What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Apey

Staff member
Djokovic and Nadal are a given for the first two slams each year currently. Wimbledon favours Fed/Djokovic, US Open Nadal/Djokovic. Nadal maaaaaay just keep ahead of Djokovic until he retires but Djokovic will surely go around 1 - 2 seasons minimum longer than Nadal.

Will end up coming down to next Gen and how many they can take off the big guns. Oh god help us all.

Apey

Staff member
This says it all about Federer and when I started to seriously dislike him. The comments by the YouTube subscribers are gold. He is an arrogant, sore loser. He was flying here and then he faced the new King.

Bro your player just won his 18th slam and 9th Aus Open and youre having a meltdown about Federer. Are you okay?

Avenger

Immortal
Bro your player just won his 18th slam and 9th Aus Open and youre having a meltdown about Federer. Are you okay?
It's because whenever my man wins Federer's name is mentioned. Every f**king time. Don't mind Nadal he is a true champion and humble without being smug but the broken Swiss robot can step aside. Him and his delusional supporters.

LatK7

First Grade

There's a strange obsession with the Swiss amongst the Djokovic fanbase. Not sure why one infraction here is called out when Djokovic has enough to fill a book.

LatK7

First Grade
Numbers are nice but Novak is simply a better tennis player than Fed and Rafa

I think Djokovic has the best game for the modern game (racquets, courts), but shot for shot his backhand is better than Fed's, but nothing else. His baseline defence/return has done the trick for him, quite exceptional.

Nadal's is just so unorthodox and effective, despite being very simple. Nothing like it.

Avenger

Immortal
There's a strange obsession with the Swiss amongst the Djokovic fanbase. Not sure why one infraction here is called out when Djokovic has enough to fill a book.
It's because he has never given Novak the respect he deserves yet Novak has acknowledged him more than enough. It's not reciprocated. And now everyone hates him because he took his shirt off during a pandemic and organised a tournament. Yes he f**ked up but anything to hate him is there for all to see. Any excuse will do. It's so smug, veiled and pathetic.

LatK7

First Grade
It's because he has never given Novak the respect he deserves yet Novak has acknowledged him more than enough. It's not reciprocated. And now everyone hates him because he took his shirt off during a pandemic and organised a tournament. Yes he f**ked up but anything to hate him is there for all to see. Any excuse will do. It's so smug, veiled and pathetic.

Federer has said for years he considers Djokovic excellent and consistently puts him on the same level as he and Nadal whenever journo's imply he's still not there and only 'chasing'. Even in Fed's twilight when he's not been half the player he once was he never uses excuses when he's lost to Djokovic & congratulated him for being the better player. Drop the siege mentality mate, the respect is there.

And Djokovic cops shit from people because of his ridiculous antics. He doesn't need them, but only he can work that out.

Avenger

Immortal
Federer has said for years he considers Djokovic excellent and consistently puts him on the same level as he and Nadal whenever journo's imply he's still not there and only 'chasing'. Even in Fed's twilight when he's not been half the player he once was he never uses excuses when he's lost to Djokovic & congratulated him for being the better player. Drop the siege mentality mate, the respect is there.

And Djokovic cops shit from people because of his ridiculous antics. He doesn't need them, but only he can work that out.
Fed isn’t the good sport you think he is. Do some research and come back to me.
:crown: :flag_rs: :goat:

chiefy1

Juniors
Fed isn’t the good sport you think he is. Do some research and come back to me.
:crown: :flag_rs: :goat:

Agreed, I remember fed saying that he thought that Nadal's powerful game would result him retiring early through injuries, and he also put crap on another top player changing racquet brands saying that it's a huge gamble. Both these instances are to gain advantage by creating doubt.
Nadal is the goat , and Novak is another good guy

Game_Breaker

Coach

I think he wasn't well liked before that

Game_Breaker

Coach
Federer had plenty of nobodies where he took majors in the early part of his career. Legends like Nalbandian, the Scud and a 40 year old Agassi. Give me a break!!

Novak is the GOAT and no amount of Federer wankerism can challenge that now. Novak will soon be the player with the longest weeks at number 1 and has a better head to head record against Nadal and Federer. I don't mind Rafa but Federer is the Sugar Ray Leonard of tennis. Disputed by plenty.

Respect and kneel to the King!

Agassi was 35 when Federer beat him in the US open (In May that would be 1 year older than Djokovic)
He also never played Nalbandian in a major final

LatK7

First Grade
Agassi was 35 when Federer beat him in the US open (In May that would be 1 year older than Djokovic)
He also never played Nalbandian in a major final

He knows, but it's played up to undermine Fed's achievements during that time (despite beating all-time greats, slam winners, world number #1s, Nadal x2, Djokovic x4 and Murray x1, and funnily enough all the players who beat Djokovic/Nadal/Murray) while also ignoring Djokovic's recent slam success amongst giants like Anderson, Thiem, Medvedev and Del Potro who was missing a backhand in an era that's proven itself weaker for now twice as long as 04-07.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He knows, but it's played up to undermine Fed's achievements during that time (despite beating all-time greats, slam winners, world number #1s, Nadal x2, Djokovic x4 and Murray x1, and funnily enough all the players who beat Djokovic/Nadal/Murray) while also ignoring Djokovic's recent slam success amongst giants like Anderson, Thiem, Medvedev and Del Potro who was missing a backhand in an era that's proven itself weaker for now twice as long as 04-07.
Its close but Joker has beaten better players in slam finals overall imo

LatK7

First Grade
Its close but Joker has beaten better players in slam finals overall imo

He's done very well, strangely lost the ones he should've won against lesser players, i.e. 2x Murray and 2x Wawrinka. That's really been the only difference amongst the big three in terms of slam count. Nadal/Fed have one loss in slams finals to players not in the big 3. I expect Djokovic to continue to correct this, unless he hits a decline and starts racking up losses to this mug generation (unlikely).

saint.nick

Coach
The only pricks who like Novak are his Serbian fans, if someone on Facebook is sticking up for him, their surname is certainly ending in 'ic'. His fans were embarrassing last night too.

He will never be considered an equal to Roger. Roger in his prime shits all over Novak.

saint.nick

Coach
It's because whenever my man wins Federer's name is mentioned. Every f**king time. Don't mind Nadal he is a true champion and humble without being smug but the broken Swiss robot can step aside. Him and his delusional supporters.
At least Roger's supporters have brain cells mate.

Latest posts