What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

mxlegend99

Referee
I think you are missing the obvious connection mx.

Anyone with a pulse can captain the Tigers at the moment! That’s not my point.

Theres no “ Madge” in Tamou plus he’s a ready made leader. The best in the comp. if he did his apprenticeship elsewhere, especially with you guys and your historic and incredible 2020 season that’s better for us. We went after him with both paws!

I think it is appropriate to raise it here instead of home forum or elsewhere.
You said players should earn it and not get it for other reasons.

Tamou hasn't earned it. Therefore he got it for other reasons. He hasn't even played a game for the Tigers or alongside most of these guys he is now captaining.

I have no issue with him being captain of Tigers. Certainly a better option than f**kwits like BJ Leilua or James Roberts, or talentless hacks like Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye. The point was he didn't earn it. He got it because there were no leaders in the Tigers playing group.

Jane Murray

Bench
I do not think that Nathan Cleary has the age, experience, composure or leadership qualities to captain the Penrith Panthers.

I feel there are other players who are much more worthy of this position.

If the club hierarchy feels that his appointment will be free of question marks, innuendo and adverse considerations they are mistaken.

This is beyond smug, it’s wrong.

How dare they make a space available for this kid next to the likes of a Simmons, Wallace or Terry Wickey.

The captaincy is supposed to be earned and not brought about by seemingly other factors.

This kind of thing is ok for the Panther elite, but not for the rank and file.

It looks very miserable from the outside. Closed shop up there. A club within a club and I think its cheerleaders should be a bit more concerned.

I suspect the reign will go on for many years and my bet is that opportunities will be provided to some and not others. Once a club is beholden to a few people, trouble comes with it. The Footy Five.
Nathan has played 100 first grade games. He has played 8 state of origin games, with only one series lost. He is also vice captain of NSW, and you say that he is not worthy of his position? Really? Tell me what players are?

murraymob

Coach
Silverdale
You old Penrith shagger.just admit you bombed out with the ladies at the connection night club in the 80s 90s then converted to a tiger
Up the nighty panthers lol

No-one accused John Lang of this shite with his son in the side, or at the Sharks for that matter. Ivan will get the flick when he is no longer getting the desired results.

A poor and somewhat upsetting comparison.

Mr Lang did not select his son to be captain when the lad was 23.

Mr Lang was one of the games great innovators and we recently discussed his selection of players on sheer merit. In particular, his encouragement and support of players from Islander and indigenous backgrounds. If they could play, he would select them.

His son Martin put his heart and soul into every game he played, so much so, the whole league feared for his well being and safety. Very few players in the game commanded such care and concern from the masses. He was a genuine people’s player and an elite footballer in his own right. I worry about Boyd and Keary these days.

To compare Mr Lang to Ivan in this context is disrespectful.

John Lang is one of the few people who left the heights of our game in better shape than whence he found it. I for one, I simply won’t accept his name being used in vain.

A low blow and frogster, I suspect you’ve gone too far on this one. Shame on you my friend, you are better than this.

And let’s not discuss the poor treatment Mr Lang received when he was summarily sacked by the club for ME. I hope the club does not revisit this unethical period. No good came from it. A fight with the president in the first week if I recall.

Last edited: