What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

ALSGI

Bench
Here is mine.
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Clune
7. Hunt (c)
8. Vaughan
9. McCulloch
10. Kerr
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. Lawrie
14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili
17. Sullivan
Looks pretty close imo Crush to what will run out v Sharks.
I’d prefer to see Sullivan in 6rather than Clune (Clune to CC cup as a solid back up) and go with 4 forwards 14-17.
Hope to see Poasa F have a good run v Wabbits.
God I hope we get away with some good digs at the Wabbits and no injuries (or suspensions).

Banjo2014

Juniors
Would play Fuiamono on the Bench and put Sullivan in at 5/8

One thing for the Sharks - Fafita looks fit - slimmed won a lot and is charging on to the ball again

Crush

Coach
Looks pretty close imo Crush to what will run out v Sharks.
I’d prefer to see Sullivan in 6rather than Clune (Clune to CC cup as a solid back up) and go with 4 forwards 14-17.
Hope to see Poasa F have a good run v Wabbits.
God I hope we get away with some good digs at the Wabbits and no injuries (or suspensions).
But AM isn’t an 80 minute player so what happens when he has a break? My thinking was Sullivan into halves with Ben Hunt to dummy half during AM rest minutes.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Here is mine.
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Clune
7. Hunt (c)
8. Vaughan
9. McCulloch
10. Kerr
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. Lawrie
14. Ford
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili
17. Sullivan
It will be good to see how Clune goes in CS, in regards to Kerr starting I'm on the fence about. He definitely is good enough to start but I see him as similar to Vaughan as a taller, faster kind of guy where Alvaro, Lawrie and Faamausuli have that more solid workhorse like build. Its a toss up wether you start with your two most dynamic forwards to get a good start or leave one on the bench to swap in a like for like manner to not let the other team off. If Kerr starts the season well it would be tempting to put Vaughan on the bench tbh. It will surely cause Hook some headaches which way to go.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
McCollough will play as many minutes as Hook wants him to play.
200.gif

George Dragon

Juniors
In 2020 he played 10 games and averaged 65 mins
In 2019 he played 22 games and averaged 65 mins

Averages thats a bit lazy.
7 out of his 10 games last year he played 80 min 2 bench and 1 injured.
2019 16 of his 22 games he played 80min
So it seems he is capable of 80min.
If he has fully recovered from his injury which was 7 months ago why can't he play 80min now.
Also shuffling the spine around mid game, very Maryish.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If he has fully recovered from his injury which was 7 months ago why can't he play 80min now.

If you’re going to poke fun at someone’s use of numbers, using your figures last year he played 70% of games at full capacity, the year before 72%.

So he’s not an 80 min player. If anything, he’s dropping his ability to play 80 mins year on year.

Still trying to work out that initial question as to what we do for nearly 1 in 3 games where he can’t play 80 mins.

Who’s filing in?

You?

Crush

Coach
What would your starting 17 look like?

redv13

Bench
If you’re going to poke fun at someone’s use of numbers, using your figures last year he played 70% of games at full capacity, the year before 72%.

So he’s not an 80 min player. If anything, he’s dropping his ability to play 80 mins year on year.

Still trying to work out that initial question as to what we do for nearly 1 in 3 games where he can’t play 80 mins.

Who’s filing in?

You?
Why don’t you post your 17??

George Dragon

Juniors
What would your starting 17 look like?

I thnk this will be close
We really don't have much options
Ramsey for JP maybe
Alvaro before Merrin.
Also different players starting, Ford to bench Kerr 12. Lock is the big unknown to me, maybe Ellis.
I don't think we should be shuffling the spine and don't think we have anyone else to play 9. We have to get 80min out of McCullough.Screenshot_20210219-212551_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Edit I also think a lot could change after the weekend. Hook still has settled on the 17, so who knows.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Charming. Now post your 1 to 17 for round 1
Why? My only curiosity here is what happens when McCulloch can’t play 80 mins.

Unfortunately the other 16 players in my team list wouldn’t be appealing to someone like you.

Latest posts