What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

panthersam

Juniors
I’ve got no issue that. They are signed sealed and delivered.

I feel differently to the vast majority on here, I feel a certain loyalty, to loyal servants.

At the end of the day, the brains trust made decisions around our salary cap, they made tough decisions, some sad such as in the case with Josh, but all good, all I have ever alluded too is we should have had our roster sorted going into 2021. It is not ideal we haven’t, but I’m sure we will overcome it.

I too would love to be as loyal as possible but also understand that it’s a machine that needs evolving to be successful in this competition - I try my best not to get TOO emotionally attached to any one player anymore (which is hard) as I’ve seen some of my favourites walk right out the door in the past.

In terms of being loyal to loyal servants, Sauce’s loyalty to us over the years was more than repaid back with the large contract he was last handed which was probably overs for what he was producing at the time.

f**k I keep sounding like I hate Mansour or something lol I really don’t, I loved him for every minute he was at this club - but now was the time to move on and loyalty alone I don’t think should have seen him given another contract.

panthersam

Juniors
while good it's still not official and we have a bunch of spots still open.

I think it’s close enough to being official, it would probably be very hard for any other team to fit a player of his quality and price into their team at this stage now I’d say!

Plus the almighty Blade has spoken and that seems like it’s something that is close enough to an official announcement haha

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I too would love to be as loyal as possible but also understand that it’s a machine that needs evolving to be successful in this competition - I try my best not to get TOO emotionally attached to any one player anymore (which is hard) as I’ve seen some of my favourites walk right out the door in the past.

In terms of being loyal to loyal servants, Sauce’s loyalty to us over the years was more than repaid back with the large contract he was last handed which was probably overs for what he was producing at the time.

f**k I keep sounding like I hate Mansour or something lol I really don’t, I loved him for every minute he was at this club - but now was the time to move on and loyalty alone I don’t think should have seen him given another contract.

If I can recover from losing Freddy, I can recover from losing anyone....

WestyLife

First Grade
Luai will be after the All Stars match.
Cheers mate. I appreciate the info though I don't need you to take time out to reassure me as happens sometimes on here, I know they'll re-sign obviously believed you from the get go. just a better topic of discussion for the Signings thread lol.

panthersam

Juniors
On those spots open. Would you rather have them open or filled with bums just for the sake of it?

While it would be good to have the whole top 30 training together already, I don’t really see this as an issue as others do :shrug:♂️

We know that we have our top 17 already and I’m sure at least one back up in each position ready to go also, anyone that will come into the Top 30 now to fill those last few spots probably won’t be anywhere near first grade anyway at this point.

Plus with the rules being changed we can play anyone outside of the Top 30 if need be too!

WestyLife

First Grade
On those spots open. Would you rather have them open or filled with bums just for the sake of it?

While it would be good to have the whole top 30 training together already, I don’t really see this as an issue as others do :shrug:♂️

We know that we have our top 17 already and I’m sure at least one back up in each position ready to go also, anyone that will come into the Top 30 now to fill those last few spots probably won’t be anywhere near first grade anyway at this point.

Plus with the rules being changed we can play anyone outside of the Top 30 if need be too!

Not until round 11.

Obviously it's going to be juniors at this stage. That's pretty obvious.

Original Name

Juniors
@Blade23 Do you know if J'maine Hopgood is the type of lock forward that can ball play? 1 or 2 injuries at lock and I imagine Ivan would rather shift a more experienced player there but I remember Gus saying he plays very mature for his age so if he can serve as that link player role that Yeo does I'd rather have him in the team over we can keep that link role alive. All I know about him is that he has a high work rate, does a lot of tough stuff and seems pretty respected in the lower grade teams he played in.

franklin2323

Immortal
@Blade23 Do you know if J'maine Hopgood is the type of lock forward that can ball play? 1 or 2 injuries at lock and I imagine Ivan would rather shift a more experienced player there but I remember Gus saying he plays very mature for his age so if he can serve as that link player role that Yeo does I'd rather have him in the team over we can keep that link role alive. All I know about him is that he has a high work rate, does a lot of tough stuff and seems pretty respected in the lower grade teams he played in.

Nope he isn't he is more like Martin

Luke Bain is named to play tomorrow fits that role. He is the one Blade said that had been belting guys in training

franklin2323

Immortal

Yep we have our even depth guys sorted. We are talking major injury depth