincy with Yeo will pan out. Will it be like Matty Moylan's captaincy, or like Kevin Kingston's or Peter Wallace's time will tell.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I find it 'laughable' that James Tamou has been made Captain without ever 'spilling blood' so to speak in W/t colours.

The coaching staffs at W/T must have been desparing at the lack of leadership within the club to do this.

I stuck up for Nathan tik toc because he was abused by the government and I felt that jeopardised his legal case ( if it eventuated).

On the balance of things, I don’t think he’s a good choice right now at least. Maybe in 3 or 4 years.

The perception is bad and as I said, I worry that there are influences growing in the club that detract from decisions based on merit.

And the club should be guided and embrace merit as the way forward. And merit thrives on opportunity. Otherwise it places restraint on talent which will lift the club further and sustain its ambitions.

Otherwise you get into a dragons situation with Mary etc and change is hard to effect.

The tigers have no place in this discussion at all. This is about the Panthers, but I guess Tamou is captain on sheer basic merit. That’s right. Very deserved captain and hopefully effective. He did a great job last year.

Whilst the club within the club remains, Nate will be captain for the term of his career and you watch Ivan get renewed for time immemorial. Closed shop. Back to the bad old days is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Silverdale (you and your post editing of posts again)

'A club within a club and I think the cheergirls should be more concerned'

What does this comment mean ?

What are you actually saying ?

The_Frog

First Grade
Whilst the club within the club remains, Nate will be captain for the term of his career and you watch Ivan get renewed for time immemorial. Closed shop. Back to the bad old days is a distinct possibility.
No-one accused John Lang of this shite with his son in the side, or at the Sharks for that matter. Ivan will get the flick when he is no longer getting the desired results.