What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Smug Panther

First Grade
The only pricks who like Novak are his Serbian fans, if someone on Facebook is sticking up for him, their surname is certainly ending in 'ic'. His fans were embarrassing last night too.

He will never be considered an equal to Roger. Roger in his prime shits all over Novak.
Classic delusional Fedtard

Avenger

Immortal
All Novak supporters have this look when dealing with Fed supporters. We face it all the time. Take that!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
The only pricks who like Novak are his Serbian fans, if someone on Facebook is sticking up for him, their surname is certainly ending in 'ic'. His fans were embarrassing last night too.

He will never be considered an equal to Roger. Roger in his prime shits all over Novak.

Oof. Talk about embarrassment.

Fed has been a very good player, I'm a Novak fan (never even been to Serbia FYI) but certainly I don't get the parochial rubbish from certain parts of all three fanbases. All three are amazing players in their own right.

Fed has the personality of a roof tile though. Great player, just boring for mine. The Melbourne Storm of tennis, just without the cheating

saint.nick

Coach
Oof. Talk about embarrassment.

Fed has been a very good player, I'm a Novak fan (never even been to Serbia FYI) but certainly I don't get the parochial rubbish from certain parts of all three fanbases. All three are amazing players in their own right.

Fed has the personality of a roof tile though. Great player, just boring for mine. The Melbourne Storm of tennis, just without the cheating
Federer's 'boring' personality is just a persona, he was known for having a wild personality in his youth.

But what's worse, a wooden personality, or an adulation-craving, anti vaxxer personality like Novak's? Hmmm....

LatK7

First Grade
All Novak supporters have this look when dealing with Fed supporters. We face it all the time. Take that!!!!

The crowd there antagosnised him after the Roddick comments, he could've been playing anyone there and he'd cop it. As big a a cock up that was from Fed, it was a post prime Fed blowing match point against Djokovic at his highest ever level. Considering he also beat Djokovic at the French that year, you've got to wonder how the two would fare in a true peak for peak bout. Unfortunately we never got to see it.

Game_Breaker

Coach
What I want to know is why does the great Rod Laver not get mentioned in GOAT debates

He dominated in his time and won 11 grand slams after not being allowed to play in a grand slam for the first 5 years of his career before the open era

LatK7

First Grade
What I want to know is why does the great Rod Laver not get mentioned in GOAT debates

He dominated in his time and won 11 grand slams after not being allowed to play in a grand slam for the first 5 years of his career before the open era

Agreed, he should be on anyone's short list at the very least. Incredible player, probably the most talented of all time. It may just be that a lot of time has passed and the game has changed, it'll happen to the big 3 eventually.

Game_Breaker

Coach
This says it all about Federer and when I started to seriously dislike him. The comments by the YouTube subscribers are gold. He is an arrogant, sore loser. He was flying here and then he faced the new King.

What’s the big deal?
He had 2 match points and was frustrated for losing a semi final

LatK7

First Grade

That was a really nice speech. I hope he can come back and play to his potential at a slam final soon. If he can make a few adjustments to his game (forecourt woes) and get his head right in big moments, he should be a contender at the AO and USO for a long while. Easier said than done with these kids though. My biggest worry for them is that they go the lost gen route, i.e. Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori, etc plateauing and getting injured.

Avenger

Immortal
That was a really nice speech. I hope he can come back and play to his potential at a slam final soon. If he can make a few adjustments to his game (forecourt woes) and get his head right in big moments, he should be a contender at the AO and USO for a long while. Easier said than done with these kids though. My biggest worry for them is that they go the lost gen route, i.e. Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori, etc plateauing and getting injured.
Some insights on Nole too. Nice to hear

Apey

Staff member
Reading comments from Djokovic's coach about the slam count race made me think that besides his body breaking down, Nadal dropping that 2018 Aus Open is going to hurt him most. Or maybe it just hurt me the most. merkin. I'd give Djokovic another RG title just to reverse that damn result.

Anyway assuming Nadal keeps winning the French Open until he retires, he'd need to jag the occasional US Open (his next most successful) to stay ahead of Djokovic. I feel like Djokovic has longevity on his side not just form.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much counting the Fed out. Not saying he can't win another but he won't be able to win as many as the other two.

LatK7

First Grade
Reading comments from Djokovic's coach about the slam count race made me think that besides his body breaking down, Nadal dropping that 2018 Aus Open is going to hurt him most. Or maybe it just hurt me the most. merkin. I'd give Djokovic another RG title just to reverse that damn result.

Anyway assuming Nadal keeps winning the French Open until he retires, he'd need to jag the occasional US Open (his next most successful) to stay ahead of Djokovic. I feel like Djokovic has longevity on his side not just form.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much counting the Fed out. Not saying he can't win another but he won't be able to win as many as the other two.

Do you mean 2019 AO, or the 2017 loss against Fed? Nadal won't ever win another set on hard court against Djokovic. It's a terrible match up for him since he slowed down after 2014.

Nadal has been very fortunate with the USO draws in 17/19, perhaps his luck will continue, but the USO does feel more open than any other slam. Wimbledon will work in Djokovic's favour, his serve has greatly improved, next gen are useless and especially on grass. It will be a wasteland soon, Fed/Nadal might have another good run in them but even now Nishikori and RBA made the last QF/SFs...the horror.

I'd say, presuming their bodies don't break down and without the prospect of any comparable talent (i.e. anything close to a young big 3 type), Nadal 2x RG with potential for a USO. Djokovic 2x AO, 1x USO, 2x Wimbledon. Fed's way too old & slow, but may pick up a Halle or Basel title.

Latest posts