What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

boardlumps62

Juniors
Except for one thing - there is no Diamond Beach at Coffs to my knowledge. Sapphire Beach and Emerald Beach yes, but no Diamond Beach.
Actually what is called Sandy Beach just south of Woolgoolga was AKA Diamond Beach and Diamond Headland in the late 1960's/70's. This I remember was when it was subdivided and sold off trying glamorize the area.

Drewbrees

Juniors
Hi RV,

l’ve driven down to Sydney a couple of times of late and just wanted to report that the main highway now bypasses all the northern towns like Woodbine, Ulmarra, Grafton etc.

3 hours from the Gold Coast use to get me to the old BP amongst the cane field just near the Clarence River at MaClean.... now l get to Sapphire Beach at Coffs on 3 hrs.

It shaves about 30-45 minutes off your trip.
Anyway, all the best.
Hey mate, I live at Yamba. How good is the new highway, it was worth the 5 years of pain whilst it was being built.

Drakon

Juniors
Actually what is called Sandy Beach just south of Woolgoolga was AKA Diamond Beach and Diamond Headland in the late 1960's/70's. This I remember was when it was subdivided and sold off trying glamorize the area.
I know there's a Diamond Head Drive which is the main drive into Sandy Beach but didn't know the history you mentioned. Can't find any reference to it online.
My niece lives at Sandy and she didn't know anything of the Diamond Beach name. I've left it with her to find out more.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A few things have changed in the pecking order by the looks of it so my predicted CC team would be;
1.Dufty
2.Rava/JP
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Ramsey
6.Sullivan (Norman is suspended for round 1)
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.Macca
10.Lawrie
11. Sims
12.Fuimaono
13. Hunt (A smoky but he looks solid)
14.Ford (Will need cover for Bird)
15.Kerr
16.Alvaro
17.Faamausuli
If Hunt doesn't play lock probably Lawrie will with Ellis coming into the side. The Feagai bro's didnt really grab their chance but once the season starts they can build their season and not have to try to do it in short stints in a trial. For round 1 it is going to be interesting because I wouldn't risk Macca for 80 minutes so we probably need a hooker on the bench but we also need cover for Bird which will likely mean playing two props, a hooker and either Ford or Fuimaono to cover back row/centre. Obviously I realise the bench in the CC is larger than 17.

possm

Coach
A few things have changed in the pecking order by the looks of it so my predicted CC team would be;
1.Dufty
2.Rava/JP
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Ramsey
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.Macca
10.Lawrie
11. Sims
12.Fuimaono
15.Kerr
16.Alvaro
17.Faamausuli
If Hunt doesn't play lock probably Lawrie will with Ellis coming into the side. The Feagai bro's didnt really grab their chance but once the season starts they can build their season and not have to try to do it in short stints in a trial. For round 1 it is going to be interesting because I wouldn't risk Macca for 80 minutes so we probably need a hooker on the bench but we also need cover for Bird which will likely mean playing two props, a hooker and either Ford or Fuimaono to cover back row/centre. Obviously I realise the bench in the CC is larger than 17.
So it seems the players that did not play in the trials are selected on last years form. I doubt that they would have done any better than the players who played in the trial. To me it seems that, fittness wise, our squad is not at peak fitness and not match ready right now. They are being flogged and will play much better as training returns to a lighter schedule.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So it seems the players that did not play in the trials are selected on last years form. I doubt that they would have done any better than the players who played in the trial. To me it seems that, fittness wise, our squad is not at peak fitness and not match ready right now. They are being flogged and will play much better as training returns to a lighter schedule.
Im not sure if that will be the starting side but I wouldn't be shocked if it was close. J.Hunt is a massive smoky to start at lock but I liked what I saw from him and wouldn't shock me to see him promoted from his train and trial deal.

Reactions: jak

Banjo2014

Juniors
1.Dufty
2.Rava/JP
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Ramsey
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.Macca
10.Lawrie
11. Sims
12.Fuimaono
15.Kerr
16.Alvaro
17.Faamausuli
NO NO NO NO Fuimaono

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
NO NO NO NO Fuimaono
We will see how he goes in the All Stars game tonight. Could play his way into the side. I rate Ford and still think he has a great future but man he really didn't impress me in the trials. He does look infinitely better when on the left though. Sims should move to the right he would be much better at handling the position change than Ford would.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Hey mate, I live at Yamba. How good is the new highway, it was worth the 5 years of pain whilst it was being built.

Hi buddy,
Yes, it’s great but l can’t understand the new bridge on the Clarence river.
Why is it so tall, yet the pylons are so close that only small craft would get thru?

Surely it’s an eyesore for the good people of Harwood, Chatsworth & Maclean.

Crush

Coach
We will see how he goes in the All Stars game tonight. Could play his way into the side. I rate Ford and still think he has a great future but man he really didn't impress me in the trials. He does look infinitely better when on the left though. Sims should move to the right he would be much better at handling the position change than Ford would.
Fuimaono is one of our better options at 12. I’m a fan.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I wasn’t aware of that before, all I know is many locals refer to “Sandy” as Sandfly Beach.
Don't know about that but there certainly is sandflies down at Moonee on the way to Coffs. And there was a Billboard (around 1970 era) as one came into Woolgoolga near the Temple that said "Woolgoolga has everything except Sandflies". Just loved that sign.

Dragon David

First Grade
1.Dufty
2.Rava/JP
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Ramsey
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.Macca
10.Lawrie
11. Sims
12.Fuimaono
15.Kerr
16.Alvaro
17.Faamausuli
Great team for CC what would be your team for the CS at Mudgee? Sorry FCD, I think you could be close to the mark with your team.

Latest posts