What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v parradontmatter

betcats

Referee
Having multiple genuine centre and wing options should help.

Yep our depth in the outside backs is very good. I think even outside the NRL squad we have some decent options in Turuva, Taylan May and Jenkins. May and Jenkins both scored on the weekend, Jenkins would've had two if not for a forward pass, he is big outside back and he looks quick I think he could slot in to the nrl side if we had a serious run of injuries.

In the forwards young Tago I think will be on the fast track somewhat also. He looks good, should've scored on the weekend.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep our depth in the outside backs is very good. I think even outside the NRL squad we have some decent options in Turuva, Taylan May and Jenkins. May and Jenkins both scored on the weekend, Jenkins would've had two if not for a forward pass, he is big outside back and he looks quick I think he could slot in to the nrl side if we had a serious run of injuries.

In the forwards young Tago I think will be on the fast track somewhat also. He looks good, should've scored on the weekend.

Jenkins is the tall looking winger in the highlights?

This is why I am in the "not concerned about the roster" camp. We have a more well rounded 17 rather than a stacked forward pack and missing som pieces.

betcats

Referee
Jenkins is the tall looking winger in the highlights?

This is why I am in the "not concerned about the roster" camp. We have a more well rounded 17 rather than a stacked forward pack and missing som pieces.

Yeah he scores off the grubber. He looks about the same size as Burton.

Jane Murray

Bench

What position does Taylan May play, and is he better than his brother?

franklin2323

Immortal

Tago had a few poor reads

Turuva is still very raw. Maybe on the wing but he does the schoolboy trick of hog it and try and beat the whole team

Both look physically up to it. Just not sure development wise.

both I would have in development squad.

betcats

Referee

Turuva is still very raw. Maybe on the wing but he does the schoolboy trick of hog it and try and beat the whole team

Tago was playing on an edge which may explain those reads. He has been a middle forward coming through. But yeah I am not expecting anyone I mentioned to be in the FG squad but with development contracts and the new NSW cup rule they can play later in the year if we needed them.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tago was playing on an edge which may explain those reads. He has been a middle forward coming through. But yeah I am not expecting anyone I mentioned to be in the FG squad but with development contracts and the new NSW cup rule they can play later in the year if we needed them.

Oh yeah. I saw nothing to suggest no one that played isn't up to it. Still stand by that NSW Cup should be favourites

Just comes to filling out the squad. Hopgood and Hands should get 2 spots. Takes us too the 28 needed

mxlegend99

Referee
Why would you have beef against Cartwright?
He did us no harm.
I personally feel sorry for him, the media destroyed his life and continue to do so.
I get the parra bashing but don't see the need to kick that poor fella while he is down.
For some reason it's fashionable to hate our players once they leave. But personally I dont get it. If i liked a player before leaving (Dallin, Moylan, Carty etc.) I continue to like them once they leave and like seeing them do well except against us.

I get really bummed for them when they suffer injuries or join shit teams that destroy their careers. Although when its a team like Bulldogs throwing insane overs at a player. I would be happy the club is suffering while feeling for the player throwing their career away.

panthersam

Juniors
For some reason it's fashionable to hate our players once they leave. But personally I dont get it. If i liked a player before leaving (Dallin, Moylan, Carty etc.) I continue to like them once they leave and like seeing them do well except against us.

I get really bummed for them when they suffer injuries or join shit teams that destroy their careers. Although when its a team like Bulldogs throwing insane overs at a player. I would be happy the club is suffering while feeling for the player throwing their career away.

Moylan is the exception for me, I don’t even know why to be honest - maybe because I loved him so much when he was our player that it hurt too much when he left. Plus his response to our fans when he scored against us didn’t help my feelings either lol

Kilkenny

Coach

I agree Tago needs time to develop physically.

Turuva tried hard, but again like many probably needs 12 months in the lower grades before he will be ready to make the step up.

Thomas Jenkins has a good solid physique, didn’t really get any opportunities to show his pace in open space but given we have a few spaces to fill he could be a dark horse.

If anything came out of Saturday night I think we have to retain Burton if only as back up for our two halves. You can see the class is there and he is a beast physically.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree Tago needs time to develop physically.

Turuva tried hard, but again like many probably needs 12 months in the lower grades before he will be ready to make the step up.

Thomas Jenkins has a good solid physique, didn’t really get any opportunities to show his pace in open space but given we have a few spaces to fill he could be a dark horse.

So far the players multiple people here agreed on became future top 17. Staines and Crichton for example.

Seems Jenkins is on the same path.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Paea Pau who was in our 2020 squad played for Mounties on Saturday night, was always a seriously big unit and looked to be carrying too much weight but he put in a pretty decent shift. I guess he thought he had something to prove.

Kilkenny

Coach
Obviously our trial against the Eels will provide us with a better idea of where we are at.

There is the nucleus of our top 20 - 22 and then there is the rest.

Not sure we have any money or there is too much quality left out there but I can’t help feeling we would benefit from one or two depth additions.

betcats

Referee
Re Turuva and Tago, their last game for Penrith was an SG Ball game before the season got cancelled last year so NSW cup is a considerable step up for them , it will be interesting to see if they start the year in NSW cup or Jersey Flegg but if they are handling themselves in NSW cup I'd leave them there.

Latest posts