What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14 six again restarts against the Dragons

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah and I meant to mention milking, we'll see a lot more of that, I'm sure the Storm are working out some milking drills as we speak.
ColossalBlueAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

Slackboy72

Coach
Problem I had watching is that I had no idea on why they made the calls most the time. I heard a call for hand on the ball once, and assume a few were slowing the play the ball, but as a spectator I didn’t see much difference between the sides... maybe decent commentators and better filing/production will help?

as long as the team knows why and they can address it, then this is what trials are for.
This is the crux of the problem.
75% of the time you hear 6-again you can't figure out why it was called.
I counted 4 restarts in one set and didn't see one ruck offence.

Dragons4me

Juniors
We'll see what happens. We'll see how long it takes for a Bellamy and/or Robinson and/or Ricky Stewart post match explosion if the six again rule goes against them. It'll happen. I reckon it will happen within the first month.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Whether it is our team or another on the end of a lop sided penalty / 6 again / count I don’t like it. It breeds suspicion of bias. Rugby League is a game without
‘ complete ‘ resetting of teams after each tackle. Therefore it is easy to literally blow a penalty or 6 again each tackle. Now with 6 again there is little scrutiny or explanation to fans. Possible to 6 again on 1 st or 5 th it’s the new lucky dip. It’s going to be ugly this year. Hope I’m wrong.
It's the most stupid rule designed to make the game faster. Expect injuries to increase before they realise what they are doing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So many rule changes brought in to fix a problem 1 team brought in to slow the game down and make it structured to suit them. Easier solution was to keep the game as it was before it was ruined and blow the pea out of the whistle for any deliberate slowing of the play and wrestling moves. You can see when an extra man flops in to "lend a hand" when the tackle is more or less complete. Or when a ref calls held and there is a second effort. Refs need to call held quicker and as soon as the player makes no effort to release, blow 6 again. So many times I see the ref call held and the tackled player will then be thrown to the ground when he does not need to be. Maybe reward teams somehow for 1 on 1 tackles.

Rather than change the game, bring it back to what it was pre wrestling days. The rules where fine then.

People will say there was wrestling in the game for ages before 2006/7. I have been watching games on fox of old games and there was no way near as many as now if any. Last time we had a season like that Tigers won with a small pack of mobile forwards.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Or when a ref calls held and there is a second effort. Refs need to call held quicker and as soon as the player makes no effort to release, blow 6 again. So many times I see the ref call held and the tackled player will then be thrown to the ground when he does not need to be. Maybe reward teams somehow for 1 on 1 tackles.
This is one that has baffled me for a while. When I was playing, “held” meant the tackle was complete and you had to let go.

The bloke with the ball wasn’t allowed to move forwards either at that point.

These days “held” is like an amber light in traffic - more like a 3 second warning..

blacksafake

First Grade
So many rule changes brought in to fix a problem 1 team brought in to slow the game down and make it structured to suit them. Easier solution was to keep the game as it was before it was ruined and blow the pea out of the whistle for any deliberate slowing of the play and wrestling moves. You can see when an extra man flops in to "lend a hand" when the tackle is more or less complete. Or when a ref calls held and there is a second effort. Refs need to call held quicker and as soon as the player makes no effort to release, blow 6 again. So many times I see the ref call held and the tackled player will then be thrown to the ground when he does not need to be. Maybe reward teams somehow for 1 on 1 tackles.

Rather than change the game, bring it back to what it was pre wrestling days. The rules where fine then.

People will say there was wrestling in the game for ages before 2006/7. I have been watching games on fox of old games and there was no way near as many as now if any. Last time we had a season like that Tigers won with a small pack of mobile forwards.
They did crackdown a couple of years ago & surprise, surprise the storm & roosters were struggling in the early rounds. Then the coaches,nine,ex players & commentators jumped up & down so Greenburg relented.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
They did crackdown a couple of years ago & surprise, surprise the storm & roosters were struggling in the early rounds. Then the coaches,nine,ex players & commentators jumped up & down so Greenburg relented.
We were going okay up to that stage i think; suited our polite ‘bide by the rules’ and not ‘ talking or questioning the ref decision’ style.