What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
I certainly take your point regarding the risk of injury to first graders but do you see the value in a trial if the team is made up predominantly of young guys like we had against Mounties?

Yeh can somewhat understand that. I just can't see the point in playing any in the top 17, regardless of whether they're a new combination or not. There's little win in it imo, a coach would have his 17 penciled in prior to any trials.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeh can somewhat understand that. I just can't see the point in playing any in the top 17, regardless of whether they're a new combination or not. There's little win in it imo, a coach would have his 17 penciled in prior to any trials.

Then you are possibly giving other sides a couple of win head starts

Bob

Juniors
From the Tele

NRL 2021: Stephen Crichton set to sign new deal at Penrith Panthers until end of 2023
After months of prolonged negotiations, Stephen Crichton is ready to put pen to paper on a new deal at Penrith.

Penrith is expected to finally announce the re-signing of star centre Stephen Crichton on Wednesday.

After months of prolonged negotiations, Crichton will sign a deal keeping him at Penrith until the end of 2023.

His new deal is worth a combined total of about $1.7m.

Crichton, 20, had been linked to Canterbury and Sydney Roosters but will further his already burgeoning career at the Panthers.

cf42ba8adeaa541ba9d3ea0c76819964

Stephen Crichton is staying at the foot of the mountains. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
He scored 17 tries last season during a breakout 2020 season which included selection in the NSW State of Origin squad and a grand final appearance.

It is unknown whether Penrith will officially announce Crichton’s retention today or later in the week.

Penrith kick off their season against North Queensland Cowboys at Panthers Stadium on Saturday, March 13.

BxTom

Bench
From the Tele

NRL 2021: Stephen Crichton set to sign new deal at Penrith Panthers until end of 2023
After months of prolonged negotiations, Stephen Crichton is ready to put pen to paper on a new deal at Penrith.

Penrith is expected to finally announce the re-signing of star centre Stephen Crichton on Wednesday.

After months of prolonged negotiations, Crichton will sign a deal keeping him at Penrith until the end of 2023.

Crichton, 20, had been linked to Canterbury and Sydney Roosters but will further his already burgeoning career at the Panthers.

Stephen Crichton is staying at the foot of the mountains. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
He scored 17 tries last season during a breakout 2020 season which included selection in the NSW State of Origin squad and a grand final appearance.

It is unknown whether Penrith will officially announce Crichton’s retention today or later in the week.

Penrith kick off their season against North Queensland Cowboys at Panthers Stadium on Saturday, March 13.
I'll take Blades word that it was only the media that had him linked to anyone :)

WestyLife

First Grade
From the Tele

Am I calculating that wrong or it that just under $600k per year? I like that number much better.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'd say a $400k upgrade for 2021 and the $650k for 2022 and 2023.

It averages out just under 600. Upgrade for this year plus a two year extension. I wonder if it is 1.7 including what he was due to get paid in 2021 or 1.7m on top of the contract he already had for 2021.

If he upgrades for this year surely it counts. Still a reasonable amount.

GongPanther

Referee
From the Tele

After his contract expires, I wonder how many of this squad will be with us. Can't see Crichton saying with us with the money other clubs will be throwing at him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
After his contract expires, I wonder how many of this squad will be with us. Can't see Crichton saying with us with the money other clubs will be throwing at him.

I'll worry bout that when the time comes.

I'll enjoy the fact that Stephen is choosing to stay with us until the end of 2023. I know he has strong ties with the local community and his team mates, also the club that has developed him.

I'm choosing not to be stressed about 3 years time.

I'll enjoy now.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That may sound like a flippant comment. It's not meant to be. There will always be 'monopoly' noney being thrown around by desperate clubs. At times our club did the same.

Just pleased that he has chosen to re-sign with Penrith. Hope Luai's signature not too far off either.

CCJohnC

Juniors
That may sound like a flippant comment. It's not meant to be. There will always be 'monopoly' noney being thrown around by desperate clubs. At times our club did the same.

Just pleased that he has chosen to re-sign with Penrith. Hope Luai's signature not too far off either.

Both together I hope.

maple_69

Bench
If we want to be successful long term we won’t be hanging onto outside backs for very long. If he plays well he’ll be gone after this contract unless we want to play him out the back.

I reckon the only guys we’ll have left in 24 are Cleary, Luai, Yeo, Fish, Api and then a couple of Staines/Crichton/To’o and a couple of Leniu/Leota/Martin.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If we want to be successful long term we won’t be hanging onto outside backs for very long. If he plays well he’ll be gone after this contract unless we want to play him out the back.

I reckon the only guys we’ll have left in 24 are Cleary, Luai, Yeo, Fish, Api and then a couple of Staines/Crichton/To’o and a couple of Leniu/Leota/Martin.
100% but the outrage in here will be a good laugh

From the Tele

If 1.7m is correct, the club have done very well in keeping the figure contained. Perhaps why the negotiations have taken so long?

Latest posts