What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yo Tigers,

Will Shawn Blore get much game time this season? I’m thinking he might be a handy Super Coach pick up.

Thoughts?

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he will get plenty of game time. I think we are hoping he will turn into a top forward.

He also could get injured and not perform but I think it's a decent low cost bet.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Yo Tigers,

Will Shawn Blore get much game time this season? I’m thinking he might be a handy Super Coach pick up.

Thoughts?

Out of all the promising juniors we have he’s probably the highest rated out of all them. Garner probably has a few rounds to impress otherwise Blore is breathing down his neck for that starting 2nd row position

would not surprise me to see him get a bench spot round 1, but there’s rumours doing the rounds he broke his wrist at training ? And is out till round 3-4 worst case scenario

(Note: most rated, he could still very well be a flop)

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Sure we make top 8. Yes that's a step forward but top8 is just a scam buy the nrl to sell more finals tickets. In the time the afl and nrl have used the current finals format, all comps (or at least 95%) have been won by top 4 teams.
Hard to argue, making top 8 is generally a measure of success when it comes to the media / your average NRL fan

personally I would call a successful season a top 4 finish. But for us and where we are at, just making the top 8 would be good enough, even if we bundled out in weeks 1 or 2

super_coach

First Grade
Hard to argue, making top 8 is generally a measure of success when it comes to the media / your average NRL fan

personally I would call a successful season a top 4 finish. But for us and where we are at, just making the top 8 would be good enough, even if we bundled out in weeks 1 or 2

When you have not made the top eight in a 16 team comp for a bloody long time, to finish 8th would be bender time. Sure top four or five would be a pass mark for most clubs, but for our mob to finish dirty 8th would have Madge and the boys into the flag ale.

Seriously 8th is minimum requirement and anything above is a bonus. Expectations of top four are a couple of years away, but after 2005, never say never

Hoofhearted

Juniors
From the other site:

Jackson Hastings has signed a 2 year deal with us, effective immediately?

If true, we are getting an embarrassment of riches, where do we fit him?
He would obviously play reserve grade to start?
https://www.nospam21.com/jackson-hastings-linked-to-nrl-return-via-sydney-club-2021-98366/

Jackson Hastings linked to Wests Tigers
Would this be a good fit? :thinking:

BY
BEN COTTON
-
EDITOR IN CHIEF
FEBRUARY 2, 2021

Wigan Warriors halfback and former NRL player Jackson Hastings has been linked to the Wests Tigers.

Nine’s The Mole reports that the 25-year old could return to the NRL to play for the Tigers when his Super League contract is over.

Hastings crossed from the Salford Red Devils to Wigan on a two-year deal ahead of the 2020 Super League season and there have been talks that he could seek an early release from his contract to return to the NRL.

The former Rooster and Sea Eagle has been back in Australia during the off-season, further fuelling suggestions of a possible NRL return.

Hastings admitted to Sky Sports in November he was unsure where he would be playing in 2021.

“I’m not sure, honestly,” he said.

“I wanted to get this game out of the way, this game was really important to me.

“I probably would have put it aside again if we had lost because we would have had to play next week.

“I’ve got some deep thinking to do. I think I know what I want to do, I think I know what my heart is telling me to do.

“I’ll probably FaceTime my agent tonight, then FaceTime my mum, my step-dad, the rest of my family and get a gauge of what they think is best for me and my future. Hopefully by the start of next week I’ll come to a decision.”

However, The Mole reports that Hastings will see out the final year of his deal.

With the Tigers losing two veteran playmakers in Benji Marshall and Josh Reynolds, The Mole believes they could be at the front of the queue if the 2019 Man of Steel becomes available.

Hastings played 47 first-grade NRL games from 2014-2018.

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently Ch7 reporting that Sam Burgess has been arrested for drug and driving charges, I think he’s done, if it proves true.

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL 2021: Ryan Matterson linked to Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, Joey Manu to Warriors, play fullback, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacement, Cowboys, Tom Dearden | Fox Sports

BARRETT EYES NEXT TARGET

The Bulldogs are not done with their signing spree with new coach Trent Barrett keeping tabs on the player market as he continues to build his pack.

Next on his hit list is Eels star Ryan Matterson, according to Wide World of Sports.

Matterson has an option to stay at Parramatta in his favour for 2022 but WWOS says the 26-year-old is keen to play with his younger brother, Dean, who is signed to the Mounties.

Hahaha.

The Rosco

Bench
NRL 2021: Ryan Matterson linked to Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, Joey Manu to Warriors, play fullback, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacement, Cowboys, Tom Dearden | Fox Sports

BARRETT EYES NEXT TARGET

The Bulldogs are not done with their signing spree with new coach Trent Barrett keeping tabs on the player market as he continues to build his pack.

Next on his hit list is Eels star Ryan Matterson, according to Wide World of Sports.

Matterson has an option to stay at Parramatta in his favour for 2022 but WWOS says the 26-year-old is keen to play with his younger brother, Dean, who is signed to the Mounties.

Hahaha.
. . . No.
Ryan Matterson is a shining example of honour, dignity and humanity.
I hear that UNICEF is going to use a photo of Ryan on this year's print run of collection boxes, such is his universal appeal.
I'm going to pee my pants listening to the pawwa fans screaming blue murder when Flatterson the cat leaves them for a $100 higher offer from the dogs.
Rhyno, let's take stock here.
Parra fans hate you and disown you.
WT fans hate you.
Do you see the pattern emerging ?

Latest posts