What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Milk Fuller story

and how will he do that? As we saw with Fifita and many others nrl is helpless to stop young men being dckheads, if they get draconian in their penalties everyone will be up in arms including the rlpa. Greenberg tried the carrot by giving them all a massive pay rise and announcing they were now “partners in the game”. Nrl and clubs spend a fortune on education, mentoring and coaching these kids. End of day you can’t stop stupidity.

The only way forward is to call ourselves Union. Won’t stop dickhead behaviour but at least it’ll get swept under the carpet.

Reactions: Vee

taipan

Referee
and how will he do that? As we saw with Fifita and many others nrl is helpless to stop young men being dckheads, if they get draconian in their penalties everyone will be up in arms including the rlpa. Greenberg tried the carrot by giving them all a massive pay rise and announcing they were now “partners in the game”. Nrl and clubs spend a fortune on education, mentoring and coaching these kids. End of day you can’t stop stupidity.

As a cop he has a some idea how to handle repeat offenders.It's bleeding obvious what the NRL has done in the past hasn't worked.
I'm aware you'll never stop everyone from being a d*ckhead that's society ,but if his ideas and recommendations reduce the numbers to what they are ,the that is better than the clusters*ck we now have.
Greenberg is past tense.He was too soft and accommodating.Companies I have worked for wouldn't put up with the cr*p ,you;d be out on your a*se.

Breaking news, my point is only hypothetical now based on info on above post.

_snafu_

Immortal
The ARLC doesn’t need Fuller. They need to issue tasers to NRL Integrity Unit staff to deploy on repeat offenders.

Game_Breaker

Coach
He wasn’t going to fix anything.

There is no quick fix, it’s a cultural change that needs to happen and that takes time

Frailty

First Grade
Honestly, what more can the NRL actually do? The stand-down policy is appropriate to deal with significant crimes, other off-field incidents have been adequately acted on.

As for Fuller, I don't think I would feel comfortable with someone who condoned strip searches of minors to be dictating appropriate behaviour to anyone.

What I found slightly laughable was some players saying the NRL are not doing enough to protect the players. I mean really? What do they expect the NRL to do, employ a few thousand bodyguards for every player in the NRL? :confused:

Frailty

First Grade
What I found slightly laughable was some players saying the NRL are not doing enough to protect the players. I mean really? What do they expect the NRL to do, employ a few thousand bodyguards for every player in the NRL? :confused:

I guess they don't want the NRL to fine players that are allegedly defending themselves. Perhaps even have the NRL or NRLPA provide legal or public support to any players that have been attacked.

Aside from that, I don't think the NRL could do much more.