What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Arthur

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lol

He has one good game (and a trial game, at that!) , and merkins get a vinegar strokes-y over him.

I suppose Papali'i is the best second-rower in the world, given he was outstanding in the trial against the Dragons?

Good luck to Stefano - Kaufusi will be the better player. I'm sure of it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lol

He has one good game (and a trial game, at that!) , and merkins get a vinegar strokes-y over him.

I suppose Papali'i is the best second-rower in the world, given he was outstanding in the trial against the Dragons?

Good luck to Stefano - Kaufusi will be the better player. I'm sure of it.

People talked up Kafusi in the trial. I thought Hollis was the better of the two tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok. Point form.
Stefano played good.
rhyno is a wanker.
It looks like some of you now think that Mitchy is not the Messiah.

I hope he goes well. He looked a bit sluggish to me. Kafusi accelerates like he has been shot out of a cannon in comparrison. But I had only seen limited times in NSW CUP. A big off-season may of changed this.

Eelementary

Post Whore
People talked up Kafusi in the trial. I thought Hollis was the better of the two tbh.

Tbh, me, personally, I liked Hollis - but his physicality isn't up to First Grade standard just yet.

He would make one good run, and then get dominated on the next.

He's definitely a future First Grade player, but he is probably 12 to 18 months away, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like Utoikamanu, and was disappointed he left.

But even in NSW Cup, his performances didn't compare favourably to Kaufusi's, imo.

If the club's choice came down to keeping Oregon, or Stefano, I believe we made the right call.

The Rosco

Bench
I like Utoikamanu, and was disappointed he left.

But even in NSW Cup, his performances didn't compare favourably to Kaufusi's, imo.

If the club's choice came down to keeping Oregon, or Stefano, I believe we made the right call.
Spot on.
Sometimes, the club decides to keep the right one.
Other times, we let Papenhuyzen leave so we can "keep" Tedesco.
Strider, he wouldn't have time to hang here. He's always bustin balls over in WT land.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Spot on.
Sometimes, the club decides to keep the right one.
Other times, we let Papenhuyzen leave so we can "keep" Tedesco.
Strider, he wouldn't have time to hang here. He's always bustin balls over in WT land.

Genuinely - I wish Utoikamanu the best.

It sucks about Tedesco - but nobody can compete with the Roosters, and their third party sponsorship deals.

chiefy1

Juniors
One thing on Utokimanu, sure he makes some great meters fresh, but I think the club may have taken the new faster rules into consideration. It will be even faster this year and Utoki is still a massive unit. Should be interesting to see if he can get back in defense.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tbh, me, personally, I liked Hollis - but his physicality isn't up to First Grade standard just yet.

He's definitely a future First Grade player, but he is probably 12 to 18 months away, imo.

TCT made a good point, a lot of those boys in the trial have played bugger all footy for nearly 18 months. Hollis only played a few games last year in a pissy Sydney 20’s comp just to get some footy. Others played some school footy last year.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. He hasn't played against men and is 19. But he has very fast acceleration a big motor and light in his feet. Remind me of Tamou.

TheRam

Coach
I just watched the replay. @TheRam I would like to hear your thoughts.

For mine.

Hollis was everywhere. Tackling and running. His movement is excellent and runs hard. Once he puts on a little more muscle and strength he will be a very good prop. I like the way he tackle. This big arms wrap the ball up well....

Papali'i looked the most seasoned and match hardened.

Lussick has excellent acceleration from dummy half. He can offer more then I thought.

Arthur - Not slow. He glides well on his feet and ran down Ramsey. Looked more composed then Moses ever has.

Now here is what I also felt.

Penisini could be very good. The way he moves and takes off and sees space. Not the biggest but already looked far more explosive then Opacic. He might be in the NRL come mid season.

The other guy I liked was Naiduku. An unpolished gem. You could see the enthusiasm. Strong and hungry. Could have a very big future. Put him in the black book.

Arthur's,Penisini,Naiuku and Hollis all impressed me. I reckon all 4 will play NRL in their careers. Russell didn't get much of a chance so I didn't take much note. The other wingers did nothing to impress me. Haze looked ok I guess.

Hipgrave looked like a huge plodder. Hollis looked twice as good.

Sorry Hindy I haven't watched the game, so I really can't comment on their performance, but I must say your analysis sounds about right from what we already know of some of these players and is very astute as always.

I am particularly interested in what you saw in Hollis. I have high hopes for him and I'm heartened to hear that he is coming along so well so far. Naiuku I know nothing about and will try to keep an eye out for him.

Hipgrave is one of these players that will never set the world on fire, but will fill a whole when you need experience and a bit of mussel for a short stint of time. He could never challenge someone of real class and ability like that of what Hollis seems to possess if fulfilled at NRL level.

The small sample I have seen of Arthur he reminds me of DCE, but fitter. He seems to have all the skills a halfback needs to succeed, without blistering pace but enough to get the job done. He just needs to keep working on the finer details of his game and he could just be our long term number 7 and future captain in about 3-5 years from now.

Anyway, has anyone got a link to a replay of the game? I wouldn't mind checking it our for myself. Thanks you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok. Point form.
Stefano played good.
rhyno is a wanker.
It looks like some of you now think that Mitchy is not the Messiah.
If we wanted him to be the Messiah we would've paid him top dollar. All we need from Moses is his kicking game and to provide an attacking option on the right side. Interestingly, Arthur Jr is a left side player.

Latest posts