What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman suspended

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think the CS will determine who takes the #6.

Clune would have to play poorly to not be the front runner for game 1.
Bud has has 2 good games in the trials, however, the CS will roll out most of both teams top 17 and if Bud plays it would be 3 games in 2 weeks.

possm

Coach
Hopefully we win the first game, Sullivan has a blinder and keeps the 6 jumper for the rest of the season.
Yes, and that is a possibility. So why not sack Norman and use the extra cap to buy an edge forward?

BLM01

First Grade
Bearing in mind that this follows an NRL investigation.......with details that we’ll not know about.....not a fan of the governing body but how the hell can we know what happened on the night.

Enter Sullivan.

Suspensions only served in Proper Nrl games not trials - hence Blacker allowed to play v Eels.
Agree re the governing body and consistency..what consistency!!!
Fair?...for me fine sufficient but...but..but..
If that was all, the club may have suspended him for a game anyway as they just got back earlier that day from a tough boot camp
Happy for Clune...I think Sullivan has got the game and the vision to be a great half but needs bit more time practising timing etc..he will get his chance this year

Provocation, Corey stepped up for mate being vilified because of race wasn’t it?

If so, be should be given the f**king captaincy.

If so, I stand with him and I’d support a player strike in his honour.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I was thinking the same possm except judging by the trials so far Hook seems to like Williame in the centres - a step down from Aitken in my opinion.

I thought Norman would get 2 - 4 weeks and a fine but one week will do. I'd love to see Sullivan in the 6 but Hook will we looking for a first up win and reckoning on experienced players to deliver one.
I still think Wiliame is a step above Aitken. At least he can pass.

This Year?

Immortal
None of us know what happened before the footage started and although I can't stand the bloke, I think the punishment is fair.
Cody Walker got 2 weeks and a suspended $15k fine in a comparable incident.
Maybe whenever he goes out in future, he goes with more than 1 friend and takes a taxi/uber home which I guess is the norm for most people in this day and age.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How is what Norman done worse than Naden? Wow. Defending a mate is worse than taking drugs apparently.

Anyway, big chance for Sullivan to get a crack in the halves. Or Clune but Sullivan really looks the goods so far. I hope he gets first crack.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, and that is a possibility. So why not sack Norman and use the extra cap to buy an edge forward?

Tut , tut possum ! You know there are times when I think that you don’t like the chap ?

But whatever - he has 2 weeks off and if he needs any further inducement that he has a very short life-span in the top grade then this is it . He must perform or he will be playing in the lower grades .

On the other hand perhaps there maybe someone in the hierarchy that has enough nouse to say to him “ Here’s a cheque for $500k Corey - have an early end to the season “ . The Dragons would be saving themselves $350k (?) to take up possum’s suggestion - worth a try ?

ALSGI

Bench
Hopefully we win the first game, Sullivan has a blinder and keeps the 6 jumper for the rest of the season.
Hope you’re right mate, but Norman still gets to play CS next week so who knows how Hook will play him an Sullivan?

goldiesaintz

Juniors
With all the different indiscretions by players across the clubs, is it just me or do the Dragons always seem to get the raw end of the deal.

We always seem to be hit hardest, cop the fine or suspension when players from other clubs either gain an immediate relief or reprieve, no fine or little to no suspension for a similar scenario.

We Dragons we seem to have our players made an example of.

I try to keep a balanced and fair view on the trails & tribulations but keep arriving at the assumption that always seem to be getting shafted.

Your thoughts?

Drakon

Juniors
With all the different indiscretions by players across the clubs, is it just me or do the Dragons always seem to get the raw end of the deal.

We always seem to be hit hardest, cop the fine or suspension when players from other clubs either gain an immediate relief or reprieve, no fine or little to no suspension for a similar scenario.

We Dragons we seem to have our players made an example of.

I try to keep a balanced and fair view on the trails & tribulations but keep arriving at the assumption that always seem to be getting shafted.

Your thoughts?
Yep, like Frizell touching a ref- seen it in other games and nothing happened!

Como Connection

First Grade
I think the CS will determine who takes the #6.

Clune would have to play poorly to not be the front runner for game 1.
Bud has has 2 good games in the trials, however, the CS will roll out most of both teams top 17 and if Bud plays it would be 3 games in 2 weeks.
Correct, Clune must be next in line.
CC