What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

Tiger05

First Grade
We have better individuals ( too many "on their day" for my comfort)....we won't know for awhile yet if we have a better team ( the hard part)

I agree with this. If we click we can score some points but we will be able to grind it out when it counts.

stryker

First Grade
Smith has to incredible natural core strength on top of how hard and the way he trains. A thousand guys can copy Smith's training regime but Smith is the only guy his size and age who can tackle like that consistently even in a great defensive system. If it was purely a training regime to doing what Smith does in tackles all the guys that leave the Storm would teach it to other clubs and everyone would be defending like him. The Storm would have abused the hell out of something like that if it was pure training thing. Have everyone tackling OP as hell instead of a good defensive system covering up flawed individuals.
A lot of teams do defend like the Storm. We are one of the only ones who resist it. Our men are not strong enough to compete in the wrestle which usually results in other sides controlling the ruck and the game speed. Therefore we are the the team with the longest absence from finals currently.

Original Name

Juniors
A lot of teams do defend like the Storm. We are one of the only ones who resist it. Our men are not strong enough to compete in the wrestle which usually results in other sides controlling the ruck and the game speed. Therefore we are the the team with the longest absence from finals currently.
Just copying the structure isn't enough, that means very little it's about desire. Working hard from the inside even when you're out of your feet. Being willing to put your shoulders in tackles week in week out. Those things just aren't there for the Tigers. The thing that trips the Tigers up every year is motivation week in week out. They show up 90% committed anther team worse than them on paper in the bottom 4 show up 100% committed and roll the Tigers, whereas say the 8-6 teams usually put those guys away. It's just that consistency in regards to effort that a guy like Tamou has that the team has lacked for years. Knights go through a similar thing and wouldn't have made the finals if last season wasn't shortened.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Just copying the structure isn't enough, that means very little it's about desire. Working hard from the inside even when you're out of your feet. Being willing to put your shoulders in tackles week in week out. Those things just aren't there for the Tigers. The thing that trips the Tigers up every year is motivation week in week out. They show up 90% committed anther team worse than them on paper in the bottom 4 show up 100% committed and roll the Tigers. It's just that consistency in regards to effort that a guy like Tamou has that the team has lacked for years. Knights go through a similar thing and wouldn't have made the finals if last season wasn't shortened.
Why are you telling me all this obvious shit?
I mean I agree but the conversation started about team prep.

Original Name

Juniors
Why are you telling me all this obvious shit?
I mean I agree but the conversation started about team prep.
You said a problem is the type of physical training they do. I disagreed and explained why I think that. All the training stuff as long Madge doesn't burn them out like he did to Souths going too hard. It's fine it's a mix of mental issues and the players not being talented enough.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm hoping this weekend that guys like Jock Madden and Jake Simpkins get time playing with the starting forward pack and back line. Like give Brooks and Liddle the first 20min then bring on the others. I think given more of a chance considering they hadn't played for like 12 months they will be better the more they play.

Tigerm

First Grade
You said a problem is the type of physical training they do. I disagreed and explained why I think that. All the training stuff as long Madge doesn't burn them out like he did to Souths going too hard. It's fine it's a mix of mental issues and the players not being talented enough.
That last comment was for last year, jury still out what we will do this year?

stryker

First Grade
I said Ronnie and the conditioning staff aren’t preparing the team well enough in an isolated thread. In no way do I think thats the only problem. The problems with this club are extensive and start from the head.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see Souths are hard balling their 7, Adam Reynolds?

Anyone think a swap with our 7 might be interesting?

Tigerm

First Grade
I said Ronnie and the conditioning staff aren’t preparing the team well enough in an isolated thread. In no way do I think thats the only problem. The problems with this club are extensive and start from the head.
What are the extensive problems that the club have?

I see Souths are hard balling their 7, Adam Reynolds?

Anyone think a swap with our 7 might be interesting?
I was wondering when someone would mention this.

Puts more pressure on Brooks IMO, not that there's been any mention of Reynolds & Tigers (in the press) but.
- Brooks knows that Madge was his coach at Souths,
- Brooks knows that whilst Reynolds may not be in the top 4 7's in the comp, he rates far higher than him,
- Brooks knows that he offers more, as his kicking game alone is far superior and that doesn't include goal kicks.
- Brooks knows and so does Madge.

I'm certain that Reynolds played junior RL with Aaron Woods at Leichhardt Wanderers (whilst Souths supporters always claim that he played/was a souths juniors his entire junior life).

But then again, it may all be nothing but paper talk.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Puts more pressure on Brooks IMO, not that there's been any mention of Reynolds & Tigers (in the press) but.
- Brooks knows that whilst Reynolds may not be in the top 4 7's in the comp, he rates far higher than him,
- Brooks knows that he offers more, as his kicking game alone is far superior and that doesn't include goal kicks.

I'm certain that Reynolds played junior RL with Aaron Woods at Leichhardt Wanderers (whilst Souths supporters always claim that he played/was a souths juniors his entire junior life).

Apparently Reynolds played one season with Woods for Leichhardt Juniors.I used to know Woods’s ex - step father who for a no.of yrs coached the leichhardt juniors team Aaron played in.

WA Tiger

Bench

Considering the risks we have taken in the past with recruitment and the possible risk reward with WT signing Reynolds (aged 30) ,surely us signing him for 4 years would be one of the least risky moves we could make. For Souths to put him in the same risk basket as Burgess and use that a reason not to sign him is imo not clever.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Reynolds is a very one dimensional halfback, all he does is kick and manage, admittedly both extremely well. However he doesn’t take the line on or set up his outside men. He has also been fortunate enough to have these players in his spine:

1. Inglis/Latrell
6. Keary/Walker
9. Luke/cook

Not to mention the multitude of rep forwards infront if him

Meanwhile Brooks has had the likes of Lolohea, Mbye, Anasta, McIllwrick, Godinet

Jock Madden plays an extremely similar way to Reynolds, I’d rather give him a go for a tenth of the price then a 31 year old who’s had a terrible injury run over the years

Das Hassler

Bench
Jock Madden plays an extremely similar way to Reynolds, I’d rather give him a go for a tenth of the price then a 31 year old who’s had a terrible injury run over the years

Early days for him i know but from the few times I've watched him in '19 i can't help but get the impression of Madden as a Chad Townsend lite(er)

Latest posts