What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021 Trials

Perth Tiger

Bench
You are definitely correct here but it's going to be a half cocked trial. It's not the end of the world if we don't win 50 nil.

Agreed with that, score line doesn't matter. But I want to see first graders or players that would consider themselves first graders act and look the part against kids and career reserve graders.

It is that type of attitude that we need to develop so we can start to show some consistency in the season rather than beating good teams one week then losing to wooden spooners the next.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Very surprised to see Laurie named at 6. Should we be reading into this at all?

If he was brought in to challenge Mbye for fullback role you would think that they would play him at 1 to see what he's got...

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
You are definitely correct here but it's going to be a half cocked trial. It's not the end of the world if we don't win 50 nil.

I think there will be a lot of energy in this trial, like Perth said there is plenty of players playing for NRL spots / an NRL contract

Vic Mackey

Referee
It will be very disappointing if we don't win this game comfortably. The Roosters side doesn't have a single player who will go close to playing first grade this year while we have 3 certain players in the top 17 (Liddle, Stefano and Talau) and another half a dozen that would be expecting to play a significant part of the season in top grade

Means nothing mate. Plus I don’t think it’s a proper trial, reportedly a game of scrimmage. I think one team gets the ball for 40mins then they swap at halftime. Won’t bother me if we lose 30-0, just want no injuries.

Keen to see Stefano, Simpkin, Simpkins and Hoffman the most. Hoffman has put on an insane amount of size and is still only 19, I’ll be surprised if he isn’t out starting center in 2022.

super_coach

First Grade
Means nothing mate. Plus I don’t think it’s a proper trial, reportedly a game of scrimmage. I think one team gets the ball for 40mins then they swap at halftime. Won’t bother me if we lose 30-0, just want no injuries.

Keen to see Stefano, Simpkin, Simpkins and Hoffman the most. Hoffman has put on an insane amount of size and is still only 19, I’ll be surprised if he isn’t out starting center in 2022.

Thought I read somewhere they have now decided to play a normal game. Could be wrong. You would think if it’s been streamed they would play a normal game, not much point streaming a contact session

Tigerm

First Grade

Only means nothing, if we lose Vic.
If we beat them, well, we’ll have bragging rights for ever, probably go on to win the premiership and they take the spoon:joy::joy::joy:

WA Tiger

Bench

That’s good. When Hoffman got his chance last time with the top team I really liked how he kept hitting the line like he was a big guy with no fear time after time despite not making much of a dent. I always thought he deserved another chance. So he’s learnt from that one (I think) game and hit the weights to make sure next time it’s different...I’m looking forward to seeing him then...

The good thing with 6 is it should only take one half to see if Laurie's got what it takes there under pressure

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
That’s good. When Hoffman got his chance last time with the top team I really liked how he kept hitting the line like he was a big guy with no fear time after time despite not making much of a dent. I always thought he deserved another chance. So he’s learnt from that one (I think) game and hit the weights to make sure next time it’s different...I’m looking forward to seeing him then...

The good thing with 6 is it should only take one half to see if Laurie's got what it takes there under pressure
Agree about Hoffman’s admirable effort in debut game although I was disappointed with his lack of speed.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Gee you are not wrong on Hoffman. Thought it was Seyfarth on his first hit up until I saw his number

Vozzy

Juniors
Simpkins looked quite dangerous, Stefano had good carries, I also liked number 12 tuilagi. Otherwise some forwards look a bit ill disciplined by hanging around the ruck. Talau looks good in attack but poor in defence. Fullback looked lazy give Laurie a crack. Otherwise standard reserve grade from both sides who haven't played much in the last 12 months.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Any updates boys?
We lost 22 to 28

some decent individual performances, Simpkin, Simpkins, Stefano, Madden and Laurie in particular.

I thought it was a high quality match considering most of those players haven’t played for about a year.

But they was nothing there that indicates we might be in for a good season (or bad for that matter)

macnaz

Staff member
Roosters 28 Tigers 22
Weststigers DNA all over that abortion. Yep only a trial but it had all the hallmarks of a typical Weststigers loss..... Laurie was good and showed he is worthy of NRL.

stryker

First Grade
We lost 22 to 28

some decent individual performances, Simpkin, Simpkins, Stefano, Madden and Laurie in particular.

I thought it was a high quality match considering most of those players haven’t played for about a year.

But they was nothing there that indicates we might be in for a good season (or bad for that matter)
Cool thanks man. How was the discipline? A lot of hotheads in the team this year.

Latest posts